FYI New type of cheater low level no bankers look out

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FYI New type of cheater low level no bankers look out

Post Count

FYI New type of cheater low level no bankers look out

At least to me...

So I am being contacted in game by a player who is getting attacked by a cheater or group of cheaters repeatedly...
    here is the scenario..

Hit once by cheater with 700k stats
    Hi second time by cheater with different name very similar stats and about same leve
    Repeat with up to 10 total hits at about the same time (1 minute span for all 10 hits)
    by 8-10 total different names.

Each cheater is pretty identical
    has 20 plus of special event items such as the koralene crossfire
    Level 27 or 28
    Name format of letter-letter-letter
    Zero jobs completed
    2000 -2500 fights completed less then 10 lost
    0 robberies won or lost
    740/700 stats
    0 iph

Just an FYI ...will be helping this guy get them out of game. But thoughts etc appreciated
    retired

Banned
    Post Count
    I still don't understand why the hell they don't just kill all the accounts that have the Koralene Crossfire. Ridiculous.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post
    I still don't understand why the hell they don't just kill all the accounts that have the Koralene Crossfire. Ridiculous.
    Agreed. How hard could that be? Run the search and if your name isn't cherry bomb, it's time to go.

Post Count
    I am on level 28. Send me a pm with the name of that cheater so I can send a ticket too...Maybe it will help if support gets many tickets with that player...

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SiennaSharpe View Post
    Agreed. How hard could that be? Run the search and if your name isn't cherry bomb, it's time to go.
    Didn't someone post on the forum somewhere that the original winner of that item had their account banned for cheating/hacking?

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is then they should do what Tony said and just kill all the accounts that have that item.

And then put more flag items in the code that will never be released. Cheater magnet items that no one but cheaters can get.

They're not going to do that though. Cheaters encourage uninformed and/or uneducated players to open their wallets.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    Didn't someone post on the forum somewhere that the original winner of that item had their account banned for cheating/hacking?

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is then they should do what Tony said and just kill all the accounts that have that item.

And then put more flag items in the code that will never be released. Cheater magnet items that no one but cheaters can get.

They're not going to do that though. Cheaters encourage uninformed and/or uneducated players to open their wallets.
    The original winner of that item is still an active player. I saw the crossfire just the other day when I looked to see who'd hit my hood overnight.

Banned
    Post Count
    I see. Whoever posted that the person was banned must have been full of it then.

Like I said, I had no idea whether it was true or not.

According to OP, however, cheaters are taking the liberty of awarding themselves more than one of such "epic" items. They should program the epic items to have "max count = 1" or "count >1 = account freeze".

If that could be done, cheaters (those types anyways) could accidentally ban their own accounts. Seems like it would take a bit of work away from support and whoever else has to deal with reported cheaters.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    didn't someone post on the forum somewhere that the original winner of that item had their account banned for cheating/hacking?

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is then they should do what tony said and just kill all the accounts that have that item.

YES!!!! MAGNETS!!! I LIKE THE CUT OF YOUR JIB, SIR!!!

edit: that was supposed to be all caps. Nice job in fixing something that isn't a problem on the forum.

Edit #2: looks like the caps fix doesn't work on edits. Hahahaha. Suckers.
    Last edited by TonySpaghetti; 11-02-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Post Count
    Wait.

...They LOST fights?
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Post Count
    Hmm, bringing this back on topic...
    Teach - are they sure they're not the same person with a name change? That would be very helpful.

To me what's most odd is if multiple IDs are able to find the same person in the rivals list and hammer them all at the same time. To me this sounds not like the traditional hacks but more of a coordinated botnet attack.

I have some theories on how it could be done...but I'll keep that to email, get ready to check it.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Same happened to Sam, with a name change every other second, the person lost all hits, but the hitters names all 1 letters spelled
    p
    a
    y
    a
    m
    i
    s
    b
    a
    c
    k
    h
    a
    p
    p
    y
    h
    a
    l
    l
    o
    w
    e
    e
    n
    CC Ghost Level: 156 Attack: 56,885 Defense: 61,046 Income: $334,914

KA Ghost Level: 50 Attack: 12,178 Defense: 16,051 Income: 2570
    293-015-965

New Concept - Event With Teams Thread

Kingdom Age iOS Beginners Guide

Et Tu Brute?

Nothing Changes Unless You Make It Change

Where I Come From, People Don't Talk Unless They Have Something To Say

Power Resides Where Men Believe It Resides

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost818 View Post
    Same happened to Sam, with a name change every other second, the person lost all hits, but the hitters names all 1 letters spelled
    p
    a
    y
    a
    m
    i
    s
    b
    a
    c
    k
    h
    a
    p
    p
    y
    h
    a
    l
    l
    o
    w
    e
    e
    n
    Can I have a picture of that? That'd be pretty awesome
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    Teach - are they sure they're not the same person with a name change? That would be very helpful.

To me what's most odd is if multiple IDs are able to find the same person in the rivals list and hammer them all at the same time. To me this sounds not like the traditional hacks but more of a coordinated botnet attack.

I have some theories on how it could be done...but I'll keep that to email, get ready to check it.
    Before there was even a single reply to this thread, my first thought was, "I wonder if people can hack to change their own name whenever they want, as often as they want."

Then I thought it sounded like a silly idea so I said nothing. But after thinking about it some more, and now reading this post (#10), a name change hack doesn't sound silly anymore. It sounds pretty clever actually.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post

Name changes would have to be happening within seconds and the hood statistic are slightly different..i will edit some photos and put them up later..tough to bypass the firewall at my school during the day...very difficult to get to the forums so I use my data plan and don't want to kill it

Also someone asked for a pm...will get that out later as well
    retired

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iteachem View Post
    Name changes would have to be happening within seconds and the hood statistic are slightly different..i will edit some photos and put them up later..tough to bypass the firewall at my school during the day...very difficult to get to the forums so I use my data plan and don't want to kill it

Also someone asked for a pm...will get that out later as well
    Alright, you have mail. Feel free to wait until you get home to read it...it's sort of long.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1