HL-- The Ecosystem from 1 B.C.E to lvl 200 C.C. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HL-- The Ecosystem from 1 B.C.E to lvl 200 C.C.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The sharktank brackets will tighten up over time just like the bar for entering the HL. I've mentioned many months ago in a thread which I should dig up and post again; but suffice it to say as more players especially android continue to play CC this will be the continuing trend.

Getting owned in the HL is going to happen to most players. There are ways to lessen the blow. Obviously increasing attack/defense scores is a given but the key is managing your mafia bracket at whatever level. It is a guarantee at max mafia most will get destroyed but dropping your mafia alliance to a point you have a full contingency of better than respect items should make things better and possibly turn the losing tide. The success of such a strategy depends on key inventory (rare and boss items), utilizing a full compliment of defense buildings and finding the sweet spot alliance bracket. Most sharks swim in the 'non rat' 500 pool but the best chance for a non gold to medium gold player to survive and possibly thrive in the HL is to be a hood rat.

Banned
    Post Count
    in Shark Tank 1, mobbed up as described above, Defence is pointless, honestly it is. The only stat that matters is Attack, the only Skill points worth adding is Attack.

I was previously maintaining 500 landmines, but over the last few weeks I've just let them get depleted without replacement, and allowed my defence to drop by a couple of thousand points.

Logic being, unless you have stellar stats, there will always be someone in another mob who can take you down, and you will thus be targetted by them (particularly in my case, as my constant blah blah makes me a desirable target). So concentrating on Attack stats and widening the pool of people you can hit is the most (only) effective strategy.

As said, this applies more so to those fighting in mobs, or who are on a mob hitlist.
    Last edited by Burn; 10-16-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Right on Burn , in sharktank 1 , Attack is all , since if you cannot retaliate you are beaten ..

defense is not working in shark tank 1 , cause simple fact standoff in war , doesn't make profit .
    While equal retaliation does , and gets the blood and spending going .
    Defense is only used to fend off the paupers .. but once people get past 300k , it is trading losses for cash ..
    Both are meaningless in the end , to goldspenders ..

Now the problem so far only way to solve it soon , is too move up the sharktank again .
    But it is only short term solution , simply put the income from the HL is quite awesome to behold .
    See the ladder events , those top 25 already wasted together around 250k gold minimum .

So why should Gree solve the sharktank problem ?

Banned
    Post Count
    Also applies to farming... if you are mobbed up, don't waste time farming Defense stats until you have run out of items that can add to your Attack.

In fact, once I've maxed Attack through farming, I will then spend energy on mastering storyline maps for the skill point which will go on Attack Skill - this will be favorable to farming for Defense.

Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I agree on attack as I will have a minimum of 580 and 635 attack skill points on 2 accounts before map mastery bonus come level 200; in about 5 years or so

Banned
    Post Count
    Emcee

Oh and apologies for dragging your good thread off-topic Wizzla. I'll shut up now.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    My bad......how did this thread get derailed

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Also applies to farming... if you are mobbed up, don't waste time farming Defense stats until you have run out of items that can add to your Attack.

In fact, once I've maxed Attack through farming, I will then spend energy on mastering storyline maps for the skill point which will go on Attack Skill - this will be favorable to farming for Defense.

Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack.
    This bit of text created a small twist in my strategy. I've noticed that my true defense listed below (minus 120 or so of buildings) can't even stand of 12k atk. Attack is everyhing
    Haven't you heard? About the bird?

Banned
    Post Count
    My suggestion is mostly for higher levels and those embroiled in mob wars - but an early start on maximizing your attack can only be a good thing. You will still get some kind of defensive balance from standard loot drops for a long time yet anyway.

If you are low levels and building for the future, remember this...

A Skill Point put into defense is a Skill Point wasted.

When prioritizing items for purchase with in-game money, respect points, or that you are farming, always prioritize attack over defense.

Good defense makes you annoying. Good attack makes you scary.
    Last edited by Burn; 10-16-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Post Count
    Got 62 in atk, 3 in def, 660 energy and 15 stamina. Throwing everything in atk for the benefit of the boss events.
    Haven't you heard? About the bird?

Post Count
    Its all good burn! Just wanted to tell a story

Not too far off anywayzzz
    Goal: To be the richest in Crime City.

Run with me, or run from me.

Stay thirsty my friends.

(CK) COLD Karma

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jobadass View Post
    My Dad had a shirt that said, "it's not how deep you fish, it's how you wiggle your worm".
    Thats what people with small penises say to feel better about themselves.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KemoKidd View Post
    Thats what people with small penises say to feel better about themselves.
    did you have to google that? Wow, I never realized the old man had a sense of humor...THAT's where I get it from.