Regarding Faction-related bugs, update

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Regarding Faction-related bugs, update

Threaded View

Regarding Faction-related bugs, update

UPDATE 1/3/12:

Hey all,

So we've come up with a prospective fix for the invisible members glitch, where one or more players are showing up as being in your faction but they cannot participate in the faction activities. Here's the catch: without testing the fix, we are concerned that people who aren't ghosts (i.e. normal members) might be booted along with the ghosts. We can't mock up an affected faction to test because the issue isn't something we can replicate in a controlled environment.

To that end, I'm asking if we have a handful volunteer factions who are affected and would be willing to try out the fix for us (we need about 5-10). The way it would work is that a faction leader would provide me with their faction name, their own invite code, and who the un-removable players are. I would take a snapshot of the current faction members and donations just in case it booted anyone it wasn't supposed to.

Every member of the volunteer guild would get 200 gold just for giving us a hand. Anything goes wrong, we re-add the legit members and make sure that all donations are covered.

Normally we wouldn't ask for this, but this is an important issue that we are unable to replicate reliably.

One other thing that would of extreme help to us: we need the names/invite codes of some of the people showing up in multiple factions, as well as the names/invite codes of those factions. I've had plenty of reports of this from both affected players and guilds, but very few of them list all the faction names, and that's what we need to address that one.
    Last edited by CJ54; 01-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.