Food Crate Box Event - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Food Crate Box Event

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The1nONLY View Post
    This is why you gotta use and abuse the glitch to open 2 for the prize of 1 and or rarely you can open 3 for the prize of 1 just needs good timing.

It's not glitch man :P , the gold will not be used while opening these boxes until last which will be the orginal one , it's some sort of visual bug I guess

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstrol View Post
    It's not glitch man :P , the gold will not be used while opening these boxes until last which will be the orginal one , it's some sort of visual bug I guess
    Well I dunno what it is but I do get 2 item prizes sometimes or 1 sorry and 1 items with 2 opens
    The1nONLY
    WORLD 2

The Corporation

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssne View Post
    For the first time I think I'll sit this one out. I usually do for the MW auctions but over there the five and ten prizes are essentially commons. Here in the past they've been good enough to at least play the event...and last time had the very welcome addition of the possible rare dragon upon box opening. This event looks pretty terrible relative to the others.
    same here. anyone with dragons has to look at the time/gold invested to get to the 20 item unit, the only one that has either stat above a dragon.

for me, I've only hit 20 twice or three times, and with the holidays this week, I doubt I'll have time to open boxes consistently, so there's no reason to invest in gold opens for this event.

sad, really, since usually at least the 15 item unit is beneficial to top players, making it worthwhile to pursue.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfg12345 View Post
    just use free opens.
    Exactly! At 2475 gold per middle option open, I can buy one dragon for what I would have spent on 5.25 opens. Even if I did 15 opens, and got the fruit basket on each one (like that would really happen), I would have paid 37125 gold for a unit with lessor stats than a 13000 dragon...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazi View Post
    Exactly! At 2475 gold per middle option open, I can buy one dragon for what I would have spent on 5.25 opens. Even if I did 15 opens, and got the fruit basket on each one (like that would really happen), I would have paid 37125 gold for a unit with lessor stats than a 13000 dragon...
    When you are playing the box event, you are not exactly looking for value.

An indestructible unit with stats better than a dragon is far more valuable even if it costs multiple times the cost of a single dragon. These units usually costs gems which is why I wouldn't bat an eyelid using a high cost of gold (free currency) to acquire them.

You can always earn back gold via raids/IPH collection etc but you can never get the chance to add that indestructible unit to your army.

After a while, dragons are dime-a-dozen and you look for every single opportunity to improve your army.
    Monster Quest: Level 118 #106782356
    Stats: 295k/265k A/D // 1503 monsters army // >1300 Rares // 22k IPH

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobtuse View Post
    When you are playing the box event, you are not exactly looking for value.

An indestructible unit with stats better than a dragon is far more valuable even if it costs multiple times the cost of a single dragon. These units usually costs gems which is why I wouldn't bat an eyelid using a high cost of gold (free currency) to acquire them.

You can always earn back gold via raids/IPH collection etc but you can never get the chance to add that indestructible unit to your army.

After a while, dragons are dime-a-dozen and you look for every single opportunity to improve your army.
    I agree, but in my example the key is that the 15 box unit (which is about as high as one can typically get without spending gems or overtime) has lessor stats than a dragon. Even if I received the 15 box prize, it would not be used in my army, so why spend lots of gold to get it?

The point here is that with this particular box event, the prize units have such poor stats that trying really hard to get the units is unappealing to players with access to high stat gold units. If one had a good chance to get a prize unit with decent stats without spending gems, more free players would be excited about this event.

Post Count
    @bazi: the #15 unit this time is weaker than a Dragon this time because they have yet to apply the new stats to all the box units for the Food Crate event.
    Monster Quest: Level 118 #106782356
    Stats: 295k/265k A/D // 1503 monsters army // >1300 Rares // 22k IPH

Post Count
    I just had some strawberries, an apple, some blueberries a tangelo and a mango! Oh, it was so so good! Great to know you get what you pay for. Hope you all satisfied with your fruit crate purchases? Enjoy!

Consistent Contributor Black Knight's Avatar
    Post Count
    OK, I'm done with this one. Final tally:

1 crate found, 1 opened, 500 honour.

Struggled to stay awake with this one.

Post Count
    I don't know why I didn't just half-commit to this from the get go. Whenever my alert shows a crate available, I decided to just use Free option. And, just earned my 5 basket unit. Heh, I hope they boost it.
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Post Count
    done with this ...6 crates first day than another 4 in 3 more days thats just ridiculous ... since i bought gems my box events are really bad...maybe because im not using gems to open boxes?
    Kingdom Age 238-864-928 P3rfUZZI3

AT MY SIGNAL UNLEASH HELL !!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfuzzie View Post
    done with this ...6 crates first day than another 4 in 3 more days thats just ridiculous ... since i bought gems my box events are really bad...maybe because im not using gems to open boxes?
    I recall proprioc3ption talking about how rigged the event is if you have gems in your account and don't use them. It's like there is a trip that won't allow you to open a box successfully where you receive the desired trinket. Instead you get gold or honour or even the usual, SORRY. I think he said it happened after the first two days in each event and has happened consistently over the last four box events so sounds pretty legit.

This event is a waste of time in my books.
    Last edited by IN3RTI@; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Post Count
    i got stuck at 9 for almost a day now...
    KA - Officially Retired
    Former FUN member for 9 wars & 12th times in a row Conquest of Kings World Champions..!!!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I just ran some modeling based on the limited data I've had.

If you have access to a graphing calculator and a clue these are the best equations I've been able to come up with.

Chance [probability] (y) of opening box to find item vs # of items (x) you currently have has a line of best fit that looks like y = 0.75 - x/30. This line then has a minimum, capped, around x=20 which I describe with the line y=.1 for x>=20.

Time spent [or # of attempts] (y) vs items (x) you currently have is an exponential best fit line described by y = (x^2)/12.

I used a data set of about 200 points of my own data and three of my friends over the last few events and then used linear regression with the method of least squares (and truncated the decimals as we only care about integers anyway),if anyone is interested. The exponential one I just asked my calculator to solve because I didn't want to do that icky integral.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 11-20-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit12 View Post
    i got stuck at 9 for almost a day now...
    The same s.. here. Stuck on 9 for more than 20 tries... Almost no honour / money, only "sorry", got my 12 in a row 10 minutes ago. Unbelievable...
    I don`t really need this item, as I gor dragons.... Not full army, but anyway.... But this is just a matter of principle to get the 10-th., but I`m not sure I will