Packing heat in school

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Packing heat in school

Banned
    Post Count

Packing heat in school

Every time a school massacre occurs the topic of carrying guns in school by adults of age comes up.

For me as a big supporter of the Second Amendment I have always carried concealed.

So at university it was always odd not to. Even having a firearm in a car was a no no (I did anyhow)

So I'm curious how others feel about arming teachers and others who protect our children in absentia.

Banned
    Post Count

Banned
    Post Count
    Iteachem just got excited about teachers packing heat

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdMaffiaBaroness View Post
    Every time a school massacre occurs the topic of carrying guns in school by adults of age comes up.

For me as a big supporter of the Second Amendment I have always carried concealed.

So at university it was always odd not to. Even having a firearm in a car was a no no (I did anyhow)

So I'm curious how others feel about arming teachers and others who protect our children in absentia.
    Someone please explain to Captain Sweatpants here that having a penis is not the same as carrying a concealed weapon.

Post Count
    +1 for the name "captain sweatpants"

-1 for this thread

Verbose Veteran Scarface corleone's Avatar
    Post Count

Go and fall off a building will ya, thats probably the dumbest idea ever.
    "big supporter of the second amendment!" Awe inspiring words in light of recent events!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface corleone View Post
    Go and fall off a building will ya, thats probably the dumbest idea ever.
    "big supporter of the second amendment!" Awe inspiring words in light of recent events!
    Scarface if indeed you live where your profile says understand there are differences in our cultures.

When I say I am a big supporter it means I want MORE guns in the hands of law abiding citizens to help end tragedies like this prior to them taking off. We had a mall shooting recently out west where this would have been a great example. Also, the VA tech shooting comes to mind.

You will never be able to eliminate guns from the planet, country, etc... So if you outlaw them then only outlaws end up with them and honest citizens are even weaker to defend themselves from senseless tragedies like this.

So, since you don't live here, aren't a part of our culture, don't understand our rights come from God not government, and refuse to eloquently make your points without resorting to ad hominem attacks like jump off a bridge.... Then feel free to exit this thread.

As for those who wish to express an intelligent thought regardless of how you feel about the issue..

Proceed.

Banned
    Post Count
    Scarface if indeed you live where your profile says understand there are differences in our cultures.

When I say I am a big supporter it means I want MORE guns in the hands of law abiding citizens to help end tragedies like this prior to them taking off. We had a mall shooting recently out west where this would have been a great example. Also, the VA tech shooting comes to mind.

You will never be able to eliminate guns from the planet, country, etc... So if you outlaw them then only outlaws end up with them and honest citizens are even weaker to defend themselves from senseless tragedies like this.

So, since you don't live here, aren't a part of our culture, don't understand our rights come from God not government, and refuse to eloquently make your points without resorting to ad hominem attacks like jump off a bridge.... Then feel free to exit this thread.

As for those who wish to express an intelligent thought regardless of how you feel about the issue..

Proceed.
    So you're saying that GOD wants you to carry a gun - hmmmm, that's a new one.

Packing a gun at uni is fuc####d .......is that how you got the profs to pass you.....lol

Banned
    Post Count
    Well since you avoided attacking me directly I will respond.

In America our founding and governing documents are the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

The Declaration of independence is a fantastic document and I suggest all should give it a read. It makes clear that the founders of our country believed that we are endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights Life Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

It goes on to explain that to secure these God given rights governments are instituted among men and the governments derive their powers from the consent of the governed i.e. the people. Finally, it makes clear that if any form of government engages in abuses of power it is not only the right but the duty to overthrow such government and provide new leaders to secure their future.

All of these ideas were unheard of at the time of their inclusion. Europe had centuries of leaders who claimed they had divine right to rule and religion was misused to the ends of the state. Also no one would rightly make clear to their subjects that if they were to get out of line they should be overthrown. This was a radicle departure from the norm.

These principles are what made America so successful and has led to it dominance as a world power.

You see the founding fathers believed that by having an armed citizen soldier we would act as a 4th part of the system of check and balances on the power of this country. Judicial, Legislative, Executive, and well a regulated Citizen led militia.

The Supreme Court of this land has recently upheld this controversial ideal by saying in fact yes it is important that citizens be able to protect themselves from tyranny and oppression by the government through the ownership of firearms.

If you do not like these ideas don't be angry with me. Be angry with those who founded the United States of America and enshrined these principles in our founding documents to ensure they continued in perpetuity.

I just happen to agree with their ideals, hence I live in the country. For those who disagree, they can discuss, work to change, and even choose to live elsewhere. It's simple.
    Last edited by ColdMaffiaBaroness; 12-15-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Post Count
    I agree with you. It's a shame that some people believe that their beliefs should be thrust unto others through the use of (government) force.

Though, Baroness, understand that a majority of British (and many other European peoples) do not believe in natural rights. We're sort of lucky, here in the US, that a majority of people still believe in the ideals eloquently penned by our founding (unfortunately we can't seem to elect a President, Senate or House that believe in the same things). Until then, our guns, resolve as Americans and commonly held belief in freedom are the only things that can protect us from evil.

