What's the status of your boycott?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the status of your boycott?

Post Count

What's the status of your boycott?

So over the past few weeks many of you have made threads declaring various ways in which you are participating in the boycott. For example, PJ declared he will not "play" any of Gree's games until all gold units are 66% off and the no-casualty glitch is fixed etc. Others announced no attacks or raids until the boycott has ended. Still others declared they will not purchase new gold until the boycott ends.

Personally, I didnt officially join in or declare any particular actions I would undertake or refrain from undertaking in support of the boycott. This was in part because I do not believe that Gree, as a corporate entity, gives a rats about a small fraction of players on the forum (a shame no doubt). But let it be known that I am in support of what it stands for, visible boosts, unlocked leaderboards, etc.

I suspect that the actions many of you, noone in particular, declared in support of the boycott have gone the way of new years resolutions and have been broken already.

So, with Christmas, Hanakuh, Kwanza, etc. rapidly approaching, I am just curious, have you been a good little boycotter or girlcotter and stuck to the actions you vowed to undertake in support of the boycott, or have you been a naughty little boycotter or girlcotter?

Banned
    Post Count
    I am still not buying gold nor using Tapjoy. I am still 100% on target for my boycott.

Post Count
    Since the boycott started, I'm proud to say I've not wavered from my stance!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I haven't bought anymore gold for almost two months. Stuck by it pretty well I'd say
    MW LLP 603-240-326 Jeff C . . . MW HLP 863-201-685 Jeff

Post Count
    I joined the boycott for a week in support, which I followed through. Since then I've been using some of my gold to beat the last Boss, everything else I'm still doing. Not sure for how long I'll keep the rest up, but things do have to change for me to ever buy gold.

Post Count
    I announced my participation in the original 1 week boycott. I agreed to only collect my buildings and said I wouldn't attack, raid, do any missions or participate in the events for that period. I did not do any of the above actions. After the 1 week was up, I still didn't do anything until the boss event.

I haven't purchased gold, but did use 140 gold for the boss event.

Post Count
    My vow was to not buy gold and I have not. I play for free now. There was no need for me to officially boycott PVP as i am in camping mode.

Post Count
    I have not been doing PvP because of the increased loss rates so I'm pretty much in camping mode as well. Will not buy gold either.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    I have followed through by not attacking or raiding anyone and by not buying gold. I hope we can get resolve because I sure would like to partake in a 40% off sale!
    Founding Member of the First Annual So Cal Forum Bash

"Destiny has 2 ways of crushing us...by refusing our wishes...and by fulfilling them."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Post Count
    Have not attacked or pved or bougt gold. Only done a little tapjoy.
    Modern War
    Level 41
    827 432 930

Kingdom age
    Level 23
    871 461 927

Crime city
    level 33
    640 985 030

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Sounds like we have many here who have continued to follow through. I have remained out of things for the time being myself. I have seen a few who have said they were boycotting, but obviously have spent some gold, though maybe not nearly what they did in the past. Even this effort amounts to something. I do agree with albeezy about whether or not gree cares. No one has seen any signs that they do up to this point. These things do take time, and there's further efforts being implemented along the way. Things may be quiet, but I do believe we have made, and continue to make a difference.

Post Count
    Spending gold vs buying gold is different. I did buy a plane with gold I had on hand. My boycott did not include gold on hand.
    Founding Member of the First Annual So Cal Forum Bash

"Destiny has 2 ways of crushing us...by refusing our wishes...and by fulfilling them."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Banned
    Post Count
    Sticking to the boycott. Haven't even spent a brick of gold on hand.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Sounds like we have many here who have continued to follow through. I have remained out of things for the time being myself. I have seen a few who have said they were boycotting, but obviously have spent some gold, though maybe not nearly what they did in the past. Even this effort amounts to something. I do agree with albeezy about whether or not gree cares. No one has seen any signs that they do up to this point. These things do take time, and there's further efforts being implemented along the way. Things may be quiet, but I do believe we have made, and continue to make a difference.
    Hey speed ump, just curious, is the boycott in effect PUN-wide or are members free to do their own thing?

Post Count
    I haven't purchased gold in two months. After the whole Fusion APC debacle, my "need" has disappeared.