How are people productive in pop/raid?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are people productive in pop/raid?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

How are people productive in pop/raid?

Ive been hearing people making their money thru raiding but I just don't see it. I go thru tons of kingdoms and rarely find anything worth raiding. And if I actually do find anything casualty rate is just too high. I'm lv 90 with 65k att and still loose units to 20k def. Granted I don't have my water temple upgraded but I don't see that making enough difference. 1 lost hydra can ruin most of my profit from raiding not to mention time wasted and worthless exp. So how are people making money?
    KA : 258-880-514
    MW : 130-331-621
    CC : 873-367-573

Post Count
    Like you, I find high casualty rates wipe out otherwise lucrative raiding runs. My power offensive weapon is an army of basilisks complemented with enough imps to keep my high priests from joining the fight. I don't mind losing 2-3 imps per attack if I'm going after a level 2 lender or a manor, but there are a good number of raids where I lose net worth. Sometimes it's worth it if I'm pushing for an upgrade and will be going over vault, so I look at it like I do when I sell buildings to upgrade. I'm converting units to gold at a premium, but it still may be worth it to get my building built without someone looting my unvaulted cash.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree. There is nothing lucrative about raiding sans the fact you can gain honor pts.
    Also, the casualty ratings are a joke. High Priest and Flaming Treb/Cats should be listed as VERY HIGH. Manticores, too.

In addition, I can go through probably 50 Kingdom's before I find anything to raid. If I try to fulfill the Tournament quests, when I need to attack 185's or greater, my Rival List will have nothing but those with a 275 alliance or greater.
    If I am on my last battle on a Tournament quest, I can guarantee that I will STRUGGLE to beat someone with a much lower across the board profile than mine.

It is SO predictable, that I almost don't even use the PVP portion anymore.

Consistent Contributor Great_wall2's Avatar
    Post Count
    The most reliable way to generate money is to build your economy, particularly through Manors/Lenders/Silos. This method is always a constant especially if you are a player with high stats. If you combine this with the occasional PVP/ Raiding and PVE you can generate a lot of gold at a good rate. However the higher level you are, generally the less overvault players you will find so you will need to rely more heavily on your economy. Raiding will still be viable but it is a lot of luck. Basically the earlier and faster you can enhance your economy the better because it will become much harder at the higher levels where the whales / sharks inevitably lurk.

If you continue to PVP then you need to build up your meat shields ie: lower costing high attack higher casualty units like catapults / imps. This will lower your overall attack density but will decrease the chance of losing high costing units such as hydras. Knowing this you will lose more of your meat shields more frequently so you will have to pick your targets more carefully to ensure a profit at the end.
    Last edited by Great_wall2; 09-11-2012 at 08:51 AM.
    MW: 887634148 Level 83 Xenophobic
    KA: 666385457 Level 115 Grendal
    MQ: 661030172. Level 15 Grendal
    Please PM me if you want me to add you as I need to make room for forum members.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Durwood View Post
    I agree. There is nothing lucrative about raiding sans the fact you can gain honor pts.
    Maybe if there are honor units worth getting it'll be worth it lol. At this point my honor points are just banked. Cannons and werewolves are now outdated for me now....

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Great_wall2 View Post

If you continue to PVP then you need to build up your meat shields ie: lower costing high attack higher casualty units like catapults / imps. This will lower your overall attack density but will decrease the chance of losing high costing units such as hydras. Knowing this you will lose more of your meat shields more frequently so you will have to pick your targets more carefully to ensure a profit at the end.
    I could be wrong but what I understood the casualty calculation is done by a percentage starting from highest att unit when u attack. So let's say I have 200 hydra with 72 att and 200 catapult with 54 att. Each hydra will roll for casualty based on casualty rate lets say .2%. If all hydra survive then catapult will roll next since lower att value let's say at 1% casualty. Since catapults are higher casualty rate it most likely will die but not before hydras survived the roll If any of the hydra dies then the rest will be rolled at a lower casualty percentage so less likely to loose another.
    If this is true then even if I stack on higher casualty units wouldn't my hydra still get rolled first so it doesn't
    matter? I can see this working on def units since u can get high priest to not enter battle at all when u attack. But isn't this strategy not work with protecting hydras?

Banned
    Post Count
    Just gotta keep looking. Just a few seconds ago, I found 2 level 10 silos on a player that is just 14K defense. Anything below 15K will not kill any of my units. And an hour before that, found a player with unvaulted gold. Must have gotten 25K gold out of him. I did lose a few units but adding it up, I still won.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I find it worthwhile to convert units to cash to upgrade but also to get rid of early level units you purchased as they tend to have higher casualty rates. I only attack players with level 7 or higher silos, manors, level 2 l.enders and of course unvaulted cash. I replace basilek losses in between upgrades.

Post Count

Does it helps if you upgrade boost buildings on figth the epic boss?

When i atack epick boss i atack with -1500 atack points that i have,why is that? So if my atack is 30000 on boss event is about 28500!

Banned
    Post Count
    my daily income using raids is about 200k. I also loose many units, but the net income is still considerable

Articulate Author Funkey monkey's Avatar
    Post Count
    Welcome to the forum DragCo. Boost buildings haven't helped with boss attack.

On topic, I use low cost imps as my main attack unit. My higher stats for my level comes from w/a, which I use as substitute indestructibles. I only raid level 10 silos. Raids seem to have fewer losses. I also prefer to attack with lower allies, seem to have fewer losses.
    IGN:Funkey monkey
    KA: 909164955
    MQ: 970090885
    Taking requests for Allies by PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    on an average day i make 200k on raiding as well. my raid number is over 12k. my attack density is decent at 157 and my main attack unit lost in raiding is the Siege Tower. one of the tricks is finding the sweet spots during the day and week when peoples' buildings are uncollected. they exist. sometimes i can hit a string of manors in an hour and it does not appear to be pure chance. and there are times when raiding is nearly worthless.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bgood View Post
    I find it worthwhile to convert units to cash to upgrade but also to get rid of early level units you purchased as they tend to have higher casualty rates. I only attack players with level 7 or higher silos, manors, level 2 l.enders and of course unvaulted cash. I replace basilek losses in between upgrades.
    How does one sell units back? On either of my accounts for iPhone or iPad , I have not seen that option.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danthorne View Post
    How does one sell units back? On either of my accounts for iPhone or iPad , I have not seen that option.
    Unfortunately there isn't any option to sell units or equipments
    Kingdom Age: Serboy

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Danthorne View Post
    I think what he means is that when saving for big upgrades over the vault limits, you raid constantly to earn money while losing units (hence effectively trading or selling your units for cash to reduce time spent over the vault limit). For the most part, I only raid while over the vault limit. If I am not over it, it takes a large score to get me interested.
    CC: Sold up and moved on
    KA: 227 478 302
    MW: 176 838 388