Do you think Gree has........

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Gree has........

Banned
    Post Count

Do you think Gree has........

some newbie developers...............and really bad ones at that.

Even the Stolen Auto Crates have some kind of halo effect around them - plus all the other glitches lately.............

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    think the halo effect is done on purpose , about the second part , it is not they are bad , infact they are more professional about things .

It is just they don't understand how everything work yet , remember back then , when I send in a bug report with canal street , they don't even know the place .

While professionalisme has gone up , they still have no connection with the community yet .
    Or really understand what is going on , both with the code and support they should provide .

I guess to most of them it is just another day at the office , that does not work with a MMO system !

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha54 View Post

Even the Stolen Auto Crates have some kind of halo effect around them - plus all the other glitches lately.............
    Yes, but then again, ever since I started playing CC it has always seemed like there is at least one person on the team that doesn't deserve their paycheque. One thing that comes to mind is the fact that new updates always come with new glitches or bugs. I don't really care what they fixed if it's going to cause other problems. Fixing one problem only to create another isn't really fixing something. That approach to problem solving is just redundant.

Banned
    Post Count
    And how the hell do you expect devs NOT to know about the game that they've made? It didn't build itself. If they don't know every little detail about every mechanic about this game, then they shouldn't be employed there at all. They're afraid to lose a little bit of their fat paychecks to hiring people that actually know what the hell they're doing. Having one single person that handles the forums? How fail is that? I could go on and on, but most of the people on this forum have been dealing with their failures for a lot longer than I have, so I'll stop here.

Basically, stop being so greedy, hire more people, pay attention to your customers (free or not), and actually work towards fixing and improving the game, not just fattening your damn wallets.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestoner View Post
    Basically, stop being so greedy, hire more people, pay attention to your customers (free or not), and actually work towards fixing and improving the game, not just fattening your damn wallets.

Post Count
    People still don't understand that developers and support are two different departments?
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mxz View Post
    People still don't understand that developers and support are two different departments?
    make it 2 countries.

Many companies setup Support Department in India because it is much cheaper and more efficient but sometimes it takes time to solve a problem.
    Last edited by _dan_; 08-28-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    New Square Enix iOS "Guardian Cross" game.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guard...d534082757?l=8
    Enter invitation ID 'ZM37086' and you will have Final Fantasy XI rare card!

I thought I could compete top 200 for a super rare 5 star Leviathan card but still struggle at top 1350 with high level rare 4, 3 stars cards. it's 10 times harder than CC events, I give up.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    And how the hell do you expect devs NOT to know about the game that they've made? It didn't build itself. If they don't know every little detail about every mechanic about this game, then they shouldn't be employed there at all. They're afraid to lose a little bit of their fat paychecks to hiring people that actually know what the hell they're doing. Having one single person that handles the forums? How fail is that? I could go on and on, but most of the people on this forum have been dealing with their failures for a lot longer than I have, so I'll stop here.

Developers don't necessarily need to understand the final product...I work in Finance and many times I have programmers / quants, working on a small portion of an overall solution. Sometimes I explain to them the big picture and most of the time they could care less or don't understand the big picture. They have a very specific skill set and they focus on that. Big picture is not there focus.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Banned
    Post Count
    That does shed a little light on the situation Murf, thanks. I do wish they'd have a little more dedication towards it, only then maybe they'd understand the whole of the game. Hard to expect someone to look past the paycheck in the long run though.

Post Count
    Stoner, you havent a clue, here. You look ridiculous claiming they're only looking for a paycheck when you don't know anything about them. It's tiring and doesn't help any.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    That does shed a little light on the situation Murf, thanks. I do wish they'd have a little more dedication towards it, only then maybe they'd understand the whole of the game. Hard to expect someone to look past the paycheck in the long run though.
    Yeah, I agree in a perfect world you understand what you are trying to accomplish in the big picture. I don't know how game development is run, but as I said the development is probably broken down into very specific functions each assigned to different developers.

But even with all that said, it doesn't forgive all the bugs and glitches that occur in a live product. First, development needs to improve. Second, beta testing needs to improve. But, I guess they run a cost/benefit analysis on the bottom line and decide that these new flawed roll outs will generate more money then they will lose by alienating customers. At the end, this is still a business and it's probably run as such.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Banned
    Post Count
    Yea, I definitely see that. It's funny, if you based an assumption on the size of the company on the amount of fixes / updates that happens, you'd think it's some kid in his mom's basement, just getting around to it when he feels like it. However, when you get on the forums and realize how much money they're making, you want to ask yourself, "Why does nothing get done? A company making this much money has to have tons of employees.. What are they doing?"

I'm truly clueless about the size of funzio or gree, but I know they could afford to pay some good programmers / devs to fix some of this crap that doesn't seem to get resolved. Even outsourcing doesn't seem to work well (at least with gold offers).

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    As you mention about the size of company, funzio may outsource most of their work, that's how they keep their company small but develop many products on different platforms (facebook,iOS, Android).

Last year, I remember Funzio had 60 employees.
    Last edited by _dan_; 08-28-2012 at 01:00 PM.

I thought I could compete top 200 for a super rare 5 star Leviathan card but still struggle at top 1350 with high level rare 4, 3 stars cards. it's 10 times harder than CC events, I give up.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha54 View Post

"the developer team is composed of only 10 people." -CCM

same people, even after GREE. when I and some of the other MW players met him he talked about the history of the game a bit and how he got his name as CCM
    I haven't played since 2012... I heard there was inflation since, lol.
    NAME LVL BONUS INCOME ATT : DEF
    MW Dreno33 60 UK 3XX,XXX,XXX 66,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX : 68,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX
    CC TheDreno33 62 Tycoon 70,XXX,XXX 9,XXX,XXX,XXX : 7,XXX,XXX,XXX
    GREE bought Funzio's games for $210 Million! Why?
    I downloaded it for free!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    10 people for each game / each platform or 10 people for each game / all platforms or 10 people for all games ?

I think Facebook CC and iOS CC are not really same games.