Terrible losses...what did you do (again) Gree ??

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible losses...what did you do (again) Gree ??

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Thumbs down Terrible losses...what did you do (again) Gree ??

This is just insane, I attacked someone with 192 units which usually does not cause any losses. Now just one single attack, and I lost a rapid fire vehicle, one comanche helicopter and a heavy artillery all in one shot !
    This is highly discouraging and totally irreal ! Thank you Gree for ruining this game even further !

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    This is just insane, I attacked someone with 192 units which usually does not cause any losses. Now just one single attack, and I lost a rapid fire vehicle, one comanche helicopter and a heavy artillery all in one shot !
    This is highly discouraging and totally irreal ! Thank you Gree for ruining this game even further !
    I think there are a few factors at play here:

1. In any battle, I think it is a spin of the dice. If you are the superior army the odds are weighed heavily in your favour of a good outcome. But every now and then a bad number comes up and you lose. It mimiks the real world. Throughout history there have been stories of armies massively out numbered pulling off incredible victories -- the battle of Agincourt is example. These accounts go down in infamy, but the reality is the vast majority of times the superior army wins, but not always. Similarly the odd time in MW the same thing happens.
    2. Though comparing stats you may seem superior, the numbers you are seeing are not always what they seem to be. For example, if your opponent has buildings that boost his stats, like the composite factor or air and naval boosts. These increased stats are not included in the numbers you see. So what you see is not always accurate. You need to study the players base to see if his numbers are boosted.
    3. The guy may be putting all the skill points he earns to defence (these are the points you get to designate everytime you level up). This can have a profound affect on his ability to defend. These are again invisible and I think this is probably the most underestimated component in battle.
    4. Does he have defense buildings. Though most people discount the impact of defense buildings, I don't. From my own personal experience, particularly in raids, I avoid buildings guarded by Defense buildings -- I have found even if I win, I invariably lose units. If I raid a building without defensive building covering it, I can win without unit loss. I find during raids, defensive buildings don't increase the defense surrounding the building, but increase the chance of losses for the opposing player. I use lots of defensive buildings. I had one guy raid me once and I lost a lot of money, but interestingly though he won, he never attacked again. That tells me, his unit losses were high. I even wonder sometimes if defensive buildings also increase the chances of losses during attacks.

Banned
    Post Count
    Mad, the OP is talking casualty rates not win loss. I know exactly what the OP means. CC has something simikar with explosives consumption. Things are a mess.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    My explanation from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Товарищ View Post
    It has been officially stated that the target's A/D stats don't affect the casualty rate.
    I don't know if anything else with the target affects casualty rates, I'm guessing the system is simple enough to not. So all attacks are equal.

If I understand correctly, the "consumption rate" is a probability to die each "use".
    0.015 means 1.5% to die, or 15 deaths in a 1000 attacks.
    So every attack there's a 1 - 0.015 = 0.985 = 98.5% chance that unit survives.
    If you have two of them, it's first 0.985 for the first to survive (not die), then another 0.985 for the second, so 0.985 * 0.985 = 0.985^2.
    For N such units the probability of losing NONE is 0.985^N.
    So the prob to lose ANY (1 to all) is 1 - 0.985^N, which for 10 becomes 14% and for 100 is 78%
    If you do M attacks the prob to lose NONE is (0.985^N)^M, likewise to lose ANY is 1 - (0.985^N)^M; so 5 attacks with 10 units is 53% to lose at least 1.

The conclusion is that the more unit's you "use" the higher the risk that any of them will die. Which is why I want to keep my allies down...!
    |Android|Level 73|662-896-691|IPH 947k (908k*)|Captain-2|Россия|iBOB|
    *Realistic IPH; not counting <1h buildings, 1h-75%, 3h-33%, 6h-25%, 8h+ 100%
    Strategy: Strictly free player! Camping - except during events!
    Event history: #1T:0 #2T:9 #3A:14 #4A:14 #5T:9 #6T:10! #7A:15 #8T:10! #9A:14 #10B:1R #11A:12 #12B:1R #13T:10! #14B:1R #15T:9 #16B:0R0C #17A:16 #18B:1U #19T:9 #20B:1R2U #21W:T1k #22B:2R3U #23A:21 #24B:3U #25W:T100 #26A:20 #27B:2R3U #28T:9 #29W:T100

