To warn future addicts, how much gold do i spend on MW - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To warn future addicts, how much gold do i spend on MW

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by -JAY-THE-ROBBER- View Post
    Yes you are all idiots Wow. Did not realize it was that bad. Ahahahaha. What adicts you could have bought a beautifull car with that much $. Wow...... And to think 10,000 children per day die from hunger.... La honte.
    You have no idea but with such aggressive stand i wont enlighten you either. Be safe.
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Off for Reception. Be back at midnight!
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I think all of us probably have some addiction issues, LOL but my thinking is that money is relative.

A good friend of mine makes more in one year than I will make in the next 20. I am not jealous, but rather very proud of him as he has grown his company from his garage to a major company in my area. He touches so many lives and is one of the most generous people I know. If Ferr or others choose to spend some disposable income on a pastime, I applaud them and rather than being jealous am glad that they are able to do so.

We all need from time to time take a step back and evaluate our decisions and perhaps the boycott is doing that for many people. This is great for them but maybe not so good for Gree.

As a former competitive athlete, I like to win. The events, given I had resources, would want to win too. Those that are on the top are probably competitive by nature and the game probably exacerbates that.

These heavy gold spenders have allowed me to enjoy a game for little money and I thank you. PJ, Miner, Ferr, WP and so many others are quality people and in the end this is just a game, but the character of these people as you can easily deduce by reading their posts and the fellowship is what is valuable when this game is long gone.

If you stop buying gold, use the money for a trip to the US and everyone should get together which would be a blast.
    MW - THE PIRATES[TM]

Top 25 team - Think you have what it takes to be a pirate? PM me and let's talk

CoC - PUN PIRATES

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Ferr - I know of a good lawyer in Amsterdam if you need one......

.....oh, wait......

.....that would be.....erm...

Forget it!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    I re-married a beautiful woman recently
    congrats to you man have 'fun' with her why not get her on the game?

Mw:729 157 437

CC:392 186 465

MQ: 990 880 870

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Ferr, maybe you should have saved all that money you spent (perhaps you can ask some back (-; ) and have bought some shares of the company. At least you would have some say now as to where Funzio/Gree is headed...
    Cheers !

And I don't blame you since I know how addictive this game(s) can be...

Post Count
    Ferr, thank your very much for this frank, honest comment. I hope it will serve as a kind of warning for all of us and future players. What counts much more is your private real life - congratulations to that!

I know people who spent much more money on much crazier things, know that's small comfort for you.

As I know your wonderful country and met so many kind and open-minded people like you there, I will - for the first and last time in my life - support your Oranje football team on our match on Wednesday!

Only once in my life, only on Wednesday (not for the World Cup in 2014) and only for you, Ferr.
    Lv. 27 - 7kA/12kD - >120k iph - light gold and light time player - currently free player & supporting boycott
    MW: 733-702-119

"There are no hopeless situations, only hopeless people." (Heinz W. Guderian)

1963 - 2013. 50 Ans d'Amitié Franco-Allemande. - 50 Jahre Deutsch-Französische Freundschaft.

Post Count
    I re-married a beautiful woman recently
    I guess you got yourself a new hobby then, congrats!!

Post Count
    140,000 gold... and with gold at 1500 gold per 100USD... that is like.... 10k USD.... 2-3 event per month... that is 20-30k USD per month. Sustaining that sort of expenditure, you need about 240-360k USD per year... That is insane!
    Modern War
    Evga
    UK
    Lvl 82 IPH 38M
    209-395-061

War of Nations
    ViiVid_Evga (retired)
    212 mil AP 10 bases

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by megaants View Post
    140,000 gold... and with gold at 1500 gold per 100USD... that is like.... 10k USD.... 2-3 event per month... that is 20-30k USD per month. Sustaining that sort of expenditure, you need about 240-360k USD per year... That is insane!
    You need to be making more than that as an income to not have it effect your lifestyle. Trust me. You probably need to add a zero to those annual income numbers.

Banned
    Post Count
    Ferr, congrats on your recent marriage.

As for the spending....

Thanks for sharing. You are more than generous when it comes to giving information to this forum, than you need.

It's sad that some people (J-T-R) can't comprehend that what is a lot to them, may be a drop in the bucket to others (as PJ was stating).

I am sure there are many out there that may have spent close to, as much, or even MORE than you, based as a percentage of their income (mmm maybe not). I only hope that all who do spend on this game, spend it as entertainment, and don't take food away from their family.

Take care my friend, and thanks to you and PJ for starting this revolution. It was long needed.

Post Count
    For all the people who want to slam ferr as being an idiot for spending money he can afford to spend... if you're playing this game or even posting here, you're spending your time, which is a far more rare and precious resource than money, on this game. You can earn more money to get back the money you spend on this game, but there is nothing you can do to get back the time you spend on it. If it's idiotic to spend money in this game, how much more idiotic is it to spend time you can't ever get back?
    There is no greater disaster than to underestimate the enemy.
    BDP 4EVER!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    You need to be making more than that as an income to not have it effect your lifestyle. Trust me. You probably need to add a zero to those annual income numbers.
    oh yeah definitely. I didn't want to even try to imagine how much he earns. But curious how much does a person need to win the kill 35 bosses event?
    Modern War
    Evga
    UK
    Lvl 82 IPH 38M
    209-395-061

War of Nations
    ViiVid_Evga (retired)
    212 mil AP 10 bases

You have no idea but with such aggressive stand i wont enlighten you either. Be safe.
    Enlighten me with your stupidity to waste.
    What yes i would call a fortune.
    On a Game.
    No other way to look at it.
    STUPIDITY.

Consistent Contributor Force10JC's Avatar
    Post Count
    Very insightful. Thank for sharing.
    MW: 837 178 113