A tribute to cc mark!!! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A tribute to cc mark!!!

Post Count
    Thanks for your posts CCMark. I appreciated, and wish you the best on your next road.
    Lo2b
    --
    Lo2b
    United Kingdom Division
    (WN world 8)

Banned
    Post Count
    My goodness gracious of Gree.
    Quote Originally Posted by twofinger View Post
    Captain Gin...very touching..."Thank you for being a friend"..well FFP wants to SING IT! THANK YOU FOR BEING A NAZI! and FFP hopes that the next person who replaces you will put the customer first. He hopes that the next Gree representative will help us solve our MW problems and not be so concernedwith his own impotence. I suspect that process is in place with the canning ofyour SORRY SIX!

Banned
    Post Count
    I am glad he is gone

He did a bad job communicating our issues with GREE
    He did a bad job letting us know what was going on with the changes in the game.

Thats my opinion

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Remember what happened last time you did this Gin....

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ark-is-the-man!!!
    lol that was like the funniest thread ever!

Post Count
    "Yes, he deserved to get fired... and I hope he burns in hell"

Banned
    Post Count

Clueless.

See, dude had a few problems. 1 - He was clueless.
    Last edited by PIRATE JUSTICE; 12-08-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Remember what happened last time you did this Gin....http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ark-is-the-man!!!
    Half the people in that thread are now Banned - ahhhh - the good ole days
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Supreme Scholar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    Half the people in that thread are now Banned - ahhhh - the good ole days
    Best thread ever between me and the other trolls

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bigflan View Post

Best thread ever between me and the other trolls
    Don't overlook HIS confession.

Dude finally admits to being a TROLL.
    Last edited by PIRATE JUSTICE; 12-08-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Post Count
    [QUOTE=CAPT.GIN;515330]Everyone lets all watch this and thank mark one last time for everything he has done! Don't laugh at the song and just go with the flow! I'm trying to be serious here. Goodbye our great friend cc mark you will be missed and thank you for being a friend we all hope the next person that replaces you will be just as good!

That was thoughtful of you Gin (although I'm not a fan of the song...lol). It sucks for anyone to lose their job to layoffs, especially in our current economic climate. What people fail to realize is that the guy probably had no real authority whatsoever, and had to do what his superiors at Gree instructed him to do. So, if that meant a ban on the forum that people thought was unreasonable, it probably wasn't his decision. Or, if he couldn't reply to an e-mail within a nanosecond of receiving it, again maybe not his decision.

However, people have had their own experiences with him and will judge his performance based on those. Personally, he was pretty attentive to the few e-mails I sent him, and didn't reply to one (but this was recently so who knows what could have been happening at the time) so I don't reall have anything negative to say about him. I hope that he is able to land on his feet soon.

Consistent Contributor Great_wall2's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPuppy2012 View Post
    I am glad he is gone

He did a bad job communicating our issues with GREE
    He did a bad job letting us know what was going on with the changes in the game.

Thats my opinion
    How do you know he did a bad job communicating our issues? Maybe he brought all of our complaints and issues to the company only to be shut down by management because the fix cost to much or would take too much time or not enough resources. Given there were many issues that were communicated to CCM that were eventually fixed suggests he was communicating them relatively well. We clearly know not all issues have been fixed or had taken an extremely long time to change, however I don't think this necessarily reflects CCM doing a "bad job."

As far as being bad at letting us know about changes to the game, that was not necessarily true either. There were several times events/ changes were released well before the planned release date and before he was even allowed to announce it. That's like someone telling you "Hey we're having a surprise bday for friend x on the 22nd don't say anything to him. Then your idiot buddy who set up the whole thing up goes out and has the party on the 20th instead without telling you. Meanwhile friend x calls you up because they are ticked you didn't come to the party and that you didn't tell him about it. Clearly it is all your fault...

Was CCM perfect? No of course not, but he did try and he did care given he was on the forum often at at odd times of the day and some changes were made. Remember it was basically him helping to manage the forums for all the Funzio / Gree games (ridiculous yes, but was the reality). I'd like to see anyone here try to manage and answer ever single question for multiple games (support, issues, changes, events) posed directly to CCM in threads and PMs by yourself. Then bring these issues to the programmers and management, get them fixed, tested and rolled out to everyone successfully. Oh and by the way did I mention most everyone wanted to hear from him the same day? Yup very manageable...

So was CCM really all that bad or was he more a victim of a company that was slow to change and ultimately really didn't put as much stock into its clientele, particularly the free players? Given CCM's body of work I suspect it was the latter...
    MW: 887634148 Level 83 Xenophobic
    KA: 666385457 Level 115 Grendal
    MQ: 661030172. Level 15 Grendal
    Please PM me if you want me to add you as I need to make room for forum members.

Post Count
    Well said Great Wall.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Great_wall2 View Post
    SNIP
    Now, I'm not going to say that I never made any mistakes in my job. I certainly did. Anyone who says they did a perfect job all the time is trying to sell you something. If I had a week to wrap up loose ends before I left there are a number of things I'd consider a huge priority because they had unfortunately been left on the wayside for one reason or another.

That said. there were all kinds of things I wanted to tell all of you that I couldn't. There were dozens of times that I had information to share that I just wasn't allowed to. No, this isn't a sob story. I don't want pity. I just want to give you a reasonable expectation for the future. Unless some things majorly change at GREE you aren't going to suddenly get a ton of updates on game mechanics and intent.

Banned
    Post Count
    Since you're no longer a GREE employee, can you tell us those things you weren't allowed to tell us?

Banned
    Post Count
    I will stand by my statement.

He did a bad job being the liason between GREE and the players.
    He certainly didn't answer any of the questions I asked.

Struggled to communicate to any post I ever saw to resolve issues.

He was quick to ban posters he didn;'t like or posts he wanted to silence.

I cant control; what the company wanted him to do, nor can any of us ever know... its just my opinion.