The writing is on the wall(s), literally

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The writing is on the wall(s), literally

Banned
    Post Count

The writing is on the wall(s), literally

I was perusing my mafia members' walls and was tickled to see some of the big spenders/high stat players in the game talking about being done buying gold. The recurring theme was mixed between the abysmal job that the developers and support do at fixing issues with prizes that people paid substantial money to win, and also just the general retard-idity of the newer events. The bait and switch on getting to the boss and realizing the '1 boss', in fact, required 10 hits, was a prime example. Lack of a top 250 leader board another shining example of their ineptitude (whether it was calculated or not, i dont care, they are still inept). Final piece of the puzzle was the bullets not dropping for over a day from PvP and being extremely sparse from PvE to the point that efforts to accumulate them were futile.
    I hope these big spenders stay true to what they are claiming. Gree has got its head up its own arse and are easily the worst company i have ever dealt with on a personal level. So, hats off to the greedy f-sticks who call the shots, i hope you lose your benefits because the company is going downhill. I only use that example because these idiots will need the financial repercussions to hit close to home for them change anything.
    Note: i know some of my points were not new and are pretty common knowledge. However, the handful of people posting in the last 24 hours that they are done spending was new, especially considering who these people are...
    I am done spending on this game, no ifs ands or buts...
    Id be curious to get feedback on how many other folks are 100% done spending and the underlying reason(s) why. Please share your feelings!

Banned
    Post Count
    I'm done also. That last event was garbage.. Keep killing thugs and accumulate junk like the deviant coat but nothing else, no Top 250 leader board as you said, cheaters running rampant, the list goes on and on.

Here's the worst part:

I understand that software development takes time and costs money, so some of those game issues are POSSIBLY understandable. What is not excusable is CCM's forum habit of setting expectations and not living up to them: the item for the android survey people, the NYC item, the Skype call item, the PM's that go unanswered, the constant nuisance of people who get banned from here and keep coming back (yes, vaJJ, I'm talking about you) and the offensive posts by the aforementioned that go unaddressed, even though the forum's "report this post" feature has been used.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It strikes me, that the disenchantment in MW is seeping into the other games. I started looking on the app store for alternatives.

The big test however, will be if Gree do a 40% off sale. Then we will see what happens. For my part, I have stopped buying gold in MW and am just camping out. Haven't done the last nuclear drop thing.

Haven't decided what to do in the other games yet, but am becoming more and more disillusioned. Unless there is a radical change of direction, I suspect Gree will be getting their income from new players.

Banned
    Post Count
    It never ceases to amaze me how little Gree seems to care. They seem to go against everything we seem to ask them for.We should start a list, but from quick recollection I'll list a few that never got answered:
    499 problem
    Defense Building problem
    Cheaters/hackers
    Events style
    M4A1/DD Bus
    Spend Gold confirmation button
    Skills points effect (I know we have our theories)

What else?

To stay on-topic: I haven't spent much on this game, have really enjoyed it, but agree that to spend any more would be foolish at this point.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post
    I'm done also. That last event was garbage.. Keep killing thugs and accumulate junk like the deviant coat but nothing else, no Top 250 leader board as you said, cheaters running rampant, the list goes on and on.

Here's the worst part:

I understand that software development takes time and costs money, so some of those game issues are POSSIBLY understandable. What is not excusable is CCM's forum habit of setting expectations and not living up to them: the item for the android survey people, the NYC item, the Skype call item, the PM's that go unanswered, the constant nuisance of people who get banned from here and keep coming back (yes, vaJJ, I'm talking about you) and the offensive posts by the aforementioned that go unaddressed, even though the forum's "report this post" feature has been used.

CCM appears to be all about MW now! Looking at his posting history it's been all MW the past week!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post

Here's the worst part:

Almost forgot the cheaters running wild. While weve got some very informed tech savvy forum members stating that it would be relatively easy to flag these cheaters and stop them.
    Yeah, the offensive trolling is classic too. I was banned in game for calling someone a homosexual...ok, maybe not the best thing to say but they jumped on me and banned me within an hour of stating this on someone else's wall (mind you i was clearly provoked) and then the repeat offenders on here get, at most, a slap on the wrist. Just an inexcusable degree of inconsistency at work here. Lets permanently ban AMG but idiots like joekeem/santa can say ridiculous things and cuss people out beyond belief and they are back a few days later...

