The art of punishment

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The art of punishment

Prominent Poet
    Post Count

The art of punishment

One makes a terrible offence in the eyes of 99% of the mw forum. What to do?
    Let us assume the offence belongs to the worst category of offenses. So what is the worst kind of punishment that can be given? Forget about Gree, let us focus on ourselves.
    Your thoughts please.
    Please be realistic and consider gree rules before bragging on terrible actions
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Post Count
    I never really got into or followed what all happened with what you're getting at, But if the said person has apologized and tried to make it up, then do what Jesus says to do and forgive 70x7 And there's my preach for the week! lol
    MW id# 505 620 871 send pm so I know who you are.
    KA id# 166 536 892 send pm ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Post Count
    @ Overkill. Agreed but You only forgive if they turn from their old ways and become new. Until then, in this game, i would delete them!
    Founding Member of the First Annual So Cal Forum Bash

"Destiny has 2 ways of crushing us...by refusing our wishes...and by fulfilling them."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Banned
    Post Count
    Ferr, I'll email you with the real story.
    What is being said, isn't the real story.
    As is the case with miscreants and liars, they rarely stop, offer false apologies, and continue doing the things that started their dilemma.
    On second thought, I just laid out the facts for you.
    Look at history's tyrants and evil doers.
    They grew because the world gave them extra chances to grow stronger, because we don't wsh to believe others to be THAT evil.
    The little weasel is still stealing, making threats, and planning a counter attack.
    Our alliance has no ill will against you, as we've found you to be a honorable man.
    Please, please, please allow us to teach to some what they should already know as adults on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    One makes a terrible offence in the eyes of 99% of the mw forum. What to do?
    Let us assume the offence belongs to the worst category of offenses. So what is the worst kind of punishment that can be given? Forget about Gree, let us focus on ourselves.
    Your thoughts please.
    Please be realistic and consider gree rules before bragging on terrible actions

Banned
    Post Count

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    This player also deleted his whole apology thread when he could not control the direction, reactions, and responses he was getting. The so called apology was to try to avoid any consequences, not heartfelt for misdeeds that had been done. Instead we heard excuses why what he did was ok to do. As far as he is concerned, he was justified in all he did, and sees no wrong in any of it.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Lol. I like it hero.

Post Count
    Cheating then apologizing by blaming bullies that made him do it? Joaqim's got the right idea. Once a cheater always a cheater. You can't forgive something like that without serious contributions to the community.

I respect beta testers that can find glitches, test them, report to Gree and expect the items acquired to be taken. Those that use or exploit glitches for personal gain have no honor or standing in a support community.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    He is now posting on RN walls looking for their support and adding them allies.

Post Count
    Ferr, did you buy Gold ;-)

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    As far as what to do here in the forums, I believe the best thing for now is to shun him and ignore any posts as if they don't exist. He would become a non person within the community. As far as in the game, knowing the full story now, and seeing that he has continued on the same path, I don't understand why his game has not been banned. Since that's not within our control, I believe other methods have been taken, and those are beyond the forums control also. At this time, I could not be a proponent of any action that would include giving and opportunity to return to grace, as a propensity to show a complete disregard for our thoughts, and any ethical standing has been shown. I cannot agree to a plan that Leeds to forgiveness for someone who has shown no remorse, and continues up to this very time along the same path that led him to his dilemma. I have no wish to beat him, or behead him. I just want to move on from lies and negative thoughts, to subjects of greater interest and importance.

Post Count
    I think that if you are in a position to truly punish an evildoer of any kind, you should do so. And make an example of them. The punishment should be severe enough to not only make them sorry, but to scare any others away from repeating their actions.

Extreme, severe, intimidatingly violent response. That is my feeling.

Leave forgiveness to the Lord. I'm a believer in vengeance.
    MW Id# 431573053
    KA Id # 119 000 220
    CC Id # 255 906 205

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Jp, you remind me of pj. You're right, god can forgive them.

Post Count
    I can see the other side of the argument, I just don't agree with it.

For example, I was a small kid when my parents moved and put me in a new school my freshman year. I was bullied mercilessly all year. So I worked out and studied martial arts. I shot up six inches over the summer, and when school started the next year, the bullies were back. I didn't wait. The first time I was approached, I grabbed the guy, slammed his head into my locker, then slammed the locker on him a few times. I leaned down and whispered some pretty evil stuff in his ear, kicked him in the buttocks, and walked away. The halls were silent, the teachers never said a word, and I was never bullied again by anyone.

Diplomacy is a good strategy. But sometimes a massive show of force is more effective.
    MW Id# 431573053
    KA Id # 119 000 220
    CC Id # 255 906 205

Banned
    Post Count
    Now this person GETS it.

You, sir, would make an excellent ally; if not a true pirate.

Let me just say, that this miscreant is begging us to give him his game back, while recruiting another alliance to intervene on his behalf.

By the way, this miscreant has no understanding of the game's dynamics, insofar as gold armies are concerned.

When I add my full ally component, I'm at almost 500,000 attack, and I have no boost (or other buildings) on my base.

I rarely have any money, unless its deposited by dummies and suicide bombers seeking BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp lfs View Post
    I think that if you are in a position to truly punish an evildoer of any kind, you should do so. And make an example of them. The punishment should be severe enough to not only make them sorry, but to scare any others away from repeating their actions.

Extreme, severe, intimidatingly violent response. That is my feeling.

Leave forgiveness to the Lord. I'm a believer in vengeance.