Low level Dragon Breeders. - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low level Dragon Breeders.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    To answer Elderly's original question, I started upgrade of BD7 to 8 at level 53 and finished BD10 at level 56. My IPH was about $8k when I did BD9 to 10 run. I am a completely free player...I don't camp, but my work schedule means I don't have much time to play, so I level up slowly. Most of my leveling up is due to events.

I knew at level 30s that the BD10 was the ultimate goal, so I Set my sight early on and planned for it. I build up a strong army with decent weapons that would not become obsolete around level 50s. I invests in high output economic buildings like level 2 manors, lenders, and got my silos to level 9, taverns to 8, leather works to 6, pottery to 5. I kept a rather low profile with only 120 allies and raid/attack only profitable targets.

To breed dragons, you need more deliberate allocation of resources as each dragon cost $13k. I have been adding about 15 each day. With an IPH of only $9k, the only weapons I am buying are the Bandit Leather (2/8) and Staff of Thunder (3/4)...this combo cost only $$1540 but adds more points per gold than the dragon. I am doing more pvp now as players at lvl 50s are becoming more lucrative, and I have no fear of retaliation now. I am focusing on upgrading the pair of merchant caravans as these have the best ROI and provide me with $2000++ every hour.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I am stalking a player right now with a level 10 manor. All his other buildings are low level but for some reason he has a level 10 manor and a level 1 manor. I can only guess that he paid real money for gold to upgrade that one building because upgrading a manor to level 10 for a free player is damn near impossible. I am very glad he attacked me a few days ago because my eyes lit up when I saw his manor and I can easily raid him every two days. An extra $270K every two days is not too shabby. Helped me upgrade my BD to Level 8 easily. Now I am stocking up on Hydras. Had about 500 Basilisks before that. I have about 100 Hydras now. Planning on upgrading my Lenders to level 5-6 and Manor to level 3.

I am very impressed by the IPH many of you have at level 50. I am currently at level 87 and I am only at a little over $8K IPH. I played like an idiot for the first 50-60 levels and went PVP and PVE very hard thinking that was the best way to get gold. Didn't even consider camping. Now I am semi-camping and only doing PVP and PVE when there are events. I would like to save up for a level 10 BD but my def of 32K seems a bit weak.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    Low level orc camp works fine for me to trigger boss events and when farming for boxes, etc during regular events.
    I normally just cycle among the 3 small orc huts for regular events which seems to drop items regularly. Really anything with 1 experience gain is fine.
    I wish I had read this months ago. For one event awhile ago I tried to go back to the Crossroads map to see if the low level monsters there would drop boxes. I just didn't stay with it long enough. I tried it this AM and after 7 goblins I got a drop. That cost only 7 XPs!!! On higher level maps, it can easily take a couple hundred XPs before getting a drop. I've probably gained at least three levels unnecessarily chasing box drops on higher level maps. Never again.
    KA - Jon Snow "Winter is coming." Climate change in Westeros is a b****.

CC - Sue "My name is Sue. How do you do. Now you're gonna die."

MW - PFC Kittelsen "In honor of Norwegian actress Agnes Kittelsen".

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The strategy is rather simple, raise your Attack with flame cannons and Defence with High Priests
    Raise your iph with manors - lenders - leatherworkers - taverns - silos - stables (in this order you will gain most profit for shortest time.

I have my IPh raised to 10860 for the moment with manors 3/4 lvl, lenders 4/6, leatherworkers 8/7 etc. I will camp for a month at lvl 50 upgrading my silos from 5/5 to 10/10 because I want to purchase enough heavy axes/taumaturge robes. Silos are very cheap to upgrade and the rest of the money I am using to buy equipment which will raise my att/def with 33/37 per unit. Then I will proceed with BD.

I dont have any problems with overvaulting 1 or 2 millions, i can spend them in 4-5 days.

I am not and I will not use the hydras strategy because it is a waste of money and prior them your army is too weak. Hydras cost 7000 gp cannons plus priests =6400
    Last edited by whiterider; 10-19-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Post Count
    Well fantastic strategies from everyone. I feel like I'm going to focus more on my LLP and camp for a bit on it and try and camp a bit on my level 95 try and raise some economy. I feel more like having a great LLP for fun to try and max everything at level 50 if possible and then just focus on economy and boss events for kicks.
    KA - 873-391-060
    MW - 637-562-591

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Great tips and strategies here. Great job guys!