Random "quickie" Questions - Page 11

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Random "quickie" Questions

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bgood View Post
    Figured as much...at level 81 with max vault..camping with some PVP attacking, hoping to get a BD at lvl 10 without too much levling up.

Another question:

A army is capped based on your allowable army # (based on ally count,etc). so at levle 81 with 405 allies i can bring 1,215 units each with its own armor and weapon....i have well over the 1,215 in units...What determines what units are brought in an attack? What determines what units defend from an attack? To Simplify if I had an army of 2 and I had 4 units in my inventory 2 basileks or 2 high priests. If I attack will it bring the 2 basileks? If Im attacked will it use the HP or the basilek because it has a higher combined A/D? This may of been mentioned but i couldnt find a reference
    When you attack, the top 1215 units with highest attack in your inventory will be used. And when you are attacked by a rival, the top 1215 units with the highest defense stat will be used.

MW: 126 058 489
    CC: 312 373 670
    KA: 429 627 930

MLB Full Deck : 9K7W52

Post Count
    Bgood - you attack using your units with the highest attack and defend with your units with the highest defence.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Falcon View Post
    I hardly do any pvp, I tend to lose more in terms of losses than what i gain in gold, regardless of casualty rates, I lost 2 lich's and 1 death knight (total 9400 gold) in 1 attack with someone with 1/4 of my stats. As those units are low and very low casaulty respectively. My income comes mainly from collections and what I get from opens. l10 lumber mill, I need to work on that, completely ignored that up until this point when I just looked. Guess it'll be a little while longer before I go to 50.
    I'm sure you've read about the PvE trick where you save the last boss hit on a bunch of maps until you're ready to take your BD to level 10. You probably have high hero strength so this would be a good tactic for you.
    KA - Jon Snow "Winter is coming." Climate change in Westeros is a b****.

CC - Sue "My name is Sue. How do you do. Now you're gonna die."

MW - PFC Kittelsen "In honor of Norwegian actress Agnes Kittelsen".

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by John Snow View Post
    I'm sure you've read about the PvE trick where you save the last boss hit on a bunch of maps until you're ready to take your BD to level 10. You probably have high hero strength so this would be a good tactic for you.
    On the upper level maps I have quite a few of the big bosses (last 5 maps unlocked at this point) on the last hit and for the most part I think my Hero Strength is high, sitting at 50 on lvl 49. I've invested plenty of skill points in this area mostly for pve and boss events (thinking there would be a difference, not sure if there is). I have them prepared for future upgrades and quick gold.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks Dr. Dengus & Bronson that helped a lot. So i can build a try to buy full HP army for defense and a full Baselik for attack to aid in my drive from BD5 to BD10. I plan on upgrading my money buildings and purchasing units at same time than trying to make a straight dash on BD upgrades.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thanks Dr. Dengus & Bronson that helped a lot. So i can build a try to buy full HP army for defense and a full Baselik for attack to aid in my drive from BD5 to BD10. I plan on upgrading my money buildings and purchasing units at same time than trying to make a straight dash on BD upgrades.
    Haven't read the last few pages, so might have missed something but why do you want a basilisk army? I would (and did) go straight from flaming catapults to hydras... Even then, I only 1/3-hydra'd (didn't need more).

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by YLL View Post
    Haven't read the last few pages, so might have missed something but why do you want a basilisk army? I would (and did) go straight from flaming catapults to hydras... Even then, I only 1/3-hydra'd (didn't need more).
    When you compare basilisks to hydras the attack points for gold spent on basilisks is better. So unless you are going for a full hydra army (which you said you haven't) it's better bang for buck with basilisks.

Hydra A/D = 40/36, cost $7600
    Basilisk A/D = 37/21, cost $5000

Hydra cost per attack point = $190
    Basilisk cost per attack point = $135

Or if you would prefer comparing the combined attack/defence points:

Hydra cost per combined A/D point = $100
    Basilisk cost per combined A/D point = $86

Or put another way, let's say you had 300K to spend on your army. You could buy 60 Basilisks for a total A/D of 2220/1260 or for the same cash, 39 Hydras for a total A/D of 1560/1404. The Basilisks are clearly the better deal. Of course if you have infinite funds and are just looking to fill up spots then the higher A/D the better.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by custos View Post
    When you compare basilisks to hydras the attack points for gold spent on basilisks is better. So unless you are going for a full hydra army (which you said you haven't) it's better bang for buck with basilisks.

Hydra A/D = 40/36, cost $7600
    Basilisk A/D = 37/21, cost $5000

Hydra cost per attack point = $190
    Basilisk cost per attack point = $135

Or if you would prefer comparing the combined attack/defence points:

Hydra cost per combined A/D point = $100
    Basilisk cost per combined A/D point = $86

Or put another way, let's say you had 300K to spend on your army. You could buy 60 Basilisks for a total A/D of 2220/1260 or for the same cash, 39 Hydras for a total A/D of 1560/1404. The Basilisks are clearly the better deal. Of course if you have infinite funds and are just looking to fill up spots then the higher A/D the better.
    That was exactly my thinking and I would not of laid out my response as well. My plan was go hp and baselik and then make a straight run to upgrade from bd 5 to 10 once my iph is better. While I upgrade my economy my in vaulted cash will go to units

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have an entirely different philosophy from you guys. My strategy in getting to BD10 was to be the baddest guy in my level/ally bracket - which worked very well indeed. I was able to - and did - crush anyone I met with basilisks.

