The football thread - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The football thread

Post Count
    Yeah, but not this year. He'll throw at least one interception and be sacked four times.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Yeah, but not this year. He'll throw at least one interception and be sacked four times.
    I don't buy that's all his fault. Other than their defense, Lynch (and eventually Wilson), the rest of the team is pretty poor. I mean, come on, Sidney Rice as a WR1?
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Banned
    Post Count
    Oi this is the football thread, none of that American stuff. Good English premier league football. Stop de railing my thread

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    I don't buy that's all his fault. Other than their defense, Lynch (and eventually Wilson), the rest of the team is pretty poor. I mean, come on, Sidney Rice as a WR1?
    Not saying it's all his fault, but he would benefit from sitting the bench a couple years. Why bring in Flynn if not to use him as a stop-gap for a year or two while your future starter matures? That said, I'm still not sold that Wilson is as good as you think he is. He's still too short to be more than a mediocre quarterback in the NFL in my opinion.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Not saying it's all his fault, but he would benefit from sitting the bench a couple years. Why bring in Flynn if not to use him as a stop-gap for a year or two while your future starter matures? That said, I'm still not sold that Wilson is as good as you think he is. He's still too short to be more than a mediocre quarterback in the NFL in my opinion.
    Sure, I understand the current obsession with height in the NFL, and no ones expecting rings this year...but the best way to get Wilson ready to lead his team to a Super Bowl is to get him experience in pressure situations. You really think Matt Flynn's going to take them there? Eh, I don't see it. Wilson is infectious, from all accounts. He's got that Tebow-like mentality and more personality than RG-III. I'll take those qualities over being 6 foot 3 any day.
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Post Count
    I strongly believe that the reason Aaron Rodgers was ready to play when called instead of having seven years of waffling like Alex Smith is because he sat the bench behind Brett Favre for three years. College players USUALLY aren't ready for the NFL right away, and Wilson wasn't even a premier college quarterback.

Whether it's better to let them learn under fire or gradually under someone's tutelage is beyond my pay grade, but it's a concern. Either way, Clay Matthews is going to eat him tonight =P
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    No doubt there. As long as Finley doesn't put up big numbers, I'm ok with any outcome.
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Post Count
    What do you have against Finley? Is this a fantasy thing?
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Yes. After Cam Newton's awful performance (and Gronk not getting many touches) I'm barely squeaking by.
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragmondino View Post
    I'm not angry but you have been so misled. Manchester United, spurs and arsenal!! Such Unpassionate fans who have no real football knowledge and has delusions of grandeur. We hammers fans are passionate and vocal, some of the loudest and best around. Even had countless films made about our exploits. Although in honesty most are garbage and nowhere near the truth. You support an American team? You got some good players, won't be long before the us start making a huge impact on the world level.
    I guess when youre across the pond like me you dont have those insights into the actual fan base. As a teen coming up and wanting something fun to watch i think its undeniable that york and cole and cantona and young giggs and young scholesy and the treble etc isnt a perfect calling for that. I appreciate very much what you are getting at but im too far detached to live in that experience as you are. Which is too bad considering how much i love me some footie! Ive been to england twice to play...once a youth tourney in torquay and once as a senior in hs and we played barnsley, rotherham, sheffield (united and wednesday) reserve u-18 squads. Pretty phenomenal experience for an american with a budding love for the game...

Post Count
    Sorry all you fans, but the best team out there is the one I've followed since I was a young child. The Big Blue Wrecking Crew, the New York Giants ^^

Now that we actually have a running game, we're more dangerous than ever. Manning is in the prime of his career, the offensive line is all veterans, and the rookies are catching like seasoned receivers. With Victor Cruz drawing double coverage, there were receivers open left and right during that 36-7 route of the panthers.

...That personal foul call was nonsense... <.<

Carolina fans...teach your special teams how to secure the ball please?
    Level: 238 - Mafia: 500
    Fights Won/Lost: 42,695/7,013
    Robberies Won/Lost: 22,601/587
    Attack: 53,285,488
    Defense: 42,211,410
    IPH: $14,972,834
    Syndicate: HTC White
    Updated: 5/21/14 11:21 PM EST
    Add me! - 544754891
    Add me! - 113853218

.:|Twitter: https://twitter.com/Saw_JaD |:.
    .:|Help me get a partnership! - www.youtube.com/user/eQXIIX |:.

Post Count

No seriously... cowboys suck. But what does that say about the luckiest team in NFL history?
    Still mad at Bostick.

Banned
    Post Count
    You must of been pretty good. You still play? That was a good united team, very attacking and enjoyed the game as they played. None of today's prima donnas and some of the best players to play in the premiership. Loved sheringham when he came to play at west ham, one of the best footballing brains I've seen. Do they show the premiership out there then? I'm going to a game on wednesday, a cup game, west ham vs Wigan. Taking my 10yo nephew getting him addicted to it all.
    And for the last time stop talking about big girls who have to wear padding to play Proffesional sports!!
    If there's one American sport I like its basketball. For some strange reason always use to follow the charlotte hornets. They still about at all??

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryVIII View Post
    And the refs are worse than ever, I mean its almost comical
    Yea but the refs were really bad in the last few minuets. They gave the 49ers 2 more timeouts and 2 challages that they shouldnt of had. Now thats bad. 5 timeout in a half?????????? When was that rule started?
    Modern War
    Level 41
    827 432 930

Kingdom age
    Level 23
    871 461 927

Crime city
    level 33
    640 985 030

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragmondino View Post
    You must of been pretty good. You still play? That was a good united team, very attacking and enjoyed the game as they played. None of today's prima donnas and some of the best players to play in the premiership. Loved sheringham when he came to play at west ham, one of the best footballing brains I've seen. Do they show the premiership out there then? I'm going to a game on wednesday, a cup game, west ham vs Wigan. Taking my 10yo nephew getting him addicted to it all.
    And for the last time stop talking about big girls who have to wear padding to play Proffesional sports!!
    If there's one American sport I like its basketball. For some strange reason always use to follow the charlotte hornets. They still about at all??
    They are the bobcats now and owned by jordan and are one of the worst teams historically...
    I was quite good for my opportunities and the day and age i came up playing the sport in. Soccer was damn near unknown when i got into it so its at least cool to see the growth and progress the game has made since early 90's when i picked it up as a wee lad playing 'bunch ball' he he. I played division one (top division) college ball. Won a national championship playing junior college before transferring to 4-year san diego state. My goalie there was tally hall who made mls all star team and played in those summer show case games against european teams. Also played alongside some other mls and a-league players.
    I got to see leicester and sunderland play epl in 2000-01 and then some first division games while i was out there. Also backpacked europe in 2002 during month of June and got to LIVE the world cup experience on foreign soil so that was an unbelievable experience for me as well. Really miss the sport these days. Fox soccer channel plays games on basic cable and espn/espn 2 will replay champions league games during group stage while playing later knockout matches live. Gol tv is available on directv or satellite but i dont have that. A lot of stuff can be streamed online if im really desperate so thats a saving grace