Thread: There Be Dragons

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    every time I read BD run I imagine "Run forest run...."

RsD
    MoC Member

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyraiders View Post
    I noticed that when i made my run at BD9 it was alot easier with a LTQ going on then without because everyone was busy with completing the quests. So i bid my time and waited for a nice LTQ to come along and since these last two were separated by like 2 minutes it wasnt hard to make up my mind to go for it. It was now or never.

I really didnt want to be this high in level before i got my BD10 but while i was earning all these awsome units for LTQs I figured I might be able to meet my dragons somewhere in the middle. Better late then never...LOL. By the way i dont own a high priest believe it or not. After reading the forum i realized that i would be wasting my gold and concentrated on getting my Dragons and upgrading high income buildings.

1 advantage i had that some people may not have had was where to put my skill points. with the exception of 5 or 6 points maybe a couple more cant really remember. They all went to HS(164) and Stamina(19). also working on maps to get the skill points for finishing the 4th level.

Really this forum and everyone in it contributed to me getting my BD10. I did it in a non-traditional way. But then i like being unique or doing things the hard way. Lifes greatest lesson are learned the hard way!

Sorry so long everyone but i wanted to share my trials and tribulations for those people who already have their dragons and the people still trying to get there. I hope this helps someone out there.

LOL....Yes it did help to have the cupids bow......dont throttle me...LOL

Had to add this its says Post Quick Reply to submit the message LOL doesnt really apply here. LOL
    Congrats! That's a great achievement to get BD10 over level 100! I'm hoping to do it before then but with all these LTQs and leveling up faster than I expected, it's nice to know that it's still achievable later in game too.
    Kingdom Age 547-115-858 Add me

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Seryna View Post
    Congrats! That's a great achievement to get BD10 over level 100! I'm hoping to do it before then but with all these LTQs and leveling up faster than I expected, it's nice to know that it's still achievable later in game too.
    It's very achievable. I got it around L119 or L121, can't remember. I didn't stock up on Hydras or anything. I just made a straight run from BD2 - BD10 with a bunch of Wyverns. My A/D once complete was around 109k A/D. The LTQ did help as people were distracted probably, but I got a lot of gold from it. It was one of those kill the monsters till they drop something LTQ. So of course, drop rate being low I got a lot of gold. Only once was I raided while overvault, but only lost $29k. My IPH was $9145 at that time. It's been 1.5 weeks since I got my BD10, now hae 400 dragons and 215k Attack/205k Defense. My advice is just be diligent, be smart. you don't need high level manors or lenders, that just makes you a target for other people.

[FK] Robb Stark

Lurker
    Post Count

Angry Argggh, was upgrading building BD8 -> BD9 but got raided

I finally got enough gold saved up to upgrade my BD8 -> BD9, had to sell a bunch of upgraded buildings to do it. I was pleased with myself for having gotten this far and went to sleep.

This morning, I wake up and someone has raided me and one of the things they attacked was my Breeding Den. And it is level 8 again!

Is that the way the same is supposed to work? If you attack a building that is being upgraded, does it lose the upgrade? If so, I am seriously out of here, that is a terrible user experience.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NVJ View Post
    I finally got enough gold saved up to upgrade my BD8 -> BD9, had to sell a bunch of upgraded buildings to do it. I was pleased with myself for having gotten this far and went to sleep.

This morning, I wake up and someone has raided me and one of the things they attacked was my Breeding Den. And it is level 8 again!

Is that the way the same is supposed to work? If you attack a building that is being upgraded, does it lose the upgrade? If so, I am seriously out of here, that is a terrible user experience.
    That is really awful. Once anyone starts the upgrade the building should not fall back to lower level. It should start upgrading from the point it was raided. That is my personal belief.

Lurker
    Post Count

Wink False Alarm - Phew

Quote Originally Posted by Gree player View Post
    That is really awful. Once anyone starts the upgrade the building should not fall back to lower level. It should start upgrading from the point it was raided. That is my personal belief.
    I restarted the game and my upgrade is going again! Phew!!!!

Maybe the time zone change farked something.

Post Count

Best KA thread, ever!

Joe, looking forward to fighting by your side

So many have been helped & motivated with this thread...
    Congrats to those who finally made it into the BD10 club & best of luck to those on the way!! You'll get there!

Cheers!
    Line ID: clementine88

Lurker
    Post Count

Red face Made it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vile Lynn View Post

So many have been helped & motivated with this thread...
    Congrats to those who finally made it into the BD10 club & best of luck to those on the way!! You'll get there!
    Finally built my first dragon, thanks for all the encouragement guys. I did have to sell my 2 level 2 Manors and a level 5 Lender to come up with the cash, but it was totally worth it. I never did a "BD10" run, I just saved 330k, made sure all my big buildings ticked over at the same time, killed a bunch of high value monsters that I had knocked down to one hit, then leveled and did it again, then sold those three plus an 8th lvl temple of healing. Now I am there!

I am 120h lvl and 120k/130k, so if I can do it anyone can.

Articulate Author Dirt road Joe's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by NVJ View Post
    Finally built my first dragon, thanks for all the encouragement guys. I did have to sell my 2 level 2 Manors and a level 5 Lender to come up with the cash, but it was totally worth it. I never did a "BD10" run, I just saved 330k, made sure all my big buildings ticked over at the same time, killed a bunch of high value monsters that I had knocked down to one hit, then leveled and did it again, then sold those three plus an 8th lvl temple of healing. Now I am there!

I am 120h lvl and 120k/130k, so if I can do it anyone can.
    Congatulations! What a sacrifice you made. Have fun with those things!

Be sure to get that Water temple back up so you don't lose the Dragons in combat! You worked hard for them. Do them a favor and build that temple back up!
    Last edited by Dirt road Joe; 04-22-2013 at 01:22 AM.
    Matthew 7:3-5