EDIT: Just to be clear, what I was trying to say is that my belief - backed up by experience - is that buying basilisks is actually a false economy.
    Last edited by YLL; 09-14-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Post Count
    Just wanna clear one thing up, if you're going for BD10 in one clean swoop, why even buy Hydra's in the first place? Wouldn't that money be better saved for the BD 9 and 10 upgrades? Are they just a placeholder until you can afford to buy Dragon's efficiently?

MW: 126 058 489
    CC: 312 373 670
    KA: 429 627 930

MLB Full Deck : 9K7W52

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dengus View Post
    Just wanna clear one thing up, if you're going for BD10 in one clean swoop, why even buy Hydra's in the first place? Wouldn't that money be better saved for the BD 9 and 10 upgrades? Are they just a placeholder until you can afford to buy Dragon's efficiently?
    That was actually the idea. But I ran into a heavy-gem spender with an all-gem army on my BD9 run, the only guy who managed to inflict any losses on me - he took 60k of me, albeit losing half his attacks. So, I added some allies and a few hydras to boost my stats and dissuade him.

Initially, he tried to match my stat increases by also adding allies - but in the process, his densities suffered severely, whereas my degraded only slightly, thanks to my +9k IPH (up to 7.5k effective, depending on work and girlfriend). After a week of this (it would have been shorter but for a four-day holiday which meant I couldn't play much), he added me as an ally when I threatened to (but did not) take money off him when I caught him sitting on 450k.

In short, having high densities and decent IPH are important advantages that are very helpful in BD10 runs.
    Last edited by YLL; 09-14-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dengus View Post
    If you're not maxed out on hp's, I believe getting a couple hundred Hydras is a good idea on your way to bd10. It takes awhile to build up dragons so your Hydras will be going to battle for quite some time with you and fortify your stats. They also offer better A/D stats for 400 gold less than f.treb/hp combo and have lower casualty rate.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by YLL View Post
    I have an entirely different philosophy from you guys. My strategy in getting to BD10 was to be the baddest guy in my level/ally bracket - which worked very well indeed. I was able to - and did - crush anyone I met with basilisks.

EDIT: Just to be clear, what I was trying to say is that my belief - backed up by experience - is that buying basilisks is actually a false economy.
    Can you explain what you mean by false economy? Are you saying the losses in terms of battling with a basilisk army outweighs the cost upgrade of a hydra. I think if you take money out of the equation and time to build said army 100% I'd go hydra all the way. I don't have overwhelming stats but in my pvp experience I have run to only a few that would crush me at 32k def and that is without a single hp right now. Certainly there out there but what I'm worried about is the longer I delay getting to bd10 the more people who camped at lower levels to get to bd10 will fall in my bracket with dragon armies. Different strokes for different folks obviously your strategy was successful for you

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Can you explain what you mean by false economy? Are you saying the losses in terms of battling with a basilisk army outweighs the cost upgrade of a hydra. I think if you take money out of the equation and time to build said army 100% I'd go hydra all the way. I don't have overwhelming stats but in my pvp experience I have run to only a few that would crush me at 32k def and that is without a single hp right now. Certainly there out there but what I'm worried about is the longer I delay getting to bd10 the more people who camped at lower levels to get to bd10 will fall in my bracket with dragon armies. Different strokes for different folks obviously your strategy was successful for you
    I meant that Basilisks are not significantly more powerful than the Flaming Catapult-High Priest Combination, which will cost less (6.4k gold cost per pair) and should be sufficient to see you at least to BD8 (although you may need to sell Manors). Consequently, I favour this cheaper pairing to start with.

Once at BD8, should you need to, you would add replace some or all of the FC-HP combination with Hydras. If you go with Basilisks and run into trouble with them, you would probably have to upgrade to Hydras anyway - i.e. you'd end up spending much, much more gold and time doing a double upgrade for marginal gains.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Need help with a situation. I do a bunch of PvPing only hitting high value targets (manors, high level silo's...etc) and I hit someone with about 5k less defense than me. He has responded and keeps attacking me...granted he's getting chump change from my level 1 lenders and a level 4 silo. I've responded back hitting his silos. This has gone on 2 weeks now. Last week i offered to ally and stop...he doesn't. He tells me to stop attacking so i ask for a written truce. He attacks me again an hour after to get 1k from my libraries (probably lost more in units). Now I have a better army and prospects for a much better as he hasn't even build breeding den yet. Do I relentlessly attack him until he accepts my truce, do i drop it and let the daily 1k he steals from me go? Not sure of the best strategy. He has now built up his attack so he has 4k less Attack and 2k less defense than me. Any advice?