Silly Game Assumptions...Share Yours

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly Game Assumptions...Share Yours

Banned
    Post Count

Silly Game Assumptions...Share Yours

I do not know if this will pick up steam or not but I thought it could be fun! Share any thoughts or assumptions you had towards this game at some point that later became ridiculous as you learned the game. For example I thought this early on:

Because cars are so expensive (and before I discovered the mafia-item description pop-up that says 'one of ___ per mafia member in battle') I told myself that I needed to buy cars based on the assumption of how many mafia could fit in or on that particular vehicle. So, a motorcycle could really only be used for one mafia member, while the hatchback could seat/be used towards at least four mafia members. The SUV was just awesome because I just knew I could squeeze seven of my mafia into that particular vehicle and so I could get away with buying less of them. This belief carried on for some time until I discovered the aforementioned item breakdown pop-up tab.

I know I am not the only person who lived and learned and found myself coining myself as an idiot for an assumption like this so please share yours!

Post Count
    OMG, now that's funny D, my oops moment was when I realized, with help from the forum, I didn't have to wait till level 100 to do thug life goals with the 500 mafia requirement.
    "Death is the only Truth, everything else is a lie that needs to be Challenged" ~me

CC 713 326 852

Banned
    Post Count
    Mine's a good one.

For quite a while I assumed "my attack > rival defense = guaranteed win". It's only common sense.

Then we all found out that this game intentionally removes common sense from nearly every single equation, and replaces it with crap like random factors.

I don't even want to get into what I used to think about defense buildings and/or profile defense score.

Post Count
    To go with Dudeman, BGA's... bought 10 with gold, upgraded the heck out of them, just to discover that my actual defense moved slightly higher... fun stuff

Banned
    Post Count
    I assumed that real money spent in game would retain it's worth and it's advantage.

I didn't expect Gree to subsequently give away huge quantities of free stuff that is more powerful than items I previously bought with real money.

Gooch has given me 18 free items today, 18 items that are better than Common crate items I spent real money on.

I won't make same mistake again. No more Gold, stats now stay where stats are now.

aka Stick ur inflation up your *** Gree.
    Last edited by Burn; 10-04-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Post Count
    ok when i started playing i didn't realise you couldn't build more than 2 of the same money buildings until i tried to build a 3rd one and noticed the building disappears from money building menu
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Man bala has been here since 2012? For some reason I always assume he got here last Thursday...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Ha ha ha OP, couldn't wait for the buses and limos, huh?

I used to think each mafia member brought their best of each category to the fight. Not as funny, and it seems many believe this.

A funny one I saw was not to attack someone while they are standing next to their defensive buildings.

Post Count
    I had 3 assumptions.

1) that the grenade launcher, steel garrote, blast guard helmet, and audi where the best cash items you could buy... and by multiplying those by 500 would give me an average player stat... wrong lol

2) that you could build (like in other games) a "tank" character... basically investing allllll your skill points into defense and becoming nearly untouchable... wrong again lmao...

3) Gold spenders weren't crazy! lol

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    Ha ha ha OP, couldn't wait for the buses and limos, huh?

I used to think each mafia member brought their best of each category to the fight. Not as funny, and it seems many believe this.

A funny one I saw was not to attack someone while they are standing next to their defensive buildings.
    Limos and buses were the mecca of vehicles in my mind lol

And thats hilarious to not attack when standing next to D buildings

Banned
    Post Count
    Dude and BOS...i think MANY people shared that same misconception! I originally told myself id get at least 2 of every D bldg and even got started w the BGAs but luckily only bought 8 and that was right when the top was blown off about how pointless those are or i probably would have 25+ by now w substantial time and money put into them :-/

Post Count
    I assumed m4a1s were forever!

Then one day.... *poof!*

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I assumed m4a1s were forever!

Then one day.... *poof!*
    I didnt even learn about those until they were gone

Banned
    Post Count
    I assumed that people with crazy stats got them legitimately.

Post Count
    LMAO I thought that if you spent money on a badass item (say a vehicle for example) that every mafia member gets to use it..........herp durp

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    I assumed that real money spent in game would retain it's worth and it's advantage.

I didn't expect Gree to subsequently give away huge quantities of free stuff that is more powerful than items I previously bought with real money.

Gooch has given me 18 free items today, 18 items that are better than Common crate items I spent real money on.

I won't make same mistake again. No more Gold, stats now stay where stats are now.

aka Stick ur inflation up your *** Gree.
    With all the easily obtained free items better than RP items, I don't see why they don't finally just give us a fourth tier. Of course, I already squandered my savings on RPGs and Exeleros, so clearly now would be the perfect time for that.

Another 500 TL would be awesome right now too.

Yawn.