New forum events!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New forum events!

New forum events!

Hey all,

I'm working on some new formats for forum events. I've added some fields to your profile for you to place your invite codes; these fields will be used to determine participants in these events. Only registered forum users who have added their invite codes to their profiles will qualify for the events. These fields are hidden, so you shouldn't have to worry about people spamming you with invites.

The first event I do will be this Friday-Monday, and will be a mission completion event. Everyone who is registered and has filled in their invite codes who does even a single mission in MW during that period will get an unit. The 10 people who complete the most mission (multi-click mission count as a single mission) will win another unit. The player who completes the absolute most number of mission will get a unit that increases your energy regeneration.

Here's where you come in! I want this to be a fun event, and I want everyone to feel like they're getting something good out of things regardless of whether you're a huge gold spender or a free player. So I'd like to hear your suggestions for stats for the participation prize, top 10 prize, and #1 prize. I'm going to finalize the prizes by the end of the day.

Let me know your thoughts!
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Consistent Contributor Force10JC's Avatar
    Post Count
    Sounds cool but how/here do you enter your invite codes into your profile?

Banned
    Post Count

Where are these fields you added to my profile?

I dont see any new fields

Post Count
    Sounds pretty cool CCM. One question - What is your definition of a job? PvE or PvP or both?

I like PvP Tourneys with total PvP victories during a certain period or min victory requirements like the current CC setup.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Hey all,

The first event I do will be this Friday-Monday, and will be a job completion event. Everyone who is registered and has filled in their invite codes who does even a single job in MW during that period will get an unit. The 10 people who complete the most jobs (multi-click jobs count as a single job) will win another unit. The player who completes the absolute most number of jobs will get a unit that increases your energy regeneration.

Here's where you come in! I want this to be a fun event, and I want everyone to feel like they're getting something good out of things regardless of whether you're a huge gold spender or a free player. So I'd like to hear your suggestions for stats for the participation prize, top 10 prize, and #1 prize. I'm going to finalize the prizes by the end of the day.

Let me know your thoughts!
    Sounds sweet. Participation prize should be at a minimum similar to the Monster Hunter's 80/60 stats or total of 140 stats combined. Otherwise it will not make it into most of out armies. Top 10 should be around 400-600 total combined stats or similar to a top 250 item in an auction event and the number 1 prize with stats similar to a top 50 prize in the auction event, maybe 800-1000 range.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Force10JC View Post
    Sounds cool but how/here do you enter your invite codes into your profile?
    Here is what it looks like

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Sounds pretty cool CCM. One question - What is your definition of a job? PvE or PvP or both?

I like PvP Tourneys with total PvP victories during a certain period or min victory requirements like the current CC setup.
    Jobs is the CrimeCity equivalent of PVE

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by albeezy View Post
    Sounds sweet. Participation prize should be at a minimum similar to the Monster Hunter's 80/60 stats or total of 140 stats combined. Otherwise it will not make it into most of out armies. Top 10 should be around 400-600 total combined stats or similar to a top 250 item in an auction event and the number 1 prize with stats similar to a top 50 prize in the auction event, maybe 800-1000 range.
    I 2nd this.

It sounds like a fun forum event
    There is no greater disaster than to underestimate the enemy.
    BDP 4EVER!

Consistent Contributor Force10JC's Avatar
    Post Count
    Here is what it looks like
    Found it. Thanks.

Banned
    Post Count

Thanks force

here is what it looks like
    thanks buddy

Post Count
    will there be a leaderboard? an in-game leaderboard

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree, prizes for activities involving levelling up should be attractive, at least an uncommon unit for participating and high value units for top prizes. Great idea however, and I'd like PVP tournaments too!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    will this work with the number of jobs or xp given? still needs to be explained a few holes in ur explination

Typing away in an old Cold War missile silo.
    Post Count
    will there be a leaderboard? an in-game leaderboard
    A leaderboard would be a good idea. They worked well in other events.
    |Trophy Case|
    Dust, a few rubles, cobwebs, gum wrappers, obsolete units

Banned
    Post Count
    I agree. The units must be worth it to level up on events like this. Good idea CCM