Random "quickie" Questions - Page 38

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Random "quickie" Questions

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by domw001 View Post
    You can't buy 2.5 mil gold.
    Sure you can. It'll probably cost you one to two hundred dollars, though.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Durwood View Post
    I have a question... currently upgrading a leatherworker and have 32 hours left.
    Finally, I won something worthwhile on the daily scratcher. 2.5 million gold pieces.
    But, I cannot 'use' it until that stupid building upgrades and I can't protect it - so is this really more of a win for the gem buyers who are going to pick me off and deplete that money before I can use it?
    Well, you can only get hit for 198,000 gold every 4 hours, so the absolute worst case scenario is that you're out about 1.6 million over that 32-hour period, with a net profit of over 900,000. However, I think it's unlikely that you'd be max-hit more than a couple times, if even that much. Just hang on to it as best you can until your upgrade is finished.

My question is... do you have an upgrade that's going to cost you 2.5 million or anywhere in that vicinity?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomUser View Post
    Sure you can. It'll probably cost you one to two hundred dollars, though.
    Agreed, but I meant in one hit.

Lurker
    Post Count

Help

I can't seem to get my highland pass map to populate any monsters/ foes? I've updated the system software to the most recent version and recycled power on the system ....still nothing. Any ideas?

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JTE View Post
    I can't seem to get my highland pass map to populate any monsters/ foes? I've updated the system software to the most recent version and recycled power on the system ....still nothing. Any ideas?
    Did a hard reset after reading previous posts...still no monsters though.

Post Count

Smile Typical wait?

How long is a typical wait for a rare monster to be spawned? I've probably killed 80 on the Isle of Maleba waiting for the fierce annelid to show, and it's not even identified in the wuest box as rare.

Ps, this is my first post. I certainly don't want to be a "filthy lurker!"

Consistent Contributor Battle Mage's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Durwood View Post
    I have a question... currently upgrading a leatherworker and have 32 hours left.
    Finally, I won something worthwhile on the daily scratcher. 2.5 million gold pieces.
    But, I cannot 'use' it until that stupid building upgrades and I can't protect it - so is this really more of a win for the gem buyers who are going to pick me off and deplete that money before I can use it?
    Hey Durwood, like everyone else I've dreamt of getting the $2.5m scratcher... Congrats!

When I've thought about that fantastic dilemna, I have to say that for me splurging on a mountain or two of gems to instantly complete building upgrades was the first thing that crossed my mind. A bit OTT unless you dont mind splashing the cash, but you could get some serious upgrades done in a flash - eg. Manors to 3 or 4 at least.
    Without knowing where you are in the game, you probably already know that once you have a decent income, it's time that becomes the restraining factor on getting where you want to go. Unless you buy gems to complete upgrades and compress those waits...? Or buy gems to win units that let you upgrade two buildings at once!

You could simply buy the strongest units you have access to, to give yourself big numbers of those and the corresponding stats.

But when I thought more about it, it would have to go on a big number of serious weapons and armour. Yeah they cost a bomb to add maybe 20 each to A and D, but you keepnthem when you upgrade units and since they cant be 'killed' they're basically indestructible. Depends on your situation but that might add bulk stats for you to set yourself up for a BD run?

And keep enough gold for those upgrades now you've upped your stats and are sitting a bit safer.

Just a couple of suggestions... Have fun deciding, but don't hang around!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    How long is a typical wait for a rare monster to be spawned? I've probably killed 80 on the Isle of Maleba waiting for the fierce annelid to show, and it's not even identified in the wuest box as rare.

Ps, this is my first post. I certainly don't want to be a "filthy lurker!"
    It's just random, so your wait will be whatever the statistics gods want it to be.
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomUser View Post
    Well, you can only get hit for 198,000 gold every 4 hours, so the absolute worst case scenario is that you're out about 1.6 million over that 32-hour period, with a net profit of over 900,000. However, I think it's unlikely that you'd be max-hit more than a couple times, if even that much. Just hang on to it as best you can until your upgrade is finished.

