Using trees to hide building levels? - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using trees to hide building levels?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I laugh when I see trees hiding buildings, so stupid. Do you really think it fools anyone? Oh there's a tree, let's move on to next hood. Lmao.if its a high income building you hit it. Not that complicated.

Banned
    Post Count
    It does suck when you hit a NC with its level behind a tree and it turns out to be a level 1...other than that, yeah, so ridiculous. I love people who hide buildings behind other ones as well, as if that's not the first thing you'll check when you see an invisible building ready for collection.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I just look at their IPH, if it's below 2 mill I know his NC's aren't worth robbing.
    As other have said, it's really not that great of a strategy, collecting on time is a more viable solution to not getting robbed ,lol

Banned
    Post Count
    There are more then one way's to see what level buildings are even if they have decorations in front of them:

On android various tips:

scale the hood, and most times the decorations either scale later or dissappear for a second or so.
    fast scroll through the hood also makes the decorations move slower than the buildings so you could see.

If this all makes sense to know .. I don't know .. I even think hiding your buildings could INCREASE robbing. When I see a lvl1 nightclub I leave it when I can't see I'll poke once to know ..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I gotta say, I still think trees make a difference, when you go in to a hood and you see trees everywhere, and you've got good buildings hidden by bad ones, it will absolutely make some folks skip your hood just because they don't feel like clicking around. it also deters campers during PVPs, as they're looking for 1XP (i.e. level 7 and under laundromat, arcades, barbershops et al) hits. As a high IPH camper, when i'm robbing during PVPs, I will skip a NC rob unless I know it's worth the XP (I think it's 13 or so) so when it's covered i'll generally just move on.

All that said, maybe i'm just dumb for skipping flora rich hoods, but rest assured there are other dummys like me out there, so trees will sometimes keep them away.

Post Count
    I also think there is some value. Sure, a guy will hit your hood and see a nightclub ready to be robbed and just hit it, regardless of level. No deterrent there. But if a guy visits your hood, and the NC is already collected, but shows a level 10, he will remember your name and keep coming back. As a high IPH player, I have had my share of stalkers, and it's because they remember my name.

Trees are good to decorate your hood, but as a defense or robbery deterrent, not so much. I personally think they may bring more robberies as rivals will try to see if it's worth it, where as if they could see that it was a low paying building would pass on it entirely.

Banned
    Post Count
    You know you can turn off your building levels in your game settings.

Banned
    Post Count
    Am I the only one who noticed that this thread was necroed? Don't necro threads.

Post Count
    Just reiterating what everyone else said too. Look at someone's IPH and trees stop mattering.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp ing View Post
    You know you can turn off your building levels in your game settings.
    Not to your opponents.

Post Count
    Okay thx for the insight.

I will collect it's just when people see my hood, then maybe they won't return if they can't see my ltb's.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    I used to hide my building level with trees, but I think it's pretty useless now (not that it's a useless strategy on every level).

If I see a NC, I'm gonna rob it regardless of the level. An office building, I'm gonna rob it. A hotel, well, you get the idea. If I see a level 10 warehouse, pawn shop, gun shop, etc., I'm not gonna waste the stamina. The only buildings that it would make a difference on, for me, are Lofts and MTs. But if someone goes to the trouble of trying to hide it, then I'll hit it at least once just to see what it brings in.
    Well summed up mate - I do the same