The art of punishment - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The art of punishment

Post Count
    Before I can give my honest opinion, I need to know the facts. I did read in another thread that he used a "glitch" to his advantage by attacking players that had previously attacked him (right now I don't see how that is a problem. Don't all of us counter attack when we get hit?). But now I'm reading that he's still using the glitch to his advantage...is this the case?

Too many opinions, and not enough true facts for me to respond yet. Who has the accurate chain of events?

Post Count
    @ jp. Lol it reminds me of a championship wrestling match my son was in. He told his opponent, while in a hold where the guy was on his back with one shoulder off the mat, that if he didn't submit he would break his arm. The opponent immediately lied down. In the stands we had no idea why the opponent went limp. I found out weeks later. Being who I am I thought it was awful but I must admit it worked! My son is now an FBI agent!
    Founding Member of the First Annual So Cal Forum Bash

"Destiny has 2 ways of crushing us...by refusing our wishes...and by fulfilling them."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    Swift kick to the nuts. Which I might add, if youve ever tried to kick someone in the nuts or someone has tried to kick you in the nuts... Not soo easy. That's a mans fastest reflex is protecting their junk.
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I've been following all of this for the past couple of days, including being able to read the entire apology thread before its creator deleted it. I just have one question, though. The answer was implied in a spot or two, but not directly stated. And, I think it's important to make it clear.

Multiple people have reported all the game facts about this player to Gree, haven't they?

If he was/is indeed cheating, he should be banned from playing his game. I know Gree can take seemingly forever to investigate cheats, but they will do it. The more people who've seen the evidence that report it, the better.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfproclaimed View Post
    Swift kick to the nuts. Which I might add, if youve ever tried to kick someone in the nuts or someone has tried to kick you in the nuts... Not soo easy. That's a mans fastest reflex is protecting their junk.
    In Jujitsu, some of the beginning lessons are taught in the "Horse Stance" which leaves your package completely open to attack. You learn very quickly how to protect your most vulnerable area when it is the most exposed!
    MW Id# 431573053
    KA Id # 119 000 220
    CC Id # 255 906 205

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Sugar, it's not that he exploited a glitch, the glitch as it turns out was not the most relevant thing. He got into the mw3 beta, but he was not invited. He was given a link by someone else, and I believe he was aware of the glitch at this time, and was why he wanted to do this( this part is my personal theory based on feedback from ones who had closer knowledge) in mw3 you are supposed to get concrete and give it to the leader, when you got concrete, you also through a glitch got these migs. If you give the concrete to the leader as you should, the migs go away again. He did not give the concrete, so that he could keep the migs. It was his plan to use this to attack players in our game for revenge. He began to do this, and one of the pirates who had been boycotting got tired of this, especially from one of our fellow forum members. At this time we noticed the migs in his inventory and realized something was wrong. We investigated what that was. We also found that he discussed his intentions with others, who attempted to convince him not to do it. He ignored all the advice anyway, and found out that even with those migs, he was no match for what he was up against, he then tried to enlist many here to help him get out of the situation he had placed himself in, without giving them the details of his actions, and in some cases outright lying to them. As support for him disappeared once more found out the truth, he finally figured an apology was his only course left. He began a thread to do this, but instead of a true apology, he continued to give reasons and excuses for his actions. His support dropped fast there, and he did not like the reactions he was getting, and did not want others to see it, so he deleted the thread. During this time he also went back to mw3 and got more migs. Gree had removed the earlier batch. Gree has now been informed of further violation. They are mostly closed u til Monday, so we may not see action on their part until then. Several good people here tried to help him along the way, and tried to advise him how best to remedy it once it was done. He has ignored all of it.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Stay on topic pls. To a certain extend this is a trial. So lets structure this conformingly.
    The facts have been spelled out more than enough, partly by himself.
    We have determined the existence of the offense itself and the classification thereof.
    Remains the punishment. It seems we are ready for a verdict on punishment. So lets make one. No more words on his defense nor words how bad his actions are, i want a clear verdict on this one and see if we can uphold/enforce such judgement.
    speed has started to formulate one but i think we can do even better, more precise, clear wordings, clear timeframe etc. With so many lawyers and even judges i want to see our best verdict! Again, make it as realistic and rightious possible as i for one wish to uphold it to the letter!
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Post Count
    He crossed more lines than I can count, and added insult to injury by bragging about it, then lying to try to cover his own behind when it all blew up in his face.

In case I haven't been crystal clear yet, he is no friend of mine.
    MW Id# 431573053
    KA Id # 119 000 220
    CC Id # 255 906 205

Post Count
    Sorry Ferr, I went off-topic on your thread. My services are yours if I can do anything to help.
    MW Id# 431573053
    KA Id # 119 000 220
    CC Id # 255 906 205

Banned
    Post Count
    Sadly i still see him as a friend and i see he has some good in him.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

But truth is more important an no other verdict can be reached.

Guilty.
    Last edited by Poopenshire; 11-23-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spacing and formatting are not working

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MadManDK View Post
    Ferr, did you buy Gold ;-)
    Never again

Banned
    Post Count
    That's a great story.
    I'm sure he no longer does that at the bureau, but it works.
    Some years ago, as a young platoon leader in 'Nam, I was asked by my CO; why don't you guys ever bring back prisoners?
    I said, don't know sir, guess we never give them a chance to surrender.
    Truth is, we knew prisoners are more trouble than they are worth to a ranger unit.
    Unless our ops plan directed us to take a prisoner, we never took prisoners.
    Besides in those days, commanders wanted high body counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vballmadam View Post
    @ jp. Lol it reminds me of a championship wrestling match my son was in. He told his opponent, while in a hold where the guy was on his back with one shoulder off the mat, that if he didn't submit he would break his arm. The opponent immediately lied down. In the stands we had no idea why the opponent went limp. I found out weeks later. Being who I am I thought it was awful but I must admit it worked! My son is now an FBI agent!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jp lfs View Post
    He crossed more lines than I can count, and added insult to injury by bragging about it, then lying to try to cover his own behind when it all blew up in his face.

In case I haven't been crystal clear yet, he is no friend of mine.
    Yes, you nailed it, except AFTER the ill gotten items were removed, he then stole 12 more of the same item.

Next he began a campaign to entice others to attack players that had outed his scheme.

Then, in an effort to cover his tracks, he lowered his ally count; while building his forces.

He then attacked the same innocent player, and denied doing it.

I have seen, and am in possession of the screenshots of his subsequent attacks.

A few of us began retaliating his actions, as he ramped up his efforts to get others to attack us.

In fact, Ferr, he even claimed that he could get you to attack us.

I replied that such a thing would never happen, as we retain mutual respect for each other.

He also doesn't know about our OTHER endeavor.

Sorry, I digress.

I think we've presented the facts, and as afar as I'm concerned, he's guilty.

He's guilty of his original crime, and in the vein of other tyrants, he's guilty of using time and peace overtures to repeat his misdeeds.

I say we should all attack this little varmint into perpetuity, and shun him for all eternity.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post
    That's a great story.
    I'm sure he no longer does that at the bureau, but it works.
    Some years ago, as a young platoon leader in 'Nam, I was asked by my CO; why don't you guys ever bring back prisoners?
    I said, don't know sir, guess we never give them a chance to surrender.
    Truth is, we knew prisoners are more trouble than they are worth to a ranger unit.
    Unless our ops plan directed us to take a prisoner, we never took prisoners.
    Besides in those days, commanders wanted high body counts.
    Lol. Pj cut this bs. We cant kill the guy. Give me a draft verdict or move to another threat!!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Errr thread