PvP unit losses

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP unit losses

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

PvP unit losses

Anyone know what is going on? I am losing my low and very low units at a much faster clip than I have in the past. Losing medium units has also seemingly doubled. I lose catapults and siege engines two at a time lately. Filed a ticket and they gave me a pat answer that did not address the issue. What changed because it is obvious something has despite what they are saying.

Post Count
    You might have been getting lucky before and regressing back towards the mean with casualty rates? Who knows. Of the units you're losing, how many do you bring to battle? If you bring 100 - 200+ of any unit to battle, you're going to lose 'em fairly regularly no matter what their casualty rating is.

MW: 126 058 489
    CC: 312 373 670
    KA: 429 627 930

MLB Full Deck : 9K7W52

Post Count
    I've noticed that the higher level up you go, the less often you lose units in battle. Maybe it's because you're increasing your Attack to their Defense differential as you grow stronger, but that's my observation. As I climbed in level, I kept losing fewer and fewer units. Even against someone with only a 20-25% attack bonus I never lose a unit.
    Last edited by GetItOn; 10-12-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GetItOn View Post
    I've noticed that the higher level up you go, the less often you lose units in battle. Maybe it's because you're increasing your Attack to their Defense differential as you grow stronger, but that's my observation. As I climbed in level, I kept losing fewer and fewer units. Even against someone with only a 20-25% attack bonus I never lose a unit.
    Huh?

Whether I am increasing my Att versus their Def, or going up in level, neither should, de facto, raise the probability of unit losses.

Post Count
    Aren't you a gem player? Maybe the higher you go up in level, the more indestructible units you acquire

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dengus View Post
    Aren't you a gem player? Maybe the higher you go up in level, the more indestructible units you acquire
    Only about 18% of my army is indestructible with 38% fewer casualties boost.

Post Count
    Only about 18% of my army is indestructible with 38% fewer casualties boost.
    Gotcha. Sounds like you know how to pick your battles wisely then to minimize your unit losses.

Banned
    Post Count
    And perhaps have some event units that reduce casualty rates as well.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Red View Post
    And perhaps have some event units that reduce casualty rates as well.
    There's been a couple of those already.

Post Count
    They are constantly changing the mechanics of the game. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they've modified how unit losses are calculated.

That being said, I've noticed that the more allies I have, the more frequently I lose units - it's a function of how many units I'm actually bringing into battle. Unfortunately, it's gotten to the point where I usually lose money attacking most other players, even with somebody way over vault because I'll lose at least 1 dragon (or a hydra and a basilisk) almost every attack.

Banned
    Post Count
    At L40 I have about 28k even againt someone with 6k def I will alway lose a litch or two over 10k and I will always lose 2

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I've got 26k attack, just raided a level 1 guard tower of someone with 852 defence and lost 2 flaming catapults in that one raid :|

Aha

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I've also noticed that I lose significantly (10x) more units now when I attack someone who is over vault max. I attacked someone with half the defense (compared to my attack) and 60% of the allies I have, yet I lost one or two hydras or basiliks every time.

If I attack someone with the same stats as the example above, but they are under vault max, I would rarely lose any units.

Guess they are trying to make it easier to save for the expensive upgrades?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Aha View Post
    I've got 26k attack, just raided a level 1 guard tower of someone with 852 defence and lost 2 flaming catapults in that one raid :|
    Anytime you hit a Defense, unit, or boost building you are gonna see unit losses regardless of Attack strength.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Anytime you hit a Defense, unit, or boost building you are gonna see unit losses regardless of Attack strength.
    Thanks, I didn't know that.

Aha