Why is thread necro 'bad' CCM?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Why is thread necro 'bad' CCM?

Post Count

Why is thread necro 'bad' CCM?

Self proclaimed digging out mav's original thread to read and then feeling like he wants to post doesn't offend me. It saves multiple threads being created about the same thing. It allows new members to see some of the brilliantly informed discussions older members used to have. Everything seems good, why do you think it's bad ccm? I don't get it.

I'm not being argumentative here I'd really like to understand.

If you'd like to know. We can play the hotter,colder game.
    Post Count
    I didn't even realize I necroed it till I noticed the last post made in it,lol. I got it out of the FAQS and didn't notice the link at the top of the thread for the spreadsheet.
    We didn't build a faction. We built a franchise. Veteran Forum Fighters

If you have the AR DRONE, then I don't mind hearing you complain about your stuff being devalued.

Post Count
    I have no idea why it's such a big deal as well? CCM please explain - Just so we know like Hivesy said.

Post Count
    because maybe bringing back the dead is not a good thing. Let dead be dead and have their peace! lol... jk

But you do have a point Hivesy to show what legit conversation the older forum members used to have... rather than some of the troll threads that has spread recently...

It causes confusion, is often out-of-context, or about something that is no longer relevant. It's best to create a new thread and link to the old one.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    It causes confusion, is often out-of-context, or about something that is no longer relevant. It's best to create a new thread and link to the old one.
    Just an FYI CCM, but I think much of the confusion with necroed threads is that on many forums I've been on you get villafied if you DON'T search for old threads on the topic you have a question about. In those cases it is almost always preferred that you reply to the old thread if the posts already present don't answer your question. Even in MW, I'd guesstimate that 90% of the old topics are still valid, but I will admit that some things may be out of date on old threads.

Quote Originally Posted by elangomatt View Post
    Just an FYI CCM, but I think much of the confusion with necroed threads is that on many forums I've been on you get villafied if you DON'T search for old threads on the topic you have a question about. In those cases it is almost always preferred that you reply to the old thread if the posts already present don't answer your question. Even in MW, I'd guesstimate that 90% of the old topics are still valid, but I will admit that some things may be out of date on old threads.
    Searching an old thread for an answer is one thing, raising a potentially irrelevant thread from the dead is another.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Post Count
    Searching an old thread for an answer is one thing, raising a potentially irrelevant thread from the dead is another.
    I think the issue is that a few of the Threads that you locked and Deemed Necro were great threads that prevented new threads from being created.

With that being said i would say 80% or more have been threads that deserved to be locked due to Necro...
    VFF Legends

Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    Potentially irrelevant, but in many cases potentially useful. Guys like Mav will reply to their original threads as they can track em down easy through their profile. How many loot threads are there now? Having info spread out everywhere makes the forum harder to use and information harder to find.
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

PM for ally add.