Exhausting guide to NC build/upgrade order - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exhausting guide to NC build/upgrade order

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    Sure, and if you want to get into banking or accounting this sort of exercise is pretty much the foundation of what you'll be doing. A lot of real world application in running a business, too. The nice thing about CC is that it's risk-free.
    Yeah I know. I own a small business and I'm also in grad school for MBA and an MHA and many of the things we learn usually can be applied to the game. If I were ever a finance professor I would recommend the game to my students.

Post Count
    I haven't run that scenario, but I'd guess that it's correct, Dudeman.

0>1, 1>2, 0>1, 1>2, 2>3, 2>3, and so on. After getting them to level 3 you're probably better off doing other (somewhat cheaper) upgrades (like Upscales, Lofts, Hotels, Condos maybe even Credit Agencies) while constantly stashing some money towards the mid-tier NCs.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha54 View Post
    All the advice - points to upgrading the 1st one - since you almost have the money - stick with that plan. Upgrade isn't as long as the build but don't ask me what it was.........lol
    lol, I think it's around 60hrs, but compared to the 143hrs I think it takes to build, it's definitely worth it. The only problem is, I don't know how many days have gone by since I had the original 40mil. I'll probably break even timewise.
    Level 110
    Attack 3,671,362
    Defense 3,756,677
    Income per hour $1,945,169

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    Nice post. Both my NCs have been at level 3 for some time now, but I got them there doing pretty much what it says in the OP.

I built the first NC, started the upgrade to level 2 and started building the second NC before the upgrade was complete. I did a cheaper upgrade (I forget what) while waiting for the second NC to finish, and when that random upgrade finished I had enough saved to do the second NC level 2 upgrade. That might be the only thing I didn't see in the OP, but I figured it made sense to upgrade that straight away instead of waste time saving another $45M for the level 3 upgrade. By the time the level 2 upgrade was done I was close enough to affording a level 3 upgrade anyways, so it worked out pretty well.
    I've been following the same methodology, doing some lower level upgrades in the process, but not taking too much away from the income going towards the level 2 NC upgrade.
    Level 110
    Attack 3,671,362
    Defense 3,756,677
    Income per hour $1,945,169

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Great post! Working on my first NC.....wasn't sure how I was going to go about the future investments. This is very helpful! This should be added to the "Best of the Best" guides. Thank-you for taking he time to put this together.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    lol, I think it's around 60hrs, but compared to the 143hrs I think it takes to build, it's definitely worth it. The only problem is, I don't know how many days have gone by since I had the original 40mil. I'll probably break even timewise.
    It takes like like 2 months to break even a lvl 1 NC, and like half that time to recuperate a lvl 2 upgrade, so best to upgrade ASAP.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Also worth noting that this analysis should apply to all type A buildings (modifying payout values a bit).

Post Count
    Kudos mxz for thread!

Should also chuck in optimum income for build/upgrade.
    If I remember, it was around 450kph, that you can do back to back build and upgrade to lvl2.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Kudos mxz for thread!

Should also chuck in optimum income for build/upgrade.
    If I remember, it was around 450kph, that you can do back to back build and upgrade to lvl2.
    $400k/hr if you can rob what you don't make.

Post Count
    where's WF when you need him? he did different calculations. found it was actually (shockingly) better to build one and upgrade it to ten before even BUILDING the second one. it was b/c of the drastic increase of iph per NC level compared to the cheaper NC upgrades with less iph gain. he would go into more depth on it. let's see if he sees this thread
    I haven't played since 2012... I heard there was inflation since, lol.
    NAME LVL BONUS INCOME ATT : DEF
    MW Dreno33 60 UK 3XX,XXX,XXX 66,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX : 68,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX
    CC TheDreno33 62 Tycoon 70,XXX,XXX 9,XXX,XXX,XXX : 7,XXX,XXX,XXX
    GREE bought Funzio's games for $210 Million! Why?
    I downloaded it for free!

Post Count
    Beautiful thread for explaining it officially.

I feel very sad that nobody around me with financial related majors playing CC.
    Will finish my second lvl3 NC in a week, I'm seeing the light of 1million IpH!!
    Started on Dec 10 2011
    MW 183 657 097 IpH 9,500,000

Started on Feb 5 2012
    CC 357 749 226 IpH 16,500,000

Started on April 19 2012
    KA 885 307 144 IpH 45000

A good death is its Own reward.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreno33 View Post
    where's WF when you need him? he did different calculations. found it was actually (shockingly) better to build one and upgrade it to ten before even BUILDING the second one. it was b/c of the drastic increase of iph per NC level compared to the cheaper NC upgrades with less iph gain. he would go into more depth on it. let's see if he sees this thread
    Given unlimited cash this makes sense. You're basically saying you don't care about IRR because you don't need the returns to reinvest - the NPV alone gives you value from the upgrades. While not trivial, you could calculate the point at which that makes the most sense by assuming a certain period, but I'm guessing it's high enough that you'd be able to build the second immediately after the first (while also upgrading the first).
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    It was a thread you started...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...l-9-60k-income

He didn't provide any math to backup his statement and it goes against popular opinion.
    NC1->L2->NC2

Post Count
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...651#post379651
    Check post #43.
    Started on Dec 10 2011
    MW 183 657 097 IpH 9,500,000

Started on Feb 5 2012
    CC 357 749 226 IpH 16,500,000

Started on April 19 2012
    KA 885 307 144 IpH 45000

A good death is its Own reward.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    So basically going two lvl 1 nightclub route gives you a quicker return on your investment, while upgrading one to lvl 3 first is the better long-term investment.

One thing that is relevant to the second scenario is the amount of money you aren't able to collect in the time while the NC is upgrading. Have you taken that into account?
    BoB Campers
    lvl 250
    IPH 15.4m
    14.7m/14.3m
    541-934-789