We can't force the British to believe in freedom. People need to accept, believe in, sacrifice, and fight for freedom to truly understand it. It's easy to have an uninformed opinion about something (gosh, just look at some of the threads on here or look at Facebook and Twitter). After tragic events it's all too common to want to blame and point the finger at something else without facts. It's easy to say or want someone else's freedom or money to be taken away. The British have been very good at this throughout their history. So has Russia, the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, and just about any other powerful country. But so has the American government. Freedom is no easy, one step and one size fits all ideal. If there's one thing I've learned as I've grown, it's that one can only fight for their own freedom, not anyone else's. Forcing liberty upon someone is no more just than taking it away.
    Last edited by mxz; 12-15-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    I agree with you. It's a shame that some people believe that their beliefs should be thrust unto others through the use of (government) force.

Though, Baroness, understand that a majority of British (and many other European peoples) do not believe in natural rights. We're sort of lucky, here in the US, that a majority of people still believe in the ideals eloquently penned by our founding (unfortunately we can't seem to elect a President, Senate or House that believe in the same things). Until then, our guns, resolve as Americans and commonly held belief in freedom are the only things that can protect us from evil.

We can't force the British to believe in freedom. People need to accept, believe in, sacrifice, and fight for freedom to truly understand it. It's easy to have an uninformed opinion about something (gosh, just look at some of the threads on here or look at Facebook and Twitter). After tragic events it's all too common to want to blame and point the finger at something else without facts. It's easy to say or want someone else's freedom or money to be taken away. The British have been very good at this throughout their history. So has Russia, the Soviet Union, China, North Korea, and just about any other powerful country. But so has the American government. Freedom is no easy, one step and one size fits all ideal. If there's one thing I've learned as I've grown, it's that one can only fight for their own freedom, not anyone else's. Forcing liberty upon someone is no more just than taking it away.
    exactly MXZ.
    I don't try to tell people from other countries how they should run their lives. Why is it that everyone feels so free to point out what they hate so much about America and how we should run our lives?

People: It is our country's belief that an armed society is a free society. I'm not trying to suggest that everyone in the states is pro-gun, it's probably only a slight majority, but it is our Constitutional right to choose.

There are so many guns here, they could never all be taken away. It is part of our culture, I myself own a small arsenal. I hunt, shoot trap and enjoy target shooting. I also keep some at the ready in case someone comes in my house and threatens me or my family.

The problem with these mass murders needs to be addressed where the actual problem lies; treatment (or lack of) of the mentally disturbed.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post

What's your big hate-on for the Brits. And since when don't they believe in freedom - or others' freedom

You guys were a bit late to that big party that Hitler threw - oh right - you only got involved when it hit your own soil.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid

This guy was a nutbar - hard to control that - however a nutbar who goes postal and grabs a knife - maybe can do a bit of damage - BUT a nutbar who has an arsenal handy can do more - and that seems to be happening more and more.
    Norway was an isolated incident and so was Scotland. Your cases are not isolated.

Banned
    Post Count
    British citizens have freedom... How misinformed some people are .. But we let people that have been trained and have strict guidelines and procedures protect us, unfortunately any old nutcase in America can buy a gun and go on a killing spree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie. View Post
    British citizens have freedom... How misinformed some people are .. But we let people that have been trained and have strict guidelines and procedures protect us, unfortunately any old nutcase in America can buy a gun and go on a killing spree.
    That is an incredibly misinformed and uneducated opinion. If you were an American who has ever attempted to legally purchase a firearm you would be familiar with the background checks, paperwork, firearms training etc that is required.

As jobadass said, you don't need to comment on things you are uninformed on.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post
    Someone please explain to Captain Sweatpants here that having a penis is not the same as carrying a concealed weapon.
    That right there is the quote of the day.

Mxz, I think your values are slightly off. British people are allowed weapons, but only in the right circumstances/control. Any hill billy can buy one in America, and that's where the problem comes in. British people have to prove they have a need/suitable want for a gun. They need to have a bolted down gun locker. They need to have a clean (mental) health record, along with various other requirements. Buying a gun 'to shoot other people with a gun' is not the best strategy.

Baroness, try to be a tad more tactful with your comments. Having a discussion is cool, posting pictures to make a joke out of it comes across pretty bad.

British people do see a zero-tolerance avenue as the simple answer but that's pretty naive based on the current gun culture. Ie, it'll never happen and it ain't possible. But you gotta admit, if no one had guns, no one could shoot...no?

Edit: I should clarify my 'any hill billy' comment. Yes there are checks in America too, but with such a massive amount of guns everywhere, access to them is incredibly easy. Whether that's from a gun shop or from Billy-Bob down the alleyway. There are hardly any guns in UK. Especially the pistols that are available in America that you can hide down your pants.
    Last edited by Olly1; 12-15-2012 at 12:15 PM.