GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Random "quickie" Questions

Lurker
    Post Count

a few newbie Qs

Hello,
    I started KA recently as byproduct of tapjoy and after trying a bit I actually like it more than my old crime city. Although they are not that different, I have a few questions:

1. Energy, most precious imo, but I cant figure out when it refills to max although those 3 energy/min could never have filled it up. Is there a some random refill???
    2. Most people post not to level up fast.....why? I power level during events to get the refill and to improve my hero's power....-wrong???
    3. From CC i learned not to add to many allies unless i can equip them with good items - same here?
    4. at lvl 87 I have 112 hero strength and 20 stamina (and 7 mistakes is that ok? I assume the guilds thing changes a bit into favor for pvp/stamina?
    5. at my level I have now a hero weapon with 58/66 and armor 34/89. Now i would assume my minimum attack is 58+34=92 and a random 1-112 from hero strength which should average ~150 damage. is that correct? if so....its lower! /me angry
    6. whats a good allie/attack power ratio to add new allies? I have only 10 allies now and kinda like it with 27k Attack/defense. finding lots of people to farm, however of course i miss out on those boss fight events which need max army power.
    7. joining a good guild requires max army power rather than ratio?
    8. better hero equipment - i guess only from events?

Sorry for all those questions but they bother me quite a while now....and many thanks for your answers ^_^

and btw i'm not a spender.....

Consistent Contributor Jean marc's Avatar
    Post Count
    Anyone having problem accessing the chat in the guild, all my guild members cannot access the chat. We sent ticket to gree. Just want to know if we are the only guild with this problem.

Thank you
    jean marc

Lawful good does not always mean lawful nice.

Lurker
    Post Count
    no problems with the chat...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean marc View Post
    Anyone having problem accessing the chat in the guild, all my guild members cannot access the chat. We sent ticket to gree. Just want to know if we are the only guild with this problem.

Thank you
    No problem here either.

Must be just you guys... sorry to hear. get yourselves a forum or something (probably more reliable)

Consistent Contributor Jean marc's Avatar
    Post Count
    Thanks for the reply, will send a ticket to gree.
    jean marc

Lawful good does not always mean lawful nice.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by V3nti View Post
    Hello,
    I started KA recently as byproduct of tapjoy and after trying a bit I actually like it more than my old crime city. Although they are not that different, I have a few questions:

1. Energy, most precious imo, but I cant figure out when it refills to max although those 3 energy/min could never have filled it up. Is there a some random refill???
    2. Most people post not to level up fast.....why? I power level during events to get the refill and to improve my hero's power....-wrong???
    3. From CC i learned not to add to many allies unless i can equip them with good items - same here?
    4. at lvl 87 I have 112 hero strength and 20 stamina (and 7 mistakes is that ok? I assume the guilds thing changes a bit into favor for pvp/stamina?
    5. at my level I have now a hero weapon with 58/66 and armor 34/89. Now i would assume my minimum attack is 58+34=92 and a random 1-112 from hero strength which should average ~150 damage. is that correct? if so....its lower! /me angry
    6. whats a good allie/attack power ratio to add new allies? I have only 10 allies now and kinda like it with 27k Attack/defense. finding lots of people to farm, however of course i miss out on those boss fight events which need max army power.

Sorry for all those questions but they bother me quite a while now....and many thanks for your answers ^_^

Although energy does refresh at a rate of 3 per minute... i have noticed that I occasionally have a large amount added back to my bar for some unknown reason. I'm not sure on the pattern here but i think it is level dependant as to how much you get or how often as my friend who is a high level gets more than me.

It is recommended not to level up too quickly. This is called 'camping' this is where you increase your unit buildings, money buildings and purchase many expansions, units and equipment to get ahead of players at your current level.

