GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Packing heat in school

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarface corleone View Post
    Has anyone seen the movie "we need to talk about Kevin"
    There are a few similarities in this latest tragedy.

I'm not saying it's copied from that, just a bit uncanny,
    I'm not going to debate this topic anymore as I don't see the point!

I will say to brothers/sisters in the U.S. you guys really need to sort this out, yes these tragedies occur all over the world,
    But it's becoming quite a common theme.

Good luck to you all! Heres hoping your leaders can come up with some new offensives on trying to minimize these tragedies.
    Scarface haven't seen it what all were the similarities?

Also I hope you will continue to voice your opinions as they aren't useless. They cause us all to question our tightly held beliefs and hopefully allow us to all grow. That's also what America was founded on freedom to openly discuss, debate and challenge each other through a rigorous exercise of the first amendment (backed up by the second

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    This is laughable to think that someone hell bent on causing this much destruction would be deterred by guns being made illegal. That assumes he would care about breaking anti-gun laws before commiting the crime when in reality he would have just gotten them by illegal means. Use some common sense before you type.

Making guns illegal does not eliminate the existance of them.
    Missing the point as usual.. Can't discuss with some narrow minded people...

i am trying to say that no guns will mean less incidents of this nature, sure there will be people that source guns illegally,
    Same in any country, but i bet you have more gun crime than most.

Did this guy just one day flip, grabbed his mothers guns and go on a rampage... Would he been able to if they were not so easy to get...
    Last edited by Richie.; 12-15-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Double post...deleted.
    Last edited by Richie.; 12-15-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Verbose Veteran Scarface corleone's Avatar
    Post Count
    @cold mafia
    Similarities were young guy kills his parents then goes to a school and kills children,
    However in the film he was using a bow and arrow,

I'm not arguing your right to own a gun! Australians have the right to own guns..
    I just don't see the point in anyone needing to own an assault rifle!

Imo!!

Post Count
    Another point - guns are a scapegoat. Guns aren't killing American, British, Canadian and other NATO soldiers overseas - IEDs (or Improvised Explosive Devices) are. Banning Iraqiis and Afghans from owning guns did not prevent our highly trained brothers and sisters in the military from being killed.

If a couple thousand people without running water or electricity can win two wars against one of the most technologically advanced and highly trained fighting force of all time - how do you think they'd fair against 100 million (that's a guess) armed, smart and motivated US citizens? It matters little if you banned guns - there are probably 50,000 or more "nutjobs" that know much more advanced ways to inflict mass casualties on others than simply mixing diesel + fertilizer and detonating via a cell phone or pressure plate.

Another good example of how banning things doesn't work: flying these days. Not one terrorist attempt has been stopped by the TSA. Not one. All the successfully stopped plots were due to regular everyday "nutjobs" that have the right to defend themself. And trust me when I say there are much much more dangerous things that are allowed through TSA checkpoints and onto planes than the boxcutters, toenail clippers and 4oz containers they take from you.
    Last edited by mxz; 12-15-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    My point is that we have different definitions of freedom. What Baroness, jobadass and I call liberty/freedom is probably better defined as a belief in Natural Rights. A good illustration of this is that we believe people are born with arms - they have the right to swing those arms around as they wish. That right stops in the few inches between their arms and my nose. To us, being able to swing your arms around recklessly and merrily, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's rights is freedom. This has never been well understood by majorities in many other countries.

The European version of freedom is a Positive Rights view. That is, that you are a subject of society and that the government gives you any rights you may need. So, the government may give you the right to own a weapon, but one does not get rights simply be being born (a very stark difference from the American definition). This is coupled with the belief that freedom is the ability to vote.

The problem, in my view, is that any majority can decide which rights any group of citizenry should be granted or taken away at any time. Going back to your example - Germans, by the British/European definition were free. They voted for their leaders and representatives just as British, French, Spanish, etc.. peoples did. Yes, even Jews were considered to have freedom.

There's nothing to prevent a similar vote for the Final Solution (which was legally passed my a majority in the legislature and signed into law by their head of State) in any of those countries. I'm not suggesting it would be done (mostly on morale grounds). However, American definitions of freedom explicitly prevent the government by doing so via rights to self-expression, practice of religion and probably the greatest asset: the right to self-defense (or bear arms, as it is expressly written). It's hard to imagine American soldiers roaming the streets executing members of a minority group (especially a group that is well armed).
    Well said...

Post Count
    I recently took a trip to Phuket, Thailand.
    Anyone there can walk in off the street to a shooting range, select what gun you would like to shoot, and go for it,
    Without having to produce even my drivers license. I choose the desert eagle 6.0,

That was the first time I've ever shot a gun!
    The man behind the counter provides no safety goggles or any basic instruction on how to use the guns.
    Just point and shoot..

I guess the point I'm trying to make is maybe it's a culture thing in the U.S?
    I'm not sure, but there it is probably more easier to get a gun, but the mass shootings just don't happen,

Banned
    Post Count
    Anyone there can walk in off the street to a shooting range, select what gun you would like to shoot, and go for it,
    Without having to produce even my drivers license. I choose the desert eagle 6.0,

The man behind the counter provides no safety goggles or any basic instruction on how to use the guns.
    Just point and shoot..

I'm not sure, but there it is probably more easier to get a gun, but the mass shootings just don't happen,
    Now maybe you are on to something...it's not the guns or the access but those behind it.

Maybe this is a reflection on current values of the youth of America? Or a result of playing ever increasingly violent games manufactured by Japaneese companies like Gree. LMAO sorry couldn't help it.

Banned
    Post Count

Just point and shoot..

And that ain't all you can get off the street in Thailand TRUST ME its like fire from a desert eagle

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdMaffiaBaroness View Post
    And that ain't all you can get off the street in Thailand TRUST ME its like fire from a desert eagle
    Lmao! I wouldnt know I was with my girlfriend

Post Count
    Sorry about the "go fall off a building comment"
    I didnt realize you were going to be open to all sides of the discussion!!

Banned
    Post Count
    Sorry about the "go fall off a building comment"
    I didnt realize you were going to be open to all sides of the discussion!!
    No worries! That's the point of this thread I'm interested in hearing all sides to better inform my position and help to cope with such a tragedy.

Post Count
    I quickly got my concealed carry permit right after I left the military. I carry this puppy everywhere. I have jumped into a firefight before to help my comrades and I would gladly do it again. When the police aren't around, I take great pride in knowing that I am the first/last line of defense for the hundreds of unprotected civilians around me. I carried it in my bag to school everyday because you just never know. I am a good guy, I would never think of harming an innocent. This kind of calamity has me so upset.
    958-165-684

Post Count
    Not to mention that we as a society have pissed all over Gd and His laws and we are paying the price in spades. We no longer have a moral compass. Religion is the backbone of morality and liberal retards continue to decimate a good thing with their own perverted senses of right and wrong. This is how we know Gd wrote the Old Testament. Man can't handle a task that big without adding his own measly two cents in.
    958-165-684

Post Count
    Slayer, you know I love ya, respect you and agree with you so don't take my nitpicking the wrong way - but freedom wasn't given by God. We always had it, with or without God. God gave us the choice of freedom by allowing free will - and the ability to choose liberty, democracy or autocracy.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1