The football thread - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The football thread

Banned
    Post Count
    And youre right...teams were diff back then...not nearly as many of these hot head pansies that live a life of entitlement and 8-9 figure contracts. Sherringham was such a gem to watch...didnt he play til he was like 40-42? I remember watching him late in his career and the genius with which he played the game was astonishing...slow as molasses and so damn football smart he was still a step ahead of everyone!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I was looking forward to posting in this thread but saw that it had been derailed by the "american" version of football rather then the correct game of football - you know the one in which you use your feet and play with a ball. The american version uses an oval and you use your hand - so anyway, my favourite ovalhand team is the Dolphins.

Back to the original topic:

Liverpool fan here (don't start the jokes - had enough from my mates). To the OT, I hope Carroll works out for the irons, was never really given a chance with us.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav Clarke View Post
    I was looking forward to posting in this thread but saw that it had been derailed by the "american" version of football rather then the correct game of football - you know the one in which you use your feet and play with a ball. The american version uses an oval and you use your hand - so anyway, my favourite ovalhand team is the Dolphins.

Back to the original topic:

Liverpool fan here (don't start the jokes - had enough from my mates). To the OT, I hope Carroll works out for the irons, was never really given a chance with us.
    Dude i just busted out laughing in a doctor's office at 'ovalhand team'!
    We can keep this thread true...if we give up completely then stupid ovalhand wins
    Im a little outdated...talking carroll formerly of newcastle yah?

Post Count
    Liverpool here also. We'll come good eventually, big mistake giving up on Carroll though, he'll shine at west ham.. YNWA

Post Count

Oh those crazy refs...
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by boardgames rule View Post
    Yea but the refs were really bad in the last few minuets. They gave the 49ers 2 more timeouts and 2 challages that they shouldnt of had. Now thats bad. 5 timeout in a half?????????? When was that rule started?
    The refs have been awful in all the week 2 and 3 games. Maybe it was because I didn't watch too much of week 1...but these last 2 have been comically bad. I was watching RedZone yesterday and over the course of maybe 20-30 minutes there were 3 or 4 successfully challenged fumbles that were blown dead as down by contact. Not sure why they don't let them play anymore.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count

trololol
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Banned
    Post Count
    Go away ovalhand troll!!!
    Now research the amt of time a proper football spends in the goalies mitts and the amount of time an ovalhand object spends in direct contact w a foot...
    Last edited by Deluxe; 09-24-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragmondino View Post
    You must of been pretty good. You still play? That was a good united team, very attacking and enjoyed the game as they played. None of today's prima donnas and some of the best players to play in the premiership. Loved sheringham when he came to play at west ham, one of the best footballing brains I've seen. Do they show the premiership out there then? I'm going to a game on wednesday, a cup game, west ham vs Wigan. Taking my 10yo nephew getting him addicted to it all.
    And for the last time stop talking about big girls who have to wear padding to play Proffesional sports!!
    If there's one American sport I like its basketball. For some strange reason always use to follow the charlotte hornets. They still about at all??
    So you start a football thread so we don't hijack all other threads, the thread is hijacked by someone talking about American football, then you hijack your own thread talking about Basketball, next thing you know some one will start going on about CRIME CITY
    []

Post Count
    Why do soccer fans always think the name of the game somehow means kicking the ball. Go look up the history of the name "soccer", champ. The brits made it up to distinguish "association football" from "rugby football." Wait... what? You mean ANOTHER game called football that's played by carrying the ball? And the BRITS called it football?

Read and learn, chief.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm gonna start a campaign for a new game called Ovalhand

Rules:

Each game last 60 minutes spread out over bloody hours.

You can have tons and tons of players but most of them will only play for about 30 secs every hour.

Fat kids are allowed to play aswell.

Unlimited body armour

Use of girls dancing in little skirts is compulsory to make it slightly interesting.

Over excited commentators is a must.

I'll think of some more later

Post Count
    To be honest asking for it not to be hijacked just let the trolls in. After it swept everyone away the discussions just carried on ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Sav Clarke View Post
    I'm gonna start a campaign for a new game called Ovalhand
    My teacher had a game called "thunderdome". Turn all the lights off and throw medicine balls around at each other, last one alive passed the class.
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Why do soccer fans always think the name of the game somehow means kicking the ball. Go look up the history of the name "soccer", champ. The brits made it up to distinguish "association football" from "rugby football." Wait... what? You mean ANOTHER game called football that's played by carrying the ball? And the BRITS called it football?

Read and learn, chief.
    Go over the pond and see what it is called in real life. I could live behind the pages of a book or the webpages with the masses of information available on the interwebs and in either case i could easily 'look up' anything to serve my specific interests but the fact remains that the following things are true: first, colloquially speaking, 'football' is the proper term; second, you are still trolling this thread

Post Count
    "I could live behind the pages of a book or webpages of the mass of information available on the interwebs and in either case i could easily 'look up' anything to serve my interests"

tldr: Oh you trolls and your silly "facts"... I don't have to "read" or "learn" things!
    Still mad at Bostick.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    "I could live behind the pages of a book or webpages of the mass of information available on the interwebs and in either case i could easily 'look up' anything to serve my interests"

tldr: Oh you trolls and your silly "facts"... I don't have to "read" or "learn" things!
    Dated facts no doubt.
    Ill let the english blokes chime in to correct your misgivings...
    And yes, much can be learned by experiencing life first hand and not simply relying on what is put to page but you wouldnt make a living yourself if you subscribed to that belief as a lawyer (right?) so i get it