My question is... do you have an upgrade that's going to cost you 2.5 million or anywhere in that vicinity?
    Well - I got hit more than 198000 every four hours. The Gem players with over 150k O and D nailed me and got more of the 2.5 than I got to use. Funny how Gree opens up the 198000/hr and funny how the big gem players got more of this than I did. I was stupid and bought gems to complete a building early to at least be able to use SOME of the gold that I got to win and hold for the gem players.

This taught me two things - one, Gree caters to the gem players and the rest of us exist for their use and abuse. I will NEVER again purchase gems. And, two, they have a poor business model, catering to the gem players, because when they use the rest of us as fodder for those players, it prevents any new or rising player from seeing the worth in buying gems.

All I got out of it was an upgrade of my breeding den from LVL 7 to 8 - which I have about an hour to go on.

I was thinking about complaining about how I got nailed for FAR MORE than the 198000/hr - but they will just give me stupid excuses....so I will probably just carry on.

I'm glad I got to hold those coins for the big guys for a while, I guess.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Mage View Post
    Hey Durwood, like everyone else I've dreamt of getting the $2.5m scratcher... Congrats!

When I've thought about that fantastic dilemna, I have to say that for me splurging on a mountain or two of gems to instantly complete building upgrades was the first thing that crossed my mind. A bit OTT unless you dont mind splashing the cash, but you could get some serious upgrades done in a flash - eg. Manors to 3 or 4 at least.
    Without knowing where you are in the game, you probably already know that once you have a decent income, it's time that becomes the restraining factor on getting where you want to go. Unless you buy gems to complete upgrades and compress those waits...? Or buy gems to win units that let you upgrade two buildings at once!

You could simply buy the strongest units you have access to, to give yourself big numbers of those and the corresponding stats.

But when I thought more about it, it would have to go on a big number of serious weapons and armour. Yeah they cost a bomb to add maybe 20 each to A and D, but you keepnthem when you upgrade units and since they cant be 'killed' they're basically indestructible. Depends on your situation but that might add bulk stats for you to set yourself up for a BD run?

And keep enough gold for those upgrades now you've upped your stats and are sitting a bit safer.

Just a couple of suggestions... Have fun deciding, but don't hang around!
    Hmmm.... I'm pissed off that I bought $20 worth of gems - and I will NEVER AGAIN buy gems, EVER. Read my previous post. Most of the gold was robbed. There is no doubt that I was the patsy that they assigned to win the gold, buy some gems for upgrades and then let the gem players rob me blind - as a gift to them.

Post Count
    Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the 2.5 million. I was definitely under the impression you were limited to being attacked no more than 20 times every 4 hours.

I'm not sure I'd get too bent out of shape, though - 99% of the rest of us have never gotten even half of the 2.5 million, so you're still way ahead of the rest of the people that play this game. The best I've ever done in a scratch off is one unit slightly better than a dragon.

Consistent Contributor Battle Mage's Avatar
    Post Count
    Sorry to hear about the hammering.
    Sounds like you're further advanced in the game than me so possibly have fewer options to spend it well...?

Lurker
    Post Count

range of vision

I apologize in advance because I expect this question has already been asked and answered, but if so I haven't found it anywhere on the forum.

I am level 107 and can "see" players at 107 and 108 to attack. Is the range of vision for attacking players always + or - one level, or can higher level players see a broader range of levels to attack?

Help on this would be much appreciated.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan View Post
    I am level 107 and can "see" players at 107 and 108 to attack. Is the range of vision for attacking players always + or - one level, or can higher level players see a broader range of levels to attack?
    Yes, they can. It's called the whale zone.
    "I make no apologies for the way I play the game.
    It's not my fault if you are weaker than I.
    It's yours. Don't whine about it. Fix it."

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LadiesMan View Post
    I apologize in advance because I expect this question has already been asked and answered, but if so I haven't found it anywhere on the forum.

Help on this would be much appreciated.
    It depends on the number of players in the levels. If majority of players are at 190-200, then your field of view gets more limited. Right now level 200 can see depending on allies I think between level 130 and above.
    Last edited by King Gabriel388; 02-01-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Heroes: Jesus Christ