Using trees to hide building levels?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using trees to hide building levels?

Banned
    Post Count

Using trees to hide building levels?

I've been using trees to hide my building levels, but thought I saw a post once about how decorations aren't visible by would-be attackers. Is this true?

If someone here could visit my hood and let me know if they see my trees, I'd appreciate it. I'm level 138 with the same name in-game.

Banned
    Post Count
    They were talking about a version of the game where you can't see decorations. I think it was the HD version.

Post Count
    I heard they aren't visible for Crime City HD(iPad) users, but regular Crime City users can see the trees.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by joaquim View Post
    They were talking about a version of the game where you can't see decorations. I think it was the HD version.
    Correct. iPad version doesn't show decorations. Using trees is still a good idea if you're worried and have a high enough IPH that the cost doesn't slow down your upgrades.
    #smug

Ready to build a Movie Theater, Loft or Night Club? Click here.
    CC Loot Drops 20130122_3
    MW Loot Drops mw20121214_1

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I've got a iPad and I still see decorations on the non hd, just not the hd version

Post Count
    Gree will fix this as soon as they get a 3 day break from collecting money from events. They use those 2 days in between events to count their money and laugh all the way to bank instead of fixing a well known bug.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post
    I've been using trees to hide my building levels, but thought I saw a post once about how decorations aren't visible by would-be attackers. Is this true?

If someone here could visit my hood and let me know if they see my trees, I'd appreciate it. I'm level 138 with the same name in-game.
    Well, do you see other players' decorations? Then there's your answer.

Post Count
    It's a bug on the iPad HD version of CC just like mxz said. Its a bonus for CC HD users because they can see the level of every building.
    CC History

Financial District Fallout >FC's unbeaten reign came to an end in a fair fight against SAS on 18/11/13.

We Be Clubbin' District >Fight Club won its 14th district in a row and retired as the greatest syndicate in CC.

Nightlife District Knockout >Lights Out took 1st place from SAS by a mere 47,644 points.

Bay Harbor Beach Brawl >1st. TAW - 128m, 2nd. SAS - 122m, 3rd. SC - 40m

Banned
    Post Count
    I used to hide my building level with trees, but I think it's pretty useless now (not that it's a useless strategy on every level).

If I see a NC, I'm gonna rob it regardless of the level. An office building, I'm gonna rob it. A hotel, well, you get the idea. If I see a level 10 warehouse, pawn shop, gun shop, etc., I'm not gonna waste the stamina. The only buildings that it would make a difference on, for me, are Lofts and MTs. But if someone goes to the trouble of trying to hide it, then I'll hit it at least once just to see what it brings in.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by 7rs60 View Post
    Well, do you see other players' decorations? Then there's your answer.
    I don't know if they HAVE any decorations.

Banned
    Post Count
    Tony, like others said, anybody playing CC HD on ipad cannot see others decorations. So, if any of your rivals are playing on CC HD, then they will see your building levels despite the trees.

Banned
    Post Count
    You're at level 138, surely you have either seen a rival with decorations or not by now? Go visit 10 hoods. If you don't see any then you have your answer

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    Tony, like others said, anybody playing CC HD on ipad cannot see others decorations. So, if any of your rivals are playing on CC HD, then they will see your building levels despite the trees.
    Thanks for the info.

Banned
    Post Count
    I like to build the taller buildings.... to hide my trees. Even HD players can't see them.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
    I used to hide my building level with trees, but I think it's pretty useless now (not that it's a useless strategy on every level).

If I see a NC, I'm gonna rob it regardless of the level. An office building, I'm gonna rob it. A hotel, well, you get the idea. If I see a level 10 warehouse, pawn shop, gun shop, etc., I'm not gonna waste the stamina. The only buildings that it would make a difference on, for me, are Lofts and MTs. But if someone goes to the trouble of trying to hide it, then I'll hit it at least once just to see what it brings in.
    Agree, at some point hiding your buildings become pointless.