Censored movies on tv

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Censored movies on tv

Banned
    Post Count

Censored movies on tv

I'm pretty annoyed that Inglorious Basterds is censored. All the violence is there but I guess the American networks think that swearing is worse than someone getting a baseball bat to the head.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I was very annoyed when shawshank redemption was censored on TV last weekend.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post
    I'm pretty annoyed that Inglorious Basterds is censored. All the violence is there but I guess the American networks think that swearing is worse than someone getting a baseball bat to the head.
    Swearing is worse. Didnt you see that south park episode where the world almost ended due to excessive use of words of curse?

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Is that a rune stone of geldin?

Lurking in various hoods, Now it's up to you to decide if this is good or bad.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post
    just depends on which channel it is. If it's a cable network and not a paid for channel like the movie channels (HBO, Showtime, ect.) and it's being shown before 9pm then yeah chance for language beep or editing can almost be expected to happen. But yeah the censoring seems to have gotten worse with some wanting more of a nanny state of the central government stepping on everyone's toes on what they can see own or do.
    MQ-927-954-127 send PM So I can keep track which allies are forum members.
    army dependent on amount of fusing lately
    level 23 6.2k+ IPH Still haven't saved over 100k in game yet while spending gold in game besides upgrades, monsters, fusion and expansion

CC-699-766-326
    Level 78 attack defense depends on mafia size atm, 144.0K+ IPH

Game ON!
    last updated 20121820

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kitzune View Post
    just depends on which channel it is. If it's a cable network and not a paid for channel like the movie channels (HBO, Showtime, ect.) and it's being shown before 9pm then yeah chance for language beep or editing can almost be expected to happen. But yeah the censoring seems to have gotten worse with some wanting more of a nanny state of the central government stepping on everyone's toes on what they can see own or do.
    I think you fail to see my point. It isn't about what time it comes on or what channel it is. What I'm saying is that censoring language but saying its ok to show a guy getting scalped, having na swaztika carved into his forehead or getting a bat to the head is just messed up.

Post Count
    Some rules are easy to write... Some aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Some rules are easy to write... Some aren't.
    Some people think cucumbers taste better pickled.

Lurking in various hoods, Now it's up to you to decide if this is good or bad.
    Post Count
    shrug who can explain the actions of censors. They seem to be inconsistent and not in line with all segments of the population.

In tide water virginia where I used to live there was a big thing to get weapons out of schools. So a 8 year old girl got suspended for two weeks for having a plastic knife utensil in her lunch. The censoring principal claimed it's a weapon even if it's plastic.... Those things are dangerous. >< Next thing you know pens and pencils need to go as they can stab out an eye or stab someone since they are pointed......
    MQ-927-954-127 send PM So I can keep track which allies are forum members.
    army dependent on amount of fusing lately
    level 23 6.2k+ IPH Still haven't saved over 100k in game yet while spending gold in game besides upgrades, monsters, fusion and expansion

CC-699-766-326
    Level 78 attack defense depends on mafia size atm, 144.0K+ IPH

Game ON!
    last updated 20121820

Banned
    Post Count
    I forget what movie was on the other day, but someone used a non-vulgar word in a vulgar way, and it was censored out. I think it was something like "pie", I don't remember exactly since it was inaudible, but it was a regular non-vulgar word. The way in which it was used was inappropriate I guess?

That's not even a language censor, that's censoring slang and anything else they feel like. Next thing you know, made up words that aren't real words but are used to replace "curse words" will be censored. What the shizznit? Or soon to be "what the ********?"

Post Count
    Looks like you guys need to move to Canada...

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sexkitteh View Post
    Looks like you guys need to move to Canada...
    OP is in Canada, Euchred is in Canada, I'm in Canada.

I blame the government. They did force broadcasters to regulate the volume of commercials though, which is cool. It's not as common now to need to put the volume on 11 for a program and then have to rush to find the remote for commercials so you can turn down or mute the volume before you go deaf.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    OP is in Canada, Euchred is in Canada, I'm in Canada.

I blame the government. They did force broadcasters to regulate the volume of commercials though, which is cool. It's not as common now to need to put the volume on 11 for a program and then have to rush to find the remote for commercials so you can turn down or mute the volume before you go deaf.
    Oh lol...

Well then don't watch american network TV :P

Besides... why don't you just use netflix... inglorious basterds is on netflix... and if you have a PS3 or XBOX it's incredibly easy to unlock US netflix...

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sexkitteh View Post
    Oh lol...

Well then don't watch american network TV :P

Besides... why don't you just use netflix... inglorious basterds is on netflix... and if you have a PS3 or XBOX it's incredibly easy to unlock US netflix...
    True, I'm Canadian, but the censorship is on the US networks.

How do you unlock the US Netflix? I dropped my Canadian Netflix membership because the content just wasn't there.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus ****us View Post
    Best idea to come out of Canada EVER! Not a dig serious this must be universal immediately!
    Canada has had some awesome ideas. Basketball was invented by a Canadian.