GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No banking at high levels

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count

No banking at high levels

Are you someone that doesn't have free banking? but you want to maximize your income? And happen to be a high level? then this thread is for you.

I've been getting a lot of questions on my wall recently about not banking and I also see a lot of forum members starting to hit the income where it can be considered. So I thought I'd break down my experience so far and let others decide if it's for them. It's worth noting that this is for players on the low side of attack and defense stats. I'm personally creeping up to 50k/50k.

A good place to start if you decide not banking is a route you want to consider is this well put together thread by Nicholost. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-Bank-Analysis It breaks down the math quite nicely. This scenario has a few differences but that's the gist of it.

The downside,

We'll get the obvious question out of the way first "Do you get attacked constantly carrying all that dough?" The simple answer is yes almost assuredly. If your win loss record is something you take pride in or you have specific rivals that you don't want to give a dime to, then this probably isn't for you. You will get attacked from all sides whenever that orange icon is above your head. So why do I do it? we'll get to that.

The Math,

The important stuff you need to know is that is the max amount of money you can lose to rivals per day from attacks is 3.6 million dollars or euros or w/e. in order to counteract that you need to be making 36 million per day or conveniently 1.5 million an hour.

Should you start at 1.5 million an hour? I would say no. in order for this to be worth your time I'd recommend that you're making at least 2 million an hour in collectible income. This means if you don't collect your nightclubs 4 times a day your income will need to be higher. Also if you're upgrading a Nightclub your actual income will be less, it's something to take into account.

Why it works for me,

As a neutral player, relatively small gold spender and a generally mellow person. I've never had any long standing rivalries, so it's very easy for me to not worry about who I get attacked by. This is crucial. You don't want to be getting angry over petty attacks even if you are losing 300k every 2 hours, if you do you won't last long.

What I get out of it,

When I was making 3 million an hour it equaled 72 million per day, If you're only losing 3.6 million a day then you're making 5% more then you would be by banking. Sure it's not a tremendous amount but it adds up.

Collecting,

This point might vary from person to person but for me I withdraw 1 $ after every collection to sync my hood with the servers. The reason being that if I collect then leave my app open CC doesn't register the collection therefore my buildings could still be robbed. You don't want that.

TLDR If you're making over 2 million an hour and don't mind getting your butt kicked all day this could be for you
    Last edited by Euchred; 09-05-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Post Count
    Good read. Just be sure to never reveal the secrets of ping pong banking
    Bandito - Level 200
    Indian

Post Count
    Good read...... Have you monitored how many times a day you actually get hit for $300,000?

I would assume that there would be some time between attacks, before someone notices you on the list again. The max amount of losses a day would be 12. How close are you coming to getting attacked 12 unique times in 24 hours.

That would change the math slightly. And defensive explosives, as I have found out, entirely make no-banking a futile endeavor. Losing a cool million in explosives on top of the $300k hurts a bit.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    Never, if they can't figure it out themselves they don't deserve it. It does take some special skills though and pretty specific circumstances.

@ Murda not a day goes by in which I don't lose the full 3.6 million, it would have to be broken down into weeks to see if I actually might have saved something extra. Defensive explosives are a big no no for anyone with my stats at level 200 never mind not banking too. My stats including 500 mafia.
    Last edited by Euchred; 09-04-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Post Count
    Do you know what is the most safe mafia bracket for no banking at level 200?

I am level 114, casual spender with 47k/47k (top 0.5% in stats of my level or so) and i must drop to 300. There i am safe but not with 500. Dammit, the CK guys are professional pirates LOL.

Is not a problem (except with boss events) because still i can do the TL goals but not sure if i can do it with 300 at level 200. Will I see there the 500 mafia enemies having 300?
    Last edited by Khayman; 09-04-2012 at 09:54 PM.

MW: 599 844 556
    MQ: 882 954 343

Banned
    Post Count
    Thanks for this thread, Euchred. I've been meaning to ask one of your high iph players this for awhile.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Khayman View Post
    Do you know what is the most safe mafia bracket for no banking at level 200?

I am level 114, casual spender with 47k/47k (top 0.5% in stats of my level or so) and i must drop to 300. There i am safe but not with 500. Dammit, the CK guys are professional pirates LOL.

Is not a problem (except with boss events) because still i can do the TL goals but not sure if i can do it with 300 at level 200. Will I see there the 500 mafia enemies having 300?
    You will not see 500 mafia @ at level 200 until you have 414 in your mafia.

Post Count
    Great subject to bring up Euchred! I also wanted to mention that there is a "No-Banking Test Sheet" in the 4.0 version of the spreadsheet. It's a great tool that helped me determine the effectiveness of not banking! It's very easy to use, and will tell you if not banking is making you money or losing you money!
    CC "All-In-One" Spreadsheet version 4.0
    Tutorial on "Selling Low Level Buildings:"
    Part 1
    Part 2

Post Count

Thumbs up

Euchred - great thread! I might have to try this when I get up there.

I have been on&off, semi-no-banking a couple of months now, meaning I leave out what I collect or no bank what I don't spend on explosives, usually under 100K. It's no big deal to me to lose $ or attacks, but it makes me happy when players think they "caught me with my pants down," (figuratively, of course!) when, in reality, I let them have it, the $ was there for the taking. They were going to attack me anyway & I can always rob them later for more if I want. All in good fun!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    I wish I could play ping pong...

Post Count
    Awesome post. Been no banking with no problems untill recently lvl 126. Good to know what it will take in the upper lvls to no bank profitably.
    THE SAMCRO / The IndiansTM

"Sometimes I wish we could hit them over the head, rob them, and throw their bodies in the creek." - Al Swearengen

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Thanks guys and gals

@ khayman The experience I have with bracketing in the shark pool is that I dropped to 340 once and it wasn't low enough. it seemed only one specific person with 500 mafia could see me so they hit me relentlessly. But there were others at low counts that attacked me but they were easier to befriend. It seems like something you would have to test. I personally wouldn't drop, I like hanging out with my pals at 500.

Banned
    Post Count
    Nice summary. OP out of interest do you get hit for 300k every 2 hours at level 200?

I may be missing something with that ping pong comment so someone feel free to pm me what that's all about!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly1 View Post
    Nice summary. OP out of interest do you get hit for 300k every 2 hours at level 200?

I may be missing something with that ping pong comment so someone feel free to pm me what that's all about!
    +1 if it for real ....
    CC Retired 10/22/11 to 12/16/13

Banned
    Post Count
    Very very annoying, every day I see Euchred (and BOS) on my rival list.

Both guys are good peoples, so I got no reason to attack them, this means every time I see their names I have to fight the desire to rob them, knowing I could grab 30K plus R for every hit.

Very very annoying :P
    Last edited by Burn; 09-12-2012 at 12:01 AM.