The verdict on defense building stats

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The verdict on defense building stats

Banned
    Post Count

The verdict on defense building stats

Here is Funzio support's official answer regarding the defense building stats:

A G, Aug 09 14:30 (PDT):
    Hey Anthony,

Thank you for the inquiry. This is not true. This supposed issue has been investigated thoroughly and has been found to be untrue. The forum posts are out of date.

Regards,

A

www.funzio.com

Anthony Curtis, Aug 03 09:19 (PDT):
    Describe the issue here...

Hi,

Can you tell me exactly what the defense contribution is for my level
    10 bodyguard agencies? They're showing 826 but people on the forums
    are saying it's actually only 55. Is this true? If it is, why do you
    show 826 when it actually isn't?

Thanks,

Anthony

Banned
    Post Count
    I have a spreadsheet where I plug in those "old values" and I always get my true defensive stats within 5 of what they actually are, both rob and attack. Defense hasn't changed visibly from those concept threads.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TonySpaghetti View Post

Hey Anthony,

Thank you for the inquiry. This is not true. This supposed issue has been investigated thoroughly and has been found to be untrue. The forum posts are out of date.

Regards,

A

www.funzio.com

Hi,

Thanks,

Anthony
    Sure but that does not explain why profile defense scores are usually over inflated. Something somewhere isn't giving full defense values. Thanks for getting to tech support though and following up here on the forum!
    Last edited by DoughBoy; 08-10-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Banned
    Post Count

Hey Anthony,

Regards,

A

www.funzio.com

Hi,

Thanks,

Anthony
    conzio conned u, demand your money back. defence buildings are pointless.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    ask them to prove what they wrote or provide detail info. you can't just say it's not true without providing any evidences, it's too easy to say it's not true.

If it's not true why it takes them 6 days to investigate ? They must already have insight info. It takes them that long to compose the best lie for you.
    Last edited by _dan_; 08-10-2012 at 05:06 AM.
    New Square Enix iOS "Guardian Cross" game.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guard...d534082757?l=8
    Enter invitation ID 'ZM37086' and you will have Final Fantasy XI rare card!

I thought I could compete top 200 for a super rare 5 star Leviathan card but still struggle at top 1350 with high level rare 4, 3 stars cards. it's 10 times harder than CC events, I give up.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Sorry, but that answer sounds ridiculous to me. The issue was reported in the forums starting in October last year. It caused a thunderstorm in the forum. In the beginning I thought just give Funzio some time to react. (I know how things can look from the point of view of a service provider.) There never was a reaction.

Now they investigated it "thoroughly" but did not care to explain anything and never posted their results to the forum? And why do the forum results still perfectly fit the fight result screens? Why do those players involved in the discussion tend to give supporting evidence to our model? Sure, we must be all wrong. The team found it untrue. The same team that (according to their own account) did not notice the wrong M4 A1 stats were used even after weeks of floodings by posts on the M4s?

Anyway, thanks to TonySpaghetti for sharing the answer.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Sorry, but that answer sounds ridiculous to me. The issue was reported in the forums starting in October last year. It caused a thunderstorm in the forum. In the beginning I thought just give Funzio some time to react. (I know how things can look from the point of view of a service provider.) There never was a reaction.

Now they investigated it "thoroughly" but did not care to explain anything and never posted their results to the forum? And why do the forum results still perfectly fit the fight result screens? Why do those players involved in the discussion tend to give supporting evidence to our model? Sure, we must be all wrong. The team found it untrue. The same team that (according to their own account) did not notice the wrong M4 A1 stats were used even after weeks of floodings by posts on the M4s?

Anyway, thanks to TonySpaghetti for sharing the answer.
    +1. All "official statements" from GREEdzio are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    +1. All "official statements" from GREEdzio are to be taken with a grain of salt.
    Hold the presses you mean tech support may not know totally what they are talking about. I am shocked. At least I can feel secure knowing I can trust what I read on the web.

Is it possible that this discrepancy is in part by design? To keep the game a little unpredictable maybe there is an extra element in the formula for the attack and defense you bring to a fight? It just seems silly for Gree to ignore the known fact that there is a discrepancy.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
    Hold the presses you mean tech support may not know totally what they are talking about. I am shocked. At least I can feel secure knowing I can trust what I read on the web.

Is it possible that this discrepancy is in part by design? To keep the game a little unpredictable maybe there is an extra element in the formula for the attack and defense you bring to a fight? It just seems silly for Gree to ignore the known fact that there is a discrepancy.
    I didn't say they don't know what they're talking about. I implied that they may not always be telling the full truth, or any of the truth at all.

And yes, that IS by design. Everything must remain a mystery for the players... skill points, the true value of defense buildings, the random factor used in PvP calculations, whether or not the person you reported actually cheated, etc.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post

50% of the time they don't know what they are talking about or intentionaly lie to you or give you a BS answer.
    Are you a gangsters? No, we are Russians!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jahfive View Post
    conzio conned u, demand your money back. defence buildings are pointless.
    Not exactly, their value is just VASTLY misrepresented.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendfrim View Post
    Not exactly, their value is just VASTLY misrepresented.

could you explain for me pleaae because i think there for show, in hood and stats. they do not work and do not help when getting attacked or robbed.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jahfive View Post
    could you explain for me pleaae because i think there for show, in hood and stats. they do not work and do not help when getting attacked or robbed.
    They do help. However, leveled ones area not as strong as you might think. See
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...orum-knowledge. Note that all of Funzio's statements disagree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I didn't say they don't know what they're talking about. I implied that they may not always be telling the full truth, or any of the truth at all.

And yes, that IS by design. Everything must remain a mystery for the players... skill points, the true value of defense buildings, the random factor used in PvP calculations, whether or not the person you reported actually cheated, etc.
    Sorry Dudeman if I misrepresented what you wrote. Sometimes my sarcasm gets away from me. With that said, if they can't be transparent in a reply why don't they say so? This isn't directed to you Dudeman of course. I gue Funzio/Gree thinks we can't handle the truth :-)