I still maintain that if someone on here had the resources to open this door...this company could be brought to its knees by a class action lawsuit...one can dream...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Im done as well. I agree with all the reasons above, but I would also like to add the fact there were 2 awards for top25/250 for both time completed and kills. Talk about leading people on... Would of been nice to know that their were 2 different items rather than to let us assume the item shown was for amount of kills. Only to kill the boss and find that another item is being offered for the top 25/250 in kills. Pathetic! Sure 2 prizes are better than 1, but common is it that hard to put in writing so we are aware?

Banned
    Post Count
    I still enjoy the game, to be fair, but id be a fool to spend any more. Morally i cannot reward the company in light of their indiscretions and general inability to conduct themselves in a manner that is the slightest bit professional.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    Almost forgot the cheaters running wild. While weve got some very informed tech savvy forum members stating that it would be relatively easy to flag these cheaters and stop them.
    Yeah, the offensive trolling is classic too. I was banned in game for calling someone a homosexual...ok, maybe not the best thing to say but they jumped on me and banned me within an hour of stating this on someone else's wall (mind you i was clearly provoked) and then the repeat offenders on here get, at most, a slap on the wrist. Just an inexcusable degree of inconsistency at work here. Lets permanently ban AMG but idiots like joekeem/santa can say ridiculous things and cuss people out beyond belief and they are back a few days later...

I still maintain that if someone on here had the resources to open this door...this company could be brought to its knees by a class action lawsuit...one can dream...

I reported a cheater 2 weeks ago. Had exclusive items to both android and apple events. I know he has spent $$ on the game and has not been banned!

Also contacted support about a player whom received the Top 10 item for PVP event and gloated on others walls he had gotten it due to an "agreement" with gree! Just so happens I had a screen shot of this players stats the day before the event started and they finished the event with approx 8K wins. Almost half the 15K that many were told that was needed. Support used their typical lines in their responses!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    I still enjoy the game, to be fair, but id be a fool to spend any more. Morally i cannot reward the company in light of their indiscretions and general inability to conduct themselves in a manner that is the slightest bit professional.
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    CCM is focused on the MW forum, because their gold boycott is apparently working. Looks like we have a roadmap here. Indians, will you get on board?
    Geo. 250

Banned
    Post Count
    Deluxe, good post, but I'm calling BS on the people that claim they are done buying gold. I've heard that story before, yet the top 25 leaderboard reaches new highs each time.

Canoehead - No, Indians will not get on board.

Banned
    Post Count
    There are so many reasons to not buy gold that I'm not even going to list one. I feel a little bit silly that I did in the past, however, I'm not going to regret it. I started as a free player, the game saw a brief period where it appeared to be improving so I felt like I was making a (small) contribution to that, and once it became obvious that the "improvements" were mostly polish to sell off the company to Gree, I no longer saw any reason to spend. My $100 here or there isnt worth a squirt of piss in the Pacific to a $200 million dollar organization. I'm better off keeping it.

Edit: Oh yes, and then there's the whole "how this company conducts itself" issue. I think we all know where I stand on that, so that's all I'm going to say for now.
    Last edited by dudeman; 11-12-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    Deluxe, good post, but I'm calling BS on the people that claim they are done buying gold. I've heard that story before, yet the top 25 leaderboard reaches new highs each time.

True, but 75%+ of the leaderboard are the same people over and over again!

I would normally agree 100% that it is BS, but I have heard it more this past week from people than ever before. It seems with the latest event CC has hit a new low

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post

Before you make those claims, go have a look at the MWleaderboard! 160 to get the top prize? It is normally closer to 1000. And the boycott has reduced their take. Don't think it will have an effect long-term though.

Also, I thought you were CK? You now speak for the Indians as well?