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    Mad, the OP is talking casualty rates not win loss. I know exactly what the OP means. CC has something simikar with explosives consumption. Things are a mess.
    LOL well that is a wasted 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Post Count
    This has been broken since January.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramshutu View Post
    This has been broken since January.
    Not that much, I believe it got so bad about the same time when the gold players started to boycott Gree. One of their demands to Gree was to fix the casualty glitch...and I think Gree did it...THEIR WAY !

Banned
    Post Count
    The first time it got bad was Jan. Then again in Mar. I started lurking on the forums in Jan and the second time they upped the casualty rates in Mar I joined and startes posting. The casualty hes been screwy since day 1 but made worse severak times since.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Strange i read this just now as i Just started losing units at a rapid rate I never used to.
    Lost heavily unit wise before however not like i have over the last few days someone with 4000 + my readable stats would cause me to lose a few units. Now someone with 200+ or plus my stats or nearly equal to mine is making me lose 3 times more than I used to. The losses ive suffered over the last two days is deff differnt to how it was a few days back (even thou it's been messed up for a while)
    It makes no sense since I just upgraded my Composites factory from 6 to 7 just after upgrading that my unit lose is a lot worse.
    Also finished upgrading my genetics lab today,so I am baffled by the sudden heavier unit loss. All be it the game seems badly broken.
    Just seems strange that as soon as I upgraded my composites factory's my unit loss got way worse.
    Last edited by dads; 11-12-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Knocked down 7000 to 4000 in case someone thought I was exdurating.
    Bite the bullet.

Post Count
    Actually this has been broken since Funzio messed up the stats of the Stealth Frigate about a month after the game started. They suddenly realized that they had under priced the cost by about 100 valour. So they suddenly changed it's stats so it was weaker.

This created a furor (see a pattern here) so they boosted the stats back up but also raised it's cost. But some of us still had several hundred of these units from the old cost.

Suddenly our loss rates on valour units went through the roof and it never changed back. Basically even with 85,000+ attack and high skill points as a free player it is not economical to attack anyone over a certain defence stat.

My guess, the devs cranked up the loss rates to wipe out this advantage and never bothered to put it back because it was to their advantage. Hmmmmm
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 11-12-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have also noticed an increase in the death rates of those @#$%@#$ Rapid Fire Vehicles, so much so that I have suspended attacking players. I wanted to finish all 400 of the Force Degradation missions (I'm on the 388th one now). I don't hit anyone with over 18,000 defense stats (I'm at A58/D58 unboosted), but in the last week or so, I have been losing the RFV's one after another (and Commandos too, but that I would expect).

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    So the only solution is to stop attacking altogether... Man this game is going down the tubes. I attacked someone with only 600 units yesterday and lost an expert attack drone and a super hornet in one fight! Come on!! Fix it!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
    So the only solution is to stop attacking altogether... Man this game is going down the tubes. I attacked someone with only 600 units yesterday and lost an expert attack drone and a super hornet in one fight! Come on!! Fix it!!
    That is exactly what I was talking about, and it gets even worse. I attacked a player which had only 96 units yesterday and still my units ($ 300k and more of value) were dying like flies. That makes no sense at all ! They should rename the game in "Modern Peace" since this is what they are forcing us to do.

Verbose Veteran Ph4ntom Stranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    I feel where you guys are coming from too. I raided a rivals level 1 Genetics Lab (No defense buildings in sight, and he had 1/5 of my stats), and I lost 3 Bio Warfare Troops, 1 Explosives Expert, and 2 Commandos.... Really?? I only did it to get a few extra valour points & partly to test, but that is seriously pretty bad to lose six units to someone that is THAT much weaker than you. Sad state of affairs there.

Banned
    Post Count
    I have been postings examples of this for months. I lose >2000 valor in a single action many times. look back at some of my old posts and threads. I have been documenting this a long time. its not new and its just a money trap to get everyone to buy golden units.