I feel like Tom Hanks....

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I feel like Tom Hanks....

Post Count

I feel like Tom Hanks....

So I misclicked and spent 20 gold on an energy refill. I sent in a ticket and had no problems.

Unfortunately, i must have accidentally raided a zoltan machine on Broadwalk before logging off. When I woke up, i had a n email saying that i had been refunded the gold, but found that while I had no gold refunded, i had mysteriously jumped up 20 levels.

This maybe a problem as I do not bank (and while people try none have succeeded in attacking in 6 weeks). I was naughty and spend 20krp on chainwhips that were now unlocked to beef my stats just in case, which i consider ****-up tax, but not planning on building anything that is now unlocked.

If i get successfully attacked, I am going to go bat-guano mental. Its enough of a handicap being me, leavealone having to contend with stuff like this.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Post Count
    There's so much to reply to...but, yeah, I consider the CWs fair game. Interesting that they screwed up the gold column and the level column (probably provides some insight into how their database is structured).

Hopefully they resolve this quickly for you. I don't think they'll take back the CWs but if they do make sure they refund the RPs.

Edit: Why Tom Hanks?
    Edit 2: You folk watch American movies? Is that common? Wait, are there not British movies?
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    It's a reference to "big" I think. You're dating yourself, Ram.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    I don't really see how it's fair to stock up RP items that you shouldn't have. Unless they get removed when they remove the 20 levels. Otherwise you will have a huge advantage over others.
    Haven't you heard? About the bird?

Post Count
    Ramshutu... If they moved you up 20 levels... Did you get the skill points? And if they choose to correct it I hope you don't lose the RP!!!
    Proud member of HTC White!!!

Post Count
    I wouldn't buy the chain whips either. Your game is bugged. Don't take advantage of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    ... Interesting that they screwed up the gold column and the level column (probably provides some insight into how their database is structured)...
    We just discovered their backend system. LOL

Last edited by SevenO9; 10-17-2012 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    You are killing me 7 , for a german your humor is extraordinaire

Banned
    Post Count
    Classic 7!

Hey ram what level does that put you at now?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
    I don't really see how it's fair to stock up RP items that you shouldn't have. Unless they get removed when they remove the 20 levels. Otherwise you will have a huge advantage over others.
    Yeah, I didn't purchase them in order to gain an advantage when my level returns, but to make sure I am not at a disadvantage at the level I'm at now, I do not expect to keep them (but I do expect the RP back) My game plan revolves around no banking, and at the level I'm at, I'm not far enough above average to be comfortable and I'm not prepared to sit around and get tonked for the several days I expect it will take support to sort me out.

For what it's worth, it wasn't a massive number of CWs, it was a shade over 20. Even if not taken away, it means that I would have 410% greater stats than average instead of 400%. I have enough other legitimate advantages over my peers to make this one small fry. I haven't loaded up on any of the nice new buildings that have unlocked, which I could have. I may add a couple of the buildings that I was planning to build today when I levelled up, but I may wait.

I got no skill points btw, and all I will say about the level I'm at now, is that I didn't have CWs unlocked before, but I do now.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968