PvP unit losses - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP unit losses

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yeah, something definitely changed. It used to be if you attacked someone whose defense was 1/3 or less of your attack rating, you wouldn't lose units. I recently attacked someone who had an attack of 14,150 to my defense of 46,700 and still lost a unit. Not a big deal as it was only 1 unit out of 10 attacks, but it means they definitely altered something.

Luckily, a few month back I was attacked by a lvl 60 player with low stats, and have been referring to my news list to continually attack them without losing any units vs that player (they're only at 3k attack). I should feel guilty I suppose, but I'm saving lots of gold not having to replace units.

Also, they only have 300 active allies since they're lvl 60, but the TR recognizes they're total number of allies as qualifying for the mission completion. If I remember correctly my current TR 134 requires the opponent to have 333 or more allies, but attacking them still counts toward the completion since they've obviously allied more than that, it's just that only 300 are active allies based on their level.

Just a tip to keep in mind to reduce unit losses.

Also, refer to your news list often to check the stats of people who've attacked you in the past. Lots of people get bored and stop playing, and as other people attack them their stats drop considerably. So someone who might have been around your stats a few months back might now be less than half (or ideally less than 1/3) your stats currently if you've kept playing regularly and adding levels, units, and weapons/armor to your army stats.

By the time all is said and done, using this approach has probably saved me enough gold for that BD10 upgrade.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazi View Post
    I've also noticed that I lose significantly (10x) more units now when I attack someone who is over vault max. I attacked someone with half the defense (compared to my attack) and 60% of the allies I have, yet I lost one or two hydras or basiliks every time.

If I attack someone with the same stats as the example above, but they are under vault max, I would rarely lose any units.

Guess they are trying to make it easier to save for the expensive upgrades?

I am seeing a different aspect of this. I PVP a significant portion of the time and used to always attack before raiding just to see if there were any amounts over vault (since I am low level, not everyone has $330k vault). Recently, if there are any amounts over vault, if I only have 20-30% more attack than his defense, I will lose a couple of times before I win. Of course this could be bad luck or he can have extra defensive points but when I do win at the first shot, he is almost always under vault. I rarely win right away if he has unvaulted cash unless his defense is less than half my attack. I have pretty much given up attacking and do just raids.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I've noticed a significant change too. I pvp a majority of the time and before recently, I started losing Flaming Catapults 1 after the other. This is getting quite annoying because I'm losing units to rivals who are significantly weaker. Now that I've boosted my ally total greatly in the past 2 days because of this boss event, I'm losing them at a faster rate. The Flaming Catapult's casualty rating is low, meanwhile I have units that are medium and high who still survive. Can someone please explain the logic in why I would lose a very expensive unit with a low casualty rating over a cheap high casualty rating?
    Kingdom Age: 902-021-121

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jopoppy View Post
    Can someone please explain the logic in why I would lose a very expensive unit with a low casualty rating over a cheap high casualty rating?
    It's the algorithm that the programmers have set up. When running the casualty check, they start with the units with the highest attack points first. The more of these units you have going into battle the more likely it is that you'll lose one. Once you DO lose one, though, the odds of you losing another go down, but not to 0. So sometimes you can lose more than one. Once all the highest units have passed the casualty check, it moves on to the next group of units and so on, until you've gone through all the units you're bringing into battle.

The more allies you have, the more units you're bringing into battle and the more likely it is that you'll lose one.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomUser View Post
    It's the algorithm that the programmers have set up. When running the casualty check, they start with the units with the highest attack points first.
    They should go through your units randomly ...

At any rate though, I have noticed an overall higher incidence f all unit casualties, so they have changed something. Yet they still think its ok to whizz on my leg and tell me it is merely raining.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    They should go through your units randomly ...

At any rate though, I have noticed an overall higher incidence f all unit casualties, so they have changed something. Yet they still think its ok to whizz on my leg and tell me it is merely raining.
    It's a warm rain and a golden rainbow.

Post Count
    Will be great if we can change honor on gems.

1 gem = 100 honor.

It'll be good reason to attack players and don't worry about lost units.

On high level I want to spend honor.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Don't try to figure it out. PVP unit losses are a joke. All I ever lose is LOW and VERY LOW items.
    I've tried everything and it doesn't really matter. It's really about separating you from your GOLD, in an attempt to get you to buy GOLD or GEMS. No more, no less.

Lurker
    Post Count
    What would be great is that if we were able to convert some of our "GOLD into GEMS" that will be a blast.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    PVP has become a joke. On the daily scratch, I won 2500 Honor Points! I went out and bought 5 more cannons! I preceded to lose 4 of them over 5 battles....along with the other high casualty items - the flaming trebuchets and the high priests.

Isn't it ironic that, after getting my first lucky ANYTHING from this game, they would take it all away and then some, within a half of a day?

I do like this game, but after getting jacked, time and time again, I made a decision to NEVER buy another gem again. I cannot reward the crooked programming that goes on and it is a shame. It's seems to have gotten worse since GREE took it over.