Any Deer Hunters Out There?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any Deer Hunters Out There?

Banned
    Post Count

Any Deer Hunters Out There?

I have a serious question:

It's deer season here (archery) and I've spent a good deal of time at one of my favorite hunting locations.
    This morning I passed on shooting a small buck and a few doe. One of the doe had a horribly disabled front leg (driver side...left here in USA). Leg was positioned like it was an arm in a sling and was totally useless. She obviously struggles somewhat to walk freely, I thought about spooking her on purpose to see if she was at all capable of running.

Heres the question: Should I put this deer down?

I doubt she will be capable of survivng the winter...I'm going under the assumption that this is a more recent injury, maybe due to playing in the road.

I have 3 doe tags that I can fill. I always buy 3, and rarely fill more than one.

Should I wait to mercy kill until after the rut is over? I will not shoot a doe near my stand that is in estrus unless I've already taken a buck that year.

Banned
    Post Count
    I only hunt reindeer.

Banned
    Post Count
    Laughing my anus off!

What's the over/under until time the reindeer master gets his next ban? I see CCM has been looking out for Joey-boy-quim lately. Maybe he wants to make sure he's on the "nice" list this year

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jobadass View Post
    Laughing my anus off!

What's the over/under until time the reindeer master gets his next ban? I see CCM has been looking out for Joey-boy-quim lately. Maybe he wants to make sure he's on the "nice" list this year
    Yeah, what is up with him protecting Jokim? Kinda odd, given how annoying the little freak is. After last nights "resurection" of Santa, it's kind of a moot point to question whether Jokim is him or not.

As to your question, yes mercy kill. Might not last the winter anyway. My father we t through a similar decision a couple years ago.

Lurker
    Post Count

Deer

Ive seen deer get by with loosing a whole leg. Let her go. Let nature handle it. If you have any yotes in the area theyll get her.

Post Count
    He'll no... It's cold out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Take her down. One for mercy and two for venison jerky!