Camping can be done for any length of time... the longer.. the more powerful you become, but this means that you miss out on limited time quests and their epic rewards which are indestructable. Some players (including myself) are semi-campers. I dont do the normal chain of quests or do anything to level up other than limited time quests. this way i can maximise my stats through units, equipment and epic units.

your MAXIMUM possible hit is your best weapon + armor + hero strength. but this is completely random and your lucky if you hit it. my maximum is probably 150ish, i normally only see 120's though with the occasional 140

Add as many allies as you can for your level, players can attack downwards. if someone has 300 allies and you have 200, then can still attack you so you may aswell add the extra 100 to take advantage of the increased stats to give you a bit more of a fighting chance

yes hero equipment comes from events and yes, attack and defence stats will count towards guilds.

hope that helps? if i missed anything just let me know

Post Count
    Hello,

For whatever reason, every once in awhile, you end up with some extra energy. Consider it a bonus from the "things just sometimes work out your way" gods.

If you level up quickly, your army won't be as strong as everybody else's is at whatever level you end up at. You will be picked on and bullied frequently and will have difficulty saving money for anything larger than your vault can hold. Levelling normally means you're on par with everyone else and levelling slowly means you will have the means and capacity to fend off most rivals and build a great and glorious kingdom and army. But there are shortcuts ($ $), too, if you're impatient.

Sort of... there IS pretty cheap equipment out there, so it can be advantageous to fill out your army to max allies and give them some broken bottles to fight with until you can afford better units and equipment. YMMV.

Events can be either PvP, PvE, random box, or a combination of the above. Stamina is great for PvP, hero strength for PvE. I'm sure you've been playing enough to decide if you want more attack stamina or more PvE damage.

There's been no generally accepted formula for how damage is calculated, except that raising your equipment and hero strength do add to it. Different monsters have different ranges of damage to them as well, so suffice to say that more is always better, but the exact formula is a big foggy.

Add allies as you can afford units and weapons for them. Some people try to get by with minimum allies, but you have no chance at any boss event whatsoever this way. Also, people with 5x to 10x as many allies as you will always be able to see you, and probably kick your butt, so are you really getting ahead with such a low ally count? Most players *but not all, admittedly) will agree that max allies = best way to move forward, provided you can provide good units for them.

Joining a good guild usually means being frequently active, having good overall stats (attack, defense, and some even income per hour), and a willingness to donate some scratch to the guild coffers. However, there are some camper guilds out there that don't plan to war that would probably not care about your A/D stats.

I'm fairly sure that if you showed up to a guild war with 10 allies, you might as well be wearing a neon sign that said, "Fresh Meat".

Yes, probably the only way to get better equipment than what you have is through an event. You don't always have to spend money to get better gear, but you do have to work at it and maybe get a little lucky sometimes.

Post Count
    How many posts does one need to acquire to start a thread?

Post Count
    Actually.... Why can I only post responses but not threads?

Consistent Contributor MindMachine's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hi all,is there a stat reset here?Thanks

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    MindMachine, welcome to the forum, no there`s no reset....

CJ54 commented it in this thread....

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ish-List/page2
    Last edited by EiZ; 03-05-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Kingdom Age

Level >100 IPH: >21K

All forum members are welcome! Requests by pm!

//E

Consistent Contributor MindMachine's Avatar
    Post Count
    I see,just jumped in directly to the last page cause its too long to read..thanks

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JBearden13 View Post
    How many posts does one need to acquire to start a thread?
    10 posts - i'm new and had the same question, like i guess every new forum member has....lol.
    They should really post it when opening an account

Lurker
    Post Count

Please advice

Im fairly new to this game (2 weeks) and I see a lot of experienced players, so maybe someone can advise. Im on ipad 4th gen and since yesterday locked out of the game due to invalid data errors. Deleting and reinstalling didnt solve anything and support hasnt responded yet. I was wondering if putting back a recent itunes backup of my device causes harm to my player stats. Im at level 66, in H-mode of current quest and have gems in my account. So one can imagine I dont want to jeopardise that. On the other hand I would really want to continue questing as its lucrative business. Any advice? Will i kill things irreparable by using backup?

Lurker
    Post Count

Play style

Since Im locked out of the game and cant play anyway, maybe I may post another question that intrigues me. Why is everybody bothering to achieve the high income per hour? Why spend time, gold and kingdom space on buildings that hardly earn a lot and only attract others to raid or attack me? If I just stick to troop and bonus buildings I need far less expanding, far less time and gold on upgrading and Im an unattractive target. Im way up lvl 66 now with attack and defense just above 50k and I make a fortune by stealing gold from others. Am I being shortsighted here?