A better way to boycott

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A better way to boycott

Post Count

A better way to boycott

Use your golden armies and superior forces to effect change. An auction event will be here soon. I suggest that everyone steal as many boxes from players as possible and try to keep the top 1 under 200 items. Steal boxes don't open them. Reason this may be better so long as you don't use old to refill energy you are taking boxes from people who will use gold to open them. You guys at the top know who have the boxes and compete for second place. Crush them have an auction where the leader has 20 items and Gree will take a hit. Thoughts?

Remember you can pvp without gold

I only suggest this because MW fluctuates between top 60 and too 25 in the highest grossing apps category. During auctions MW is around the top 25 highest grossing apps and afterwards falls to around the 50-60 range then bumps a little towards the end if a boss event as people make the push to 35.
    Last edited by albeezy; 11-04-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    You can do that. I'll be unable to attend the prom, but you and others have fun.

I'll be doing NOTHNG in the game for the next 4 weeks.

What then?

Why, it'll be almost Christmas by then.

I'll be having great holiday fun and making real memories.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PIRATE JUSTICE View Post
    You can do that. I'll be unable to attend the prom, but you and others have fun.

What then?

Enjoy your holiday festivities! I was merely suggesting that boycotters not spending gold is one thing, but boycotters not spending gold and stealing items from other players who WOuLd spend gold to open boxes but can't is taking it to the next level. A boycot of words may be less edfective than a boycot if action. I respect your choice and was merely offering another version. I'm rooting for changes!
    Last edited by albeezy; 11-04-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by albeezy View Post
    Enjoy your holiday festivities! I was merely suggesting that boycotters not spending gold is one thing, but boycotters not spending gold and stealing items from other players who WOuLd spend gold to open boxes but can't is taking it to the next level. A boycot of words may be less edfective than a boycot if action. I respect your choice and was merely offering another version. I'm rooting for changes!
    I suggest that we turn the tables and do to them, what they do to us, and what a cop tells a murder suspect: You have the right to remain silent. Oddly enough, it's been said silence is golden.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count

What then?

I agreed with PJ and with him all the way. Just started playing about 3 months ago, not the top player, currently at level 163 with ~112K/121K and 55K Gold, could have continue playing BUT opt for boycotting for changes, cheers to all

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Logically, that would mean less gold for GREE.
    But it's not the gold spending itself that matters, it's when you BUY IT for real money.
    And on second thought, gold crate openers would just learn to open them right away (with resets)...

It's a very good thought albeezy, but I think in practice it wouldn't make any noteworthy monetary impact on GREE, if anything the top non-boycotting players would notice a sharp increase in attacks.
    Furthermore, the best thing would be to "consume" crates out of the circulation, without using gold ofc, but that's not even 1 per hour per player...

Just my thoughts.
    |Android|Level 73|662-896-691|IPH 947k (908k*)|Captain-2|Россия|iBOB|
    *Realistic IPH; not counting <1h buildings, 1h-75%, 3h-33%, 6h-25%, 8h+ 100%
    Strategy: Strictly free player! Camping - except during events!
    Event history: #1T:0 #2T:9 #3A:14 #4A:14 #5T:9 #6T:10! #7A:15 #8T:10! #9A:14 #10B:1R #11A:12 #12B:1R #13T:10! #14B:1R #15T:9 #16B:0R0C #17A:16 #18B:1U #19T:9 #20B:1R2U #21W:T1k #22B:2R3U #23A:21 #24B:3U #25W:T100 #26A:20 #27B:2R3U #28T:9 #29W:T100

Banned
    Post Count
    If we can get 50% of all players to do nothing, it will be a huge impact.

We already have the top spenders on board.

I am not allowed to mention names, but if you look on page two, you'll recognize a name.

That name is the impetus behind this effort.

In addition, our alliance Is in agreement with what we're doing.

If we do nothing, there is no reason to do anything.

Discipline and focus, stay the course, don't break ranks.

No player left behind, we can settle our differences after we have dealt with our common enemy.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    If we can get 50% of all players to do nothing, it will be a huge impact.

We already have the top spenders on board.

I am not allowed to mention names, but if you look on page two, you'll recognize a name.

That name is the impetus behind this effort.

In addition, our alliance Is in agreement with what we're doing.

If we do nothing, there is no reason to do anything.

Discipline and focus, stay the course, don't break ranks.

No player left behind, we can settle our differences after we have dealt with our common enemy.
    Ha navy on board then?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have been playing this game for over a year and only just joined the forum so this message needs to go beyond here, get it viral on twitter, Facebook it, try to get the message to those players that don't use the forum. I think this boycott done correctly will work!!

Banned
    Post Count
    SO there are factions in this game in addition to allies?

Navy, Pirates, and who?

I dont see a place to join one in my app

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Monkey, you have a lot to learn it seems. If you follow things in the forums you will find out a lot about what goes on, but also pay attention to peoples boards. This all happens in what is called whale territory. Its not an option the the game gives you, its an option you create for yourself. Once you have played with the same people as long as some of us have, you get to know them, even the ones you fight with. Some become friends, and allies in some cases. Its a social game, and thats all part of the fun of the game, the interaction, good and bad. You might hold off on ctriticizing the boycott until you inderstand more of the issues involved, and how it affects everyone. Then you might feel the same. Even the free players that have been here a long time, like agent orange feel the effects. Him, and others like him have a huge amount of time and energy invested in the game. Many of us have met others that we enjoy having conversations with. This all makes it hard to just put down the game and walk away. If it were an xbox game, and you only play the ai, it would be so easy to walk away. Here we have a comunnity.

Banned
    Post Count
    ok

Thank you

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by albeezy View Post
    Use your golden armies and superior forces to effect change. An auction event will be here soon. I suggest that everyone steal as many boxes from players as possible and try to keep the top 1 under 200 items. Steal boxes don't open them. Reason this may be better so long as you don't use old to refill energy you are taking boxes from people who will use gold to open them. You guys at the top know who have the boxes and compete for second place. Crush them have an auction where the leader has 20 items and Gree will take a hit. Thoughts?

Remember you can pvp without gold

I only suggest this because MW fluctuates between top 60 and too 25 in the highest grossing apps category. During auctions MW is around the top 25 highest grossing apps and afterwards falls to around the 50-60 range then bumps a little towards the end if a boss event as people make the push to 35.

Great cheerleaders think alike, I suggested that to Ferr while ago too, people, just take away their boxes and post a boycott message on their walls for the unawares