Thousands of Mafia?!?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thousands of Mafia?!?

Post Count

Thousands of Mafia?!?

I'm seeing this trend more and more, or maybe just finally noticing it, but people with hundred or thousands of mafia members. You do realize you can only "use" 5 mafia per level, right? And unless you have guns, melee, armor, and vehicles for each of them, they're mostly useless. And yes, explosives are expensive and get used up, so you don't need them for all, but they help some. And lastly, having a lot of mafia makes you show up in people's rival list with lots more atk and def than you have. Sorry, rant over.

Post Count
    For some people, the number of mafia is like a whole separate mini-game within the game.

As in "Oh yeah? Well your economy might be better but I got more mafia!"
    GREE(D) is trying to put the fun back into Funzio.

Post Count
    Yeah, like it's a popularity contest. I wonder if they realize that by doing so they're exposing themselves to bigger fish who will just whoop up on them? I guess not. More easy pickings for us, Swifty.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    For some people, the number of mafia is like a whole separate mini-game within the game.

As in "Oh yeah? Well your economy might be better but I got more mafia!"
    Yup, it's the Face Book Strategy. lol
    Though I Wander I Am Not Lost... ~ CS
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    Quit KA & MW on 7.06.12 .. Stats = Couldnt Care Less.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterSniper View Post
    Yup, it's the Face Book Strategy. lol
    Saw some guy brab in a comment on some hottie's wall that he had 7330 mafia members. I couldn't stop laughing. I bet she's impressed by that until she sees his won/loss stats. LOL.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by frenda View Post
    Saw some guy brab in a comment on some hottie's wall that he had 7330 mafia members. I couldn't stop laughing. I bet she's impressed by that until she sees his won/loss stats. LOL.
    Yeah, seen the same type of thing, it is hilarious and kinda sad all at once.
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the women ~ Conan
    Quit CC on 5.16.12 .. lvl 146 .. Attacks 30339 Wins / 141 Losses .. Robberies 13838 Wins / 45 Losses
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Banned
    Post Count
    This is an area that I have been musing about.... At some point in time I think Funzio may increase the numbers that's you can take into battle.

Even for high levels this means previously redundant weapons will come back into play.

Yay for Steyr AUGs, Nail Bats and Wrestler Masks

So I've been thinking of growing my mob size and holding it about the 990 mark, just in case this change comes along.

Anyone else got any thoughts on the possibility of a 'useable mob size' increase?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I have almost 7k mafia members! Since i have 500 members i never added anynody

Post Count
    Burn, I figure if they change it, then I'll add more. They're useless unless you can actually use them in your stats. I figure I can socialize here on the Forum, but keep my Mafia list to something meaningful.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    This is an area that I have been musing about.... At some point in time I think Funzio may increase the numbers that's you can take into battle.

Even for high levels this means previously redundant weapons will come back into play.

Yay for Steyr AUGs, Nail Bats and Wrestler Masks

So I've been thinking of growing my mob size and holding it about the 990 mark, just in case this change comes along.

Anyone else got any thoughts on the possibility of a 'useable mob size' increase?
    I used to keep my mob right at 500 but have been hoping for the same thing and I have been selectively adding just in case. I probably wont go over 750 though. Just a random goal.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Consistent Contributor rareay84's Avatar
    Post Count
    Heh. For other players, hey, the more mafia for them the merrier. I add mafia one at a time, after I can afford to outfit them with a million bucks of stuff representing the best att/def money can buy for guns, melee, armor, and cars.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CounterSniper View Post
    I used to keep my mob right at 500 but have been hoping for the same thing and I have been selectively adding just in case. I probably wont go over 750 though. Just a random goal.
    Once you're in the big shark-tank, I don't think it matters anymore. I was talking only about the lower level players.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by rareay84 View Post
    Heh. For other players, hey, the more mafia for them the merrier. I add mafia one at a time, after I can afford to outfit them with a million bucks of stuff representing the best att/def money can buy for guns, melee, armor, and cars.
    I think that's a wise strategy. I've been using the spreadsheet to show me where I'm weakest, that has helped tremendously.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by frenda View Post
    Once you're in the big shark-tank, I don't think it matters anymore. I was talking only about the lower level players.
    I know, Burn and I were talkin about being prepared just in case they raise the usable mob.
    Dont wanna get caught flatfooted.

I will stay far away from 1000 though, I dont want the 1000 mob glitch.

Swifty can tell you about that if you dont know.
    FUNZIO got too GREEdy!

Post Count
    Yeah, don't know anything about the 1000 mob glitch. I'm trying to grow steadily so I don't become sharkfood as soon as I hit 90.