Why add more mafia members?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why add more mafia members?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Why add more mafia members?

Maybe I'm missing something.. thought I'd turn to the collective wisdom at the forum for the following:

1. I'm at level 130 with 371 mafia members.

2. My attack is 27xxx and defense is 33,xxx.

3. My income is $530,000 per hour.

4. My Daily Empire Times is almost always green. People attack or rob, but fail 90% of the time.

I'm getting messages to up my mafia to 399. Is there any advantage? If I add more members, I can take more items, but I have limited number of higher respect point items (e.g., only 117 Exeleros, 117 Chain Whips, 34 RPG, and 44 Full Combat Gear).

So... should I add members or just sit?

Thanks to all for your input.

Post Count
    Stay where you are, if your newsfeed is always green, no reason to fix what isn't broken.

Post Count
    +1 what Bos said, solid advice.
    Proud member of HTC White!!!

Post Count
    Hmm, I had a question along the same lines.

I'm currently level 172 with 478 mafia members. My attack is 38xxx and my defense is 40xxx. My news feed is a good mix of red and green and I've gotten attacked/robbed by level 200 players with 100k+ stats. Would it benefit me to drop my mafia count to something way lower? Can higher up players still see me then?

My only concern is if I drop my mafia count, I won't be able to see those with 500 mafia to do my thug life goals (at 232 at the moment).

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post

I'm currently level 172 with 478 mafia members. My attack is 38xxx and my defense is 40xxx. My news feed is a good mix of red and green and I've gotten attacked/robbed by level 200 players with 100k+ stats. Would it benefit me to drop my mafia count to something way lower? Can higher up players still see me then?

My only concern is if I drop my mafia count, I won't be able to see those with 500 mafia to do my thug life goals (at 232 at the moment).
    You just shouldn't do Thug Life when you have less than 500 mafia. You are a rat then. But if you want to know, I have 380 mafia members and I am pretty sure that people with 500 can't see me.

Post Count
    I thought "rats" were people who intentionally kept themselves at 499 mafia to avoid being targeted for thug life goals? For me, I've posted my id on the "add more mafia" section of this forum and always accepts adds. 478 is just where I've ended up at for the time being.

Post Count
    @ Illuminati, I think you can have up to 414 mafia and those with 500 mafia cannot see you.

You can go down to 50 mafia @ level 200 and see all the upper brackets. Even those with 500 mafia
    Last edited by BOS; 08-13-2012 at 06:57 AM. Reason: ninja edit

Post Count
    Your number of mafia is completely dependent on your style of play. There are varying opinions on this topic, but I will share mine with ya. I was a no banker until just recently. My mafia was 350's and rarely got attacked (got kind of boring). If you are getting creamed... Drop some mafia to keep off the radar. In 350's you can still see 500's and they can see you occasionally. Don't listen to what people call you... It is all part if a game strategy!
    Proud member of HTC White!!!

Consistent Contributor itzkakarot's Avatar
    Post Count

Are you looking to build econ/iph? Drop mafia.
    Do you want to PVP? Keep Mafia up or even add

Currently, I'm opting for the former. To me, PVP takes far too much time for far too little gain. While building a solid econ takes less in game time and more strategy. To each his own. Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm in the $1MM/hr camp.
    CC Hood Planner: http://goo.gl/W5mKh
    CC Loot Spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/efYtu
    CC: 706 262 372 (Shoot me a PM when you send an invite)

Nico's Bracketing Strategy
    Nico's No-Bank Strategy

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by itzkakarot View Post
    Are you looking to build econ/iph? Drop mafia.
    Do you want to PVP? Keep Mafia up or even add

Currently, I'm opting for the former. To me, PVP takes far too much time for far too little gain. While building a solid econ takes less in game time and more strategy. To each his own. Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm in the $1MM/hr camp.
    I tried the whole camping at one level without any pvp/robbing while focusing solely on upgrading/constructing to build income, but that got boring very quickly. Right now, my game play consists of always having one building under construction (usually a missle turret) while another building is being upgraded.

In the meantime, I use my energy to farm for The Last Call, while I look for people to attack for Thug Life goals. This unfortunately has caused me to level up fairly quickly (almost at level 173 now) and the closer I get to 200, the more people I come across with much higher stats than me. That's fine but I'm wondering what my ideal mafia number should be where I have comparable stats with my rivals.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mac daddy View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something.. thought I'd turn to the collective wisdom at the forum for the following:

1. I'm at level 130 with 371 mafia members.

2. My attack is 27xxx and defense is 33,xxx.

3. My income is $530,000 per hour.

4. My Daily Empire Times is almost always green. People attack or rob, but fail 90% of the time.

I'm getting messages to up my mafia to 399. Is there any advantage? If I add more members, I can take more items, but I have limited number of higher respect point items (e.g., only 117 Exeleros, 117 Chain Whips, 34 RPG, and 44 Full Combat Gear).

So... should I add members or just sit?

Thanks to all for your input.
    With so many rp items, you're obviosly doing thug life goals. That's why you should go to 500.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jobadass View Post
    With so many rp items, you're obviosly doing thug life goals. That's why you should go to 500.
    What he really means is 499

Indian Groupie
    A/D 15k/15k | IPH $80k | LVL173 | 499er

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sexkitteh View Post
    What he really means is 499
    LOL. Not really, but I see OP's reasoning..doesn't make it right tho. OP, Even with only having such few mafia, you're pretty strong for your level. Hell I'm at 151 and you have more than half the people beat here.
    My question is why NOT add mafia? Max it out and see how it goes. Only a few will be able to touch you. You can always go back to where the fun isn't.

Post Count
    Really... You shouldn't worry about players with higher stats than you finding you.

They will find you & the game goes on for the weak & the strong.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

You will still see them. I am at 160 with only 178 mafia, and I see plenty of 500 mafia guys (at TL 156).