Looking back your biggest mistake is.... - Page 5

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking back your biggest mistake is....

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Intrance;384436]Hmm. So that's considered cheating? I guess so since its exploiting things not meant to be done by design. I probably would of done it if i thought of it first lol...but now since its considered cheating i wont bother with it. And what is at padding?[/QUOTE
    *stat padding. Sorry autocorrect
    KA : 258-880-514
    MW : 130-331-621
    CC : 873-367-573

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrance View Post
    Hmm. So that's considered cheating? I guess so since its exploiting things not meant to be done by design. I probably would of done it if i thought of it first lol...but now since its considered cheating i wont bother with it. And what is at padding?
    My post was a bit of jest poking fun at the people who've been doing it... a couple of them post on here.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    That's actually a really good idea. I have 2 accounts going, but never thought of doing that. I can't anyway with one at lvl 55 and the other a camping account at lvl 9, but I can see the advantages.
    Last edited by GFF; 08-22-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GFF View Post
    That's actually a really good idea. I have 2 accounts going, but never thought of doing that. I can't anyway with one at lvl 55 and the other a camping account at lvl 9, but I can see the advantages.
    Thought about doing this a while back, but I constantly switch the same acct between by iPad and iPhone...home vs travel

Lurker
    Post Count

someone willing to take over my KA character?

I'm unable to post on the general board for some reason, so I guess this thread is reasonably close.

I wasn't too happy with my build, so I'd like to transfer my guy to someone else and start over -- if that's even possible... I'm assuming it is, based on something I read awhile ago. If it's not possible, please let me know how I can reset my character. Unfortunately I don't have another iOS device.

I'm level 132, I have a level 8 den, with 609 drakes, 40 cannons, a sprinkling of mid level indestructible units. I have all of the non-gem buildings, including manors at level 1, 2x level 2 lenders, etc.

Alliance: 263
    Army Stats:
    Attack: 54311
    Defense: 51784
    Skill points:
    attack:1
    defense:145
    Stamina:61
    Strength:71

Let me know via PM if you're interested, and I'll set you up with the username/password.

Post Count
    I am soooo tempted for the indestructibles and the level 8 BD ... but where would be the fun of that??

Please make sure you use up your gems if you get rid of the account as I don't think they can be transferred.

Thank you for offering
    Proud Member of the

KA - 358177252

Honora ante Fidem, Fides ante Ego
    (Honour before Loyalty, Loyalty before Self)

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." - Wiseman, Sucker Punch

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    I'm unable to post on the general board for some reason, so I guess this thread is reasonably close.

I wasn't too happy with my build, so I'd like to transfer my guy to someone else and start over -- if that's even possible... I'm assuming it is, based on something I read awhile ago. If it's not possible, please let me know how I can reset my character. Unfortunately I don't have another iOS device.

I'm level 132, I have a level 8 den, with 609 drakes, 40 cannons, a sprinkling of mid level indestructible units. I have all of the non-gem buildings, including manors at level 1, 2x level 2 lenders, etc.

Army Stats:
    Skill points:

Let me know via PM if you're interested, and I'll set you up with the username/password.
    Damn man....Lv.132 and you're considering starting again? Just out of curiosity, what would you do differently with a newer account? I'm assuming stat distribution is the main one..?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Good question. I wish I would not have bought gems very early on - as it seems that I keep getting jacked in an effort to get me to buy gems again. I know that marketing and gem auctioning RULES this game and I think I screwed myself by buying them early and then stopping. Now, I am on the "Bought gems before and now stopped" list and they are trying to get me to buy gems by either keeping me at 4 or 9 items during an event or having me get 32 consecutive "Sorry Try Agains" like I have during this current event.

Don't buy gems until you are further along and then use them sparingly and never during events like that.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post

Army Stats:
    Skill points:

Unfortunately, CCM has posted elsewhere (can't recall if it was on the KA board or the MW one) that transferring an account is not allowed... If I'm not wrong, both parties get banned.

Oh, and I believe you need 10 posts before you can start a thread.
    Last edited by YLL; 08-28-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I think looking back, I made quite a few mistakes.

back in the day, I used to do a lot of research before buying a game, I didnt bother to do that for KA since it was just an app I decided to download, and thought (hoped) it would simply be an entertaining game to play occasionally to kill time in airports or on the throne, I didnt look at it as a competitive game.

I didnt really understand the PvP aspect of the game at all early on... it took me quite a while to figure out that I should visit a rival and view their profile before deciding to attack or not, lol.

I viewed the game as a sort of mini-dungeon crawl/empire building, and focused almost completely on the quests and advancing through the maps, etc

I thought leveling up asap was important, turns out slow and steady is probably the way to go.

I suppose in summary, the biggest mistake I made is looking at the game as "my kingdom, on my phone" and not understanding the PvP aspect of it... I could certainly continue to play however I want and ignore PvP, but going over vault to try to get certain upgrades would result in me losing a ton of gold if I did, so understanding that now is helpful

I do see a decent number of high level players who dont seem to understand PvP, though, as I still occasionally get attacked by players with much lower A/D stats than me, and they attack me with unvaulted gold so when I kick them to the curb they pay me for the effort, lol.

Post Count
    Playing this game, investing so much time and effort into it...for NOTHING.

And i am serious about this. There is no end game except to use your credit card to buy buy buy buy buy ingame items. Whatever.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dtgamemaster View Post
    Playing this game, investing so much time and effort into it...for NOTHING.
    If you werent/arent entertained by the game... one should really stop playing. "Investing" time in any game is really an effort in futility once one tires of it and moves along.