1 day 9/11 Amnesty messages. Really?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 day 9/11 Amnesty messages. Really?

Banned
    Post Count

1 day 9/11 Amnesty messages. Really?

I'm seeing Wall messages talking about a one-day 'no attacks, no robs' CC amnesty in remembrance of 9/11.

I don't wish to belittle that sentiment, but we didn't have any kind of one-day amnesty for Armistice Day.

For the record, Armistice Day commemorates the 37 million soldiers and civilians injured or killed during World War 1, and the 60 million that were killed (2.5% of the world population at the time) during World War 2.

Whilst we should all of course be humbled by the events of 9/11, and naturally spare a thought and a prayer for those that lost their lives - bringing it here to the game seems a little tacky in my opinion.

I'll be remembering 9/11 in my own way, with a silent prayer and a raised glass, no fanfare or fuss, and will continue playing the game as normal.

If you do want to honor people in the game, then perhaps extend your gratitude to active CC players like Jake, who are serving in Afghanistan currently.

Last edited by Burn; 09-10-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Yes, this is really silly.

Banned
    Post Count
    Good post Burn.

Thank you Jake!

Post Count
    Burn this just goes to show how completely nuts most people are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crime City Mark View Post
    Hahaha,

I have a story about that. I probably shouldn't share it. Kinda lame, actually. Forget I said anything.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mnju_03 View Post
    Burn this just goes to show how completely nuts most people are.
    I agree. I get annoyed every year around this time with the non-stop 9/11 stuff on tv.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post
    I agree. I get annoyed every year around this time with the non-stop 9/11 stuff on tv.
    Must be nice to be able to get annoyed about it, every time I see it all I get is flashbacks of running away from a falling building, knowing 8 cops and 4 Firemen who didn't make it out, and then inhaling toxic dust for 6 months at the world trade center site and the staten island landfill.... So yeah, definitely just wish I could be annoyed about it.
    Coming soon to your hood..........

Banned
    Post Count
    I noticed a lot of the CCB mafia and CN mafia (initials may actually be wrong) sending messages to CK guys suggesting this 'day of peace' which seems like them just looking for a way to not get mullered all day

It's obviously not a laughing matter but there are real ways of paying respects that will actually mean something in the real world

Banned
    Post Count
    @Jtstar7539.

I think Spaghetti is demeaning the media for wringing it dry for the sake of TV ratings - he isn't demeaning the tragedy itself, and I'm certain he means no disrespect to those directly affected.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    @Jtstar7539.

I think Spaghetti is demeaning the media for wringing it dry for the sake of TV ratings - he isn't demeaning the tragedy itself, and I'm certain he means no disrespect to those directly affected.
    Thanks for clarifying that, Burn. You're exactly right.

Post Count
    9/11 is the anniversary of my divorce...

I'm probably the only happy person partying on that day... ( ._.)

GONNA GET MUH DRUNK ON!!!!! \(*0*)/

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Sorry about going off before, obviously a sore subject for me.
    Coming soon to your hood..........

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtstar7439 View Post
    Sorry about going off before, obviously a sore subject for me.
    No worries.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly1 View Post
    I noticed a lot of the CCB mafia and CN mafia (initials may actually be wrong) sending messages to CK guys suggesting this 'day of peace' which seems like them just looking for a way to not get mullered all day
    The day of peace was the idea of CN's leader and CK's leadership have decided to adopt it. Both mafias were spanking CCB last few days 😜
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Burn, I had the pleasure of being in London on Armistice Day a few years ago, and got to see first hand how seriously and reverently the British people take it. It was a very good perspective for an American. If people want to do something to remember a tragedy of any kind, perhaps they might think about donating the price of a vault of gold to their favorite relief organization or other charity
    Geo. 250

Post Count
    While remembering 9/11 or indeed any atrocity or disaster is commendable, the idea of doing it in a game like this is just pointless.

The whole point of a game like this is escapism, a little light relief from the drudgery of everyday life, work, kids etc, why bring the tragedy of 9/11 into the game world?

There are far better ways of paying your respects.