Boss just cost me $6 million - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boss just cost me $6 million

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit12 View Post
    that guy is real bigdawg... I saw CCMark pics before just like his avatar right now...

@Maximum fun, thats true..

@Arizona, you should take it easy bro.. i know your Arizona Cardinals lost to the STL Rams last night.. i know how it feels when your team losses...
    I agree it is a pic of CCM but it is a junior member ... Not a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
    Nah... you can't send a ticket because you didn't plan right. In future if you have a big PvE target you don't want to lose, you need to trigger the boss in a map you don't have any interest in; maybe the insurgent map.
    Seriously, sending a ticket because you FUp isn't the answer.... although if you do send a ticket, let the forum know the outcome, 'cos if you get compensated for being a naive knuckle dragger, then I want my share of goodies too.
    No hard feelings mate, but it just sounds like sour gra-pes to me!
    This player didn't make a mistake or have ill planning, it was something they shouldn't be expected to control. Please submit a ticket and I'll have a talk to the PM teams about what to do in cases like this.
    https://www.facebook.com/RPGMonsterQuest

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    This player didn't make a mistake or have ill planning, it was something they shouldn't be expected to control. Please submit a ticket and I'll have a talk to the PM teams about what to do in cases like this.
    Wow...not only an acknowledgement of a problem, but accepting a need to fix it? Do I see the clouds parting and a ray of sunshine peeking through? Let's hope so!

Post Count
    I feel for OP, this has happened to me several times. Usually very early or very late when I forget about this annoying bug. For a little while I thought it was fixed because there now appears to be a slight delay before the boss appears, but it's still happening. Very unfortunate.

Proud REG vet: 3rd PVP2, 4th BfB, 4th PVP3
    ___
    Free Player, Retired, Dec '11 - Feb '13
    Used to accept forum members as allies by booting strangers to make space upon PM
    Please keep it civil on the forums

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Nah... you can't send a ticket because you didn't plan right. In future if you have a big PvE target you don't want to lose, you need to trigger the boss in a map you don't have any interest in; maybe the insurgent map.
    Seriously, sending a ticket because you FUp isn't the answer.... although if you do send a ticket, let the forum know the outcome, 'cos if you get compensated for being a naive knuckle dragger, then I want my share of goodies too.
    not that I will be the first to point this out to you (because looking back I certainly wasn't), but you make no sense at all. The program is buggy yet you suggest that because a person doesn't do some non-required action to prevent something that it is somehow their fault the program is faulty. I can see you have a long and successful career ahead of you in appllication software support. "Yes, I know the program dumped your data, but you see it is your fault because you made the stupid mistake of entering your data in the program in the first place. You are such a noob." You will go far.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This happened to me 3 times when I was about to pop a Transport Raider & support gave me 5 million & 5 TR's for my troubles :0 Sometimes support can actually be "supportive"
    Don't whine about a problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution.

I Buy / Sell REAL Gold and Silver everyday at www.PacificCoinExchange.com
    Great Blog: http://www.pacificcoinexchange.com/c...inancial-news/

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    This happened to me 3 times when I was about to pop a Transport Raider & support gave me 5 million & 5 TR's for my troubles :0 Sometimes support can actually be "supportive"
    Well, it seems that "support" seems to be rather selective, since I haven't got anything after submitting a ticket as I have mentioned before. I would appreciate, that "support" would get some clear order as to how to react, rather than giving here but not there, in all fairness !

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Ridiculous, sour g****s? Dont you think this should not even be a problem? It was reported on beta day one and they haven't fixed it. Telling them usually does nothing since they might say we're aware of it and that's it. At least I never asked for credit except once and they gave me a million bucks or so. I had reported it to them after it went live and only after much loss income. I said I had lost over bla bla and would like some credit. So they gave me a bunch of cash. Nice yes, but many months later it is still broken.

No not sour g****s but totally legit emotions he is feeling. However I know what you mean and I don't have any hard intentions to you when I say ridiculous.

Post Count
    Tip for you re when this happens. Not an entire solution but works most of the time.

If the elite triggers on a mission payout then do not attack the boss, cancel the screen and you go back to the attack/mission screen you were on.

Attacks / raids almostbalways give the payout, missions work at least half the time, with the money already being allocated into your account.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramp78 View Post
    not that I will be the first to point this out to you (because looking back I certainly wasn't), but you make no sense at all. The program is buggy yet you suggest that because a person doesn't do some non-required action to prevent something that it is somehow their fault the program is faulty. I can see you have a long and successful career ahead of you in appllication software support. "Yes, I know the program dumped your data, but you see it is your fault because you made the stupid mistake of entering your data in the program in the first place. You are such a noob." You will go far.
    Your first point is irrelevant. Whether the consesus is one or one hundred people pointing something out has no bearing on the validity of an argument. On that basis, I reject your statement that I make no sense at all.

I agree the program is buggy. It always has been. Game issues can take months to repair, if they can be. A solution is to find a workaround if that's at all possible. Many players look for workarounds to issues and share them on the forum. To conclude I suggested a person is responsible for a faulty program is ridiculous.

Based on your first two incorrect statements, the third regarding my long and successful career choice is also irrelevent. I have a long and lucrative career in currency trading. Although in the past I have worked in application software programming. Mostly in now defunct languages; COBOL and Fortran.

I wouldn't say you made a stupid mistake, but you did make a mistake. My point on this issue is there is very little help in the game to go by and many players learn by trial and error, making mistakes. I have lost many millions through I believe no fault of my own, but I really can't be arsed to complain. I think only on two issues have I written in pointing out something they could look into addressing, but I never did it because I wanted compensation. I just think bad things happen in the game and over time we learn to adapt and live with it. I'm just very surprised that CCM came to your defence when in the past so many issues are still open ended, unresolved or uncommunicated to the forum.

Finally, my comment about knuckle dragging was uncalled for and for that I apologise to you. Although not a sole excuse, I think at the time I was over imbibed with alcohol.

..and as always welcome to the forum.