Food Crate Box Event - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Food Crate Box Event

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud22 View Post
    I can't believe they lowered the stats for all the units, actually I can. And the top 50 bonus is terrible they had a top 250 prize a while ago with a 15% time reduction
    This is what I don't understand: I'm not a fan of Gree, but the forumites need to be more consistent with their complaining. When they boosted the unit stats, people complained that it widened the gap between gem spenders and free players. (Which I agree with.)

Now, however, they did NOT boost the unit stats from the auction events, which are predominately won by gem spenders, and people complain that it's not worth the money. You can't have it both ways. This is actually a step in the right direction: lessening the gap between free and heavy gem spenders.

While I understand that Gree needs to have differentiated products in order to earn a profit, the gap at the highest levels (ie where the auction event winners normally are) the gap is simply too large for anyone not named Bill Gates or a relative to ever want to be. The gap is simply too large (on the order of 50% to 100% better) rather than the 20% or so it really should be at.

Takeaway message: think about what you are complaining about, on the off chance you are heard.

Also, on the off chance that this post is heard: boost weapons and armor by the same amount, please. It's really criminal what you did with that, because the people it hurts the most are the ones who've been playing the longest and spent a lot of time and effort purchasing those items differentiating their kingdoms, only to have you devalue that effort in one fell swoop on the order of 20-30% by failing to boost them.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 11-16-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: iPhone fails

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bfdill View Post
    I have a stupid question. This event has been open for what, three hours now? It looks like the leader is at 18 already I'm a free player, but I watch the leader boards. How many gems does it take to get top 50? We're talking serious dollars right?

Let's take the 18.
    Assuming:
    The contest started three hours ago
    They got all those boxes w/o refilling their energy
    Each time they open a box they are successful
    ---
    We'll give them 3 'free' opens (one per hour), meaning they needed to pay to reduce the hourly timer 15 times. I believe that's 20 gems a pop. That's 300 gems assuming he's able to get items using freebie or coins. Realistically, he's having to use gems to open boxes too. Another 20 a pop? That's 600 gems.

I know you can 'earn' gems, but this guy is already at 600 gems for 18... 650 costs $50. I know when the dust settles there will be people over 100.

Here's the question. Are people really spending that much money playing this game? I was close once to the top 50, but didn't pay for gems because they seem like a ripoff. Opening a box could have yielded coins leading to buying more gems, etc... Has this guy paid upwards of $50 already towards this event??
    The short answer is yes.

The longer answer. Based on past auction events, the top 50 was around 60 items. (Be thankful this isn't MW). I calculated that, based on about 75 free opens, combined with gem spending, you could conceivably make the top 50 in that event for the low low price of around $400-$500US.

Now, this event is different, because a lot of people have been waiting for a while for a boost like this: upgrade time reduction. I expect this one to have top 50 around the 75 items mark, as some previously light gem spenders will discover what lower percentages every item open really mean.

Now, disclaimer: I am not a heavy gem spender nor have I ever made the top50 (got reallllllllly lucky once and made #247 by not sleeping for three days, mainly because of my newborn child). Therefore, this information was based primarily on hearsay and incomplete data collection due to frozen leader boards: YMMV.
    Last edited by Shinazueli; 11-16-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Post Count
    Food Crates LoL!! Who ever though of this event? So amateur think they out of ideas plus the stats suck for top 50.

Post Count
    I think we can safely assume that the units bonus won't actually work anyway! So why bother? I'm completely sitting this one out...not even going to pick up one box let alone open anything. No point even wasting in-game cash on this event. Good luck to those participating, hope you all get the good stuff cheaply.

Consistent Contributor bobfishcake's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm out as well. The second unit is less powerful than a hydra so I would have to get to 15 to get a very small benefit.

I just makes more sense to keep my gold.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    im not going to participate aswell. I would rather save up my gold to increase my attack points for the next boss event and/or to increase my IPH.

Post Count
    I'm 0 for 3 at 9700 gold spent already.

The person who mentioned it above; I'd need to score at least 10 to have the unit with me for a couple more days since I'm on to a full Hydra army. Then comes the lack of the just-open-to-earn-unit (the Tempus Serpent) which gives me no incentive to keep opening.

I'm out and done with this one as well.
    Knights & Dragons
    My Code: XBB - HBY - YPD
    Level 101

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Anyone else having significantly worse luck opening boxes? I didn't get an open (gold option) until try #7 or 8 (two accounts). Thinking about sitting this one out as well...
    246-062-133

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Willis III View Post
    Anyone else having significantly worse luck opening boxes? I didn't get an open (gold option) until try #7 or 8 (two accounts). Thinking about sitting this one out as well...
    Yeah I'm like 1 for 6 or 7 with gold opens.

Post Count
    I am at 4 from 4 and made top 50 3 times... first time ever on the board . hoping to add more soon , just cracked open a 4000 and 150 Honour , so not to bad ...YET ??

Post Count
    top 50 unit is just freaking waste of money

Post Count
    From the looks of the leaderboard, seems everyone's boycotting this event, hahaha! Well, the big spenders anyway.
    I think everyone's over pumping cash into this event and never getting what they pay for.

Bite the bullet Gree and make the Gem use in this event a garruntteed open of the box that give you the vile or item of the event. You'll still make a killing.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    did anyone noticed the stats of the rewards are extremely low?
    i am on Level 45 and the first 2 reward stats are lower then units i can buy with gold....
    it looks like GREE is working very hard to make us use Gems on the boss event's...
    anyone - due to the poor rewards, i decided i will not participate in this event...

Post Count
    Hmmm I see JOHNSKI on the leaderboard.

Post Count
    I was disappointed that so far this box event does not contain the random good prize. I liked that addition to the last box event. Without that..... really agree prizes arent worth it. I will probably open the boxes I have and then not worry about the event from there.