Back from tokyo, top major issues Modern War discussed

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from tokyo, top major issues Modern War discussed

Prominent Poet
    Post Count

Back from tokyo, top major issues Modern War discussed

The dutch Trademission to Japan has returned to the Netherlands today. I can tell you guys that I have met and talked to a Gree director at a reception at the Dutch embassy. Obviously, i will not disclose his name here. however, ccm you can pm me if you wish to have his name. Very funny situation i got myself in to as my presence there had of course little to do with me playing this game lol. We had a very vivid discussion though.
    I brought to him the following issues of which i think threaten the game also based on what you guys have written on the tokyo thread and other threads.

1. Game security. This includes the obvious and less obvious hacking but also the many mistakes made when introducing new elements in the game. It seems that there is hardly any testing performed. New upgades create new problems (newest are the apc double upgrade not working just as 20% airboost which is as invisible as the bear boost).

2. Structural inbalance. Having a game where money spenders and free players are fighting eachother justifies a structural inbalance. In fact this is exactly what the game is, economically speaking, all about. However, once you have enticed the free player to become a money spender, he should have a theoretical possibility at least to reach the top of the game. The way modern war is going this goal will get increasingly more difficult to reach. Other games have the same problem and this is usually one of the reasons why games die out. Game heros will be examples for others to play the game but if that hero becomes impossible to reach. Normally, this takes years to happen but with the rate Gree is introducing new event units, this inbalanceness is accelerated to the extreme.

3. Bad communication. This includes the forum news and ticket handling (i have not mentioned the names of those who handle our tickets).

4. Lack of transparancy. The game does not allow you to test units, to check the consistency of your stats, to check wether your boosts are working etc. This lack of transparancy is usually because of the existence of flaws they want to cover up.

5. Last but not least i mentioned the casualty glitch (there seem to be players who never loose any unit). Although not a hacking issue, it leads to a similar result: legit players leaving the game.

These major issues threaten the existence of the game in the near future. Already we can see that the game is getting less and less popular if we look at the amount that the game is downloaded.

The response i received on all topics above are not for this thread as that was what i promised. However, i can tell you guys that we are in a transitional fase...... That does not mean much and frankly it also remains unclear to me what the future will bring us. However, meeting our true owners has opened some opportunity at least to help the improvement of the game as such.
    Yours,
    Ferr
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Supreme Scholar
    Post Count
    Wish the best of luck for that happening

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=bigflan;429527]Wish the best of luck for that happening[/QUOTE

Well, you never know Big. I did get you some leaderboard changes of which you were sure it was not gonna happen . But you re right to be sceptical though.....

Post Count
    Give me SUSHI ROLLS AND UDON FOR FREE
    1 thing I really hate.

1. Stealing tonyspaghettti's sig idea.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Ferr you telling me you booked a flight to Japan, flew all the way over there just to talk to gree! All of that over a game!
    413 983 651

Post Count
    To a dummy like me, seems like a blowoff.

-jason

Brotherhood Without Banners
    -
    The Pros from Dover.
    436 633 501

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT.GIN View Post
    Ferr you telling me you booked a flight to Japan, flew all the way over there just to talk to gree! All of that over a game!
    Of course i did. That shows my love for you all!! Seriously now, no of course not. I am a regular member of the Dutch trade missions to Japan. We visit many companies, organise seminars and visit our embassy who organised a reception for us. During that reception i met gree. Reason why gree was there is because of their presence in the netherlands.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhenry02 View Post
    To a dummy like me, seems like a blowoff.

-jason
    Not so negative jason. Everything starts with a good diplomatic talk

Supreme Scholar
    Post Count
    I don't see anything happening they have to deal with there new game monster age

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    Not so negative jason. Everything starts with a good diplomatic talk
    Well said. Thanks Ferr for bringing the concerns of the game (players) to those who has authority to make some changes. While it may not necessarily happen overnight, who knows, maybe sometime in the future. But at least the door of opportunity had been unlocked.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    Of course i did. That shows my love for you all!! Seriously now, no of course not. I am a regular member of the Dutch trade missions to Japan. We visit many companies, organise seminars and visit our embassy who organised a reception for us. During that reception i met gree. Reason why gree was there is because of their presence in the netherlands.

Oh I see... That's hardcore man!!! Real hardcore...
    413 983 651

Post Count
    Great job Ferr. I have seen some incredible changes in areas that no one believed would ever change, so I appreciate what you did. All it takes is for one or two people on the inside of Gree to say there needs to be changes and anything can happen.

Post Count
    Is that why there wasn't a leaderboard event this week, because GREE knew you were on vacation? Lol. All kidding aside, I'm glad you brought the concerns of the players to the attention of an/the executive(s).

MW: 126 058 489
    CC: 312 373 670
    KA: 429 627 930

MLB Full Deck : 9K7W52

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Ferr did you go in there all angery and demanding? I would of! I would of been like where the hell is the CEO at!!! I demand to speak with him! And I would of been like no I don't want that eggroll a$$hole I want answers and youve got them for me!!!
    413 983 651

Post Count
    Great job ferr. Its good that you finally talked to the authorities

Modern war code - 560320147, 740 526 551 add me please
    Kingdom Age code - 953-474-768

유인나 is my crush