GREE Anniversary...A Black light Affair! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GREE Anniversary...A Black light Affair!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AFed View Post
    You should be easily able to do this. Just write code that iterates through each player and checks their last login time. If that time is after a certain date, then add to inventory. If their program/data structures are set up properly, this code should take 1-2 minutes to add.
    Which is why it will take a few weeks
    retired

Post Count
    This is like the public transportation system, doesn't matter how much taxes you pay (G Wiz a lot, iteachem not so much), everyone is getting the same service.

But G Wiz got a good point, big spenders are the ones that keeps this game alive for most of us free players. I don't think it is too much to ask for Gree to have a special support group for the high rollers.

As for free players like me, Gree support has be great, Boss Event is unreal, and there are far less cheaters than a couple months ago. This game still has flaws, but I think Gree IS trying....

Post Count
    I wrote that last night while playing horse shoes.

Would have thought they wrote it previously, in anticipation of the event...then just have it on a timer to run when the event ends.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    I wrote that last night while playing horse shoes.

Would have thought they wrote it previously, in anticipation of the event...then just have it on a timer to run when the event ends.
    Well I guess the customers end up suffering in this case...You need to send support an email, let them know its so easy, a caveman can do it. You too Afed
    Goal: To be the richest in Crime City.

Run with me, or run from me.

Stay thirsty my friends.

(CK) COLD Karma

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by G Wiz View Post
    Well I guess the customers end up suffering in this case...You need to send support an email, let them know its so easy, a caveman can do it. You too Afed
    I could probably just send them the code if I had their API...
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Best post I've read all day

Post Count
    Talk about GREE toilet paper lol...yea, you just did it on em.

Stay thirsty my friends.

(CK) COLD Karma

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yeah. All the bugs makes me think they didn't modularize their code correctly or use proper object-oriented principles. And/or they are somehow are having issues with syncing multiple things at once, but that shouldn't be too difficult to correct. Might be a bit more difficult if they're using C instead of C++ and have to account for pointers, but should be easy enough.

Three lines...simple pseudocode (adapt to whatever language):

for player in players:
    if player.get_last_login() > event_start_time:
    player.add_weapon(this_weapon)

Also could contain a (n x 5) sorted array (by player_id) with each row corresponding to [player_id, robs_made, attacks_won, jobs_completed, income_earned]. Every n minutes just loop through and update the array. Leaderboards could then be calculated super quickly.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by G Wiz View Post
    Nah my time is better sent trying to find you on the rivals list and rob your 1mil IPH

Post Count
    iOS native apps are Objective C. The most popular cross platform development tools are Java-like. Not sure why OO principles would make a difference when writing a script (like the one you pseudo-coded). Actually, for something like that you wouldn't want to create and instantiate objects due to the time. You're already in a race condition to iterate thru all players, that puppy needs to churn thru all players quick.
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    iOS native apps are Objective C. The most popular cross platform development tools are Java-like. Not sure why OO principles would make a difference when writing a script (like the one you pseudo-coded). Actually, for something like that you wouldn't want to create and instantiate objects due to the time. You're already in a race condition to iterate thru all players, that puppy needs to churn thru all players quick.
    Not necessarily pure OO. But you would think they would have to have stuff organized for easy input. Regardless, should take less time for them to get this programmed than it is

Post Count
    No debate, there. They could add it onto their cheat detection scripts...

Lots of different ways to accomplish it, actually...
    #smug

CC Loot Drops 20130122_3

Post Count
    Afed and mxz you guys need to stop cursing in different languages, it's very offensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFed View Post
    Nah my time is better sent trying to find you on the rivals list and rob your 1mil IPH
    lol yea aye? I might just have to move my things to your hood

Stay thirsty my friends.

(CK) COLD Karma

Post Count
    AFed: the server back end is running a massive database. Adding automatic code to dish out rewards automatically isn't hard, storing the snapshot of the leader board at exactly the right time so that searching it neither locks out everyone, or gives people at the end of the list requires more effort and time (not to mention having to manually check for cheaters). If people are spread over multiple segmented databases, this makes the problem harder as you have to collate all the lists.

MXZ: I can't help but point out that a race condition is not something that needs to be done fast....

The bugs in CC is because it's a 'platform'. the code (not just the server) works in flash, iOS and android. The differences between the two aren't horrible but often means that tweaks to one break the other. Glitches and exploits occurr because CC has to minimise data traffic when operating on mobiles, that will be super slow if everything is done server side. Aside from android, CC iOS is pretty stable, aside from the fact FiFi the bearded lady actually does not have a beard.

The issues with gree are not technical, they are not even really down to the support staff (which are generally excellent). Most of the problems are because both the support and technical developers are underfunded.

Oh, and hi btw.
    Proud owner of a sense of humour - and is not afraid to use it.

365 587 968

Banned
    Post Count
    Ramshutu, good to see you. Are you back?