For several months I was under the impression that in-game cash had some sort of value (after all, why else would it be there?). My assumption was that I'd need a good economy, as well as whatever I could rob so that I could buy good weapons. Therefore, I'd always rob rather than fight. By the time I was about L30 or 40 my A/D was about 1 or 2k behind most other players at that level. Also, because I valued cash I'd get the sh1ts whenever my buildings got robbed.

Plus I thought that some of the gold weapons were ridiculously overpriced and that no normal person would part with that sort of money for a virtual (and otherwise practically useless) product. Different story for buildings though- they generate cash, which can then be used to buy good weapons with the free money they produce, and thus represent a much more worthwhile investment.

When Explosives were added as a new weapon category, a lot of players initially concluded that they were a waste of time and money and of no benefit at all. Others objected to their use, declaring that using Explosives represented an "artificial" boost to a players stats. This was actually fortunate for me, as my A/D was still a bit behind the curve and the new Molitov Cocktails instantly allowed me to jump my Attack by 500, making it much easier to complete the Winning Streak/TL/HH goals I'd neglected earlier on.