Where I See This Game Heading...

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where I See This Game Heading...

Post Count

Exclamation Where I See This Game Heading...

IMO, Crime City is in a downward spiral. The cost to maintain a Top 10, 25, 50, or any rank team for that matter, is rising monumentally with every passing war. If this trend continues, I see a few courses of action in the future:

1) Many players will quit, unable to keep up with rising costs to continue participating in these wars, leading to the eventual downfall of this game

2) Many top ranked syndicates will begin coordinating with each other to minimize spending and assure specific ranks each war, limiting GREE's income and leading the to eventual downfall of this game.

3) GREE will either reduce costs of wars (which will eventually bring us back to where we are now, in reality only prolonging their own demise in exchange for more of our money) or eliminate them all together, and being unable to accommodate players needs with their limited imagination of events, will lead to the eventual downfall of this game.

4) GREE simply gives up, realizing that this game is on a downward spiral toward destruction, and just tries to milk us of every penny they can, leading to the eventual downfall of this game.

If anyone has any opinion on my speculation, I would love to hear it. I've felt for months now that this game was coming to a fast end, but I would hate to see it...I encourage anyone with ideas to prolong this game as long as possible to voice their opinions in hopes that GREE will realize what's happening and figure out a way to correct this inevitable downfall. I love this game, and I would hate to see it fade away due to inflation...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gree the next zynga.
    Hey look a banana.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    4) GREE simply gives up, realizing that this game is on a downward spiral toward destruction, and just tries to milk us of every penny they can, leading to the eventual downfall
    Gree giving up is gree selling the game to another developer. They wouldn't just shut it down. This game will be around for many years.

Post Count
    I like how the first sign of the apocalypse in your opinion is that it's getting more expensive to compete in the top syndicates. That's a sign that the game is more popular and making more money, not that it's dying. Quit your whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    I like how the first sign of the apocalypse in your opinion is that it's getting more expensive to compete in the top syndicates. That's a sign that the game is more popular and making more money, not that it's dying. Quit your whining.
    Haha, I was waiting for Dipsticks view To clarify, I'm not "whining" per say, simply offering a speculation of direction in my opinion your retaliation is expected lol, but I would like to note that this was meant as a serious thread and would hate for it be closed to due to excessive trolling...though I presume that comment will instead attract the trolls...=/

Articulate Author Tommy Two Toes's Avatar
    Post Count
    I saw the title of this thread, and didn't expect words (which I didn't read). I just expected this:

Post Count
    "I'm not whining, I'm just offering a speculation of direction in my opinion"... aka, whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Just to understand this better, does it take more gold to maintain your syndicate's rank now? IMO I don't think so

Mafia Code: 464-035-132 | 733-518-011

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by c00guy View Post
    Just to understand this better, does it take more gold to maintain your syndicate's rank now? IMO I don't think so
    top 500 battles are just as intense as top ten battles! Same amount of gold needed to maintain our spot while still growing and advancing.

Same amount being zero gold! Op could challenge himself by joining a free syndicate to see how far he could push it without gold!

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    IMO, Crime City is in a downward spiral. The cost to maintain a Top 10, 25, 50, or any rank team for that matter, is rising monumentally with every passing war. If this trend continues, I see a few courses of action in the future:

1) Many players will quit, unable to keep up with rising costs to continue participating in these wars, leading to the eventual downfall of this game

2) Many top ranked syndicates will begin coordinating with each other to minimize spending and assure specific ranks each war, limiting GREE's income and leading the to eventual downfall of this game.

3) GREE will either reduce costs of wars (which will eventually bring us back to where we are now, in reality only prolonging their own demise in exchange for more of our money) or eliminate them all together, and being unable to accommodate players needs with their limited imagination of events, will lead to the eventual downfall of this game.

4) GREE simply gives up, realizing that this game is on a downward spiral toward destruction, and just tries to milk us of every penny they can, leading to the eventual downfall of this game.
    1. That means the game is doing great and lets them come up with new ideas for us to spend money, not magically go to crap out of nowhere.

2. We've already tried this (twice) and it has become clear that people's "need" to be at the top will always outweigh what some would call common sense.

3. Wars are their cash cow so why in the world would they ever remove them anytime in the remotely near future. Plus they've come up with numerous other ways for us to spend our gold other than wars.

4. As someone said before, GREE won't just throw in the towel and delete the game, they'll sell it to someone else and they'll potentially make it better. In case you haven't noticed though Crime City and Modern War are still one of the worlds top grossing apps so despite what people may think about this game coming to an end i promise you it will be here for quite some time.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Expect the unexpected.
    Always Famous......

Consistent Contributor mikkobaby's Avatar
    Post Count
    No idea why some would feel that this is a whinning/useless topic. It's a matter of fact that this game is beginning to be expensive to keep up with. BigRob is merely stating his views on recent events happening.

PS: This topic is purely for open discussion & voicing out relevant ideas. Afterall that's what a forum is meant for.

Pls feel free to add me~ 530 078 068

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkobaby View Post
    No idea why some would feel that this is a whinning/useless topic. It's a matter of fact that this game is beginning to be expensive to keep up with. BigRob is merely stating his views on recent events happening.

PS: This topic is purely for open discussion & voicing out relevant ideas. Afterall that's what a forum is meant for.
    Expensive for you maybe.

Post Count
    If they sell this game who would buy it ?

The future of this game is really up to people who play it i.e until the game become unplayable in sense you can't even load the game on an old device not everyone can afford new tablets.

Speaking on MW there 4 day brawler event going on right now and that just ridiculous and i have feeling next will be a whole week . Forget about wars. . I bet last week they raked in loads of money during brawler event.

Lurker
    Post Count
    5 months ago if you decided to boycott syndicates I'd have said that you'd be severely handicapping your ability to keep up with the game. Back then there were limited events no ltq no le buildings etc, with all that a player can decide what not to participate in based on your player characteristics and still maintain your relative "ranking" in the game. personally my syndicate has been top 500 in every war, we barely made it last war. The truth is that what it takes and what it costs to even stay top 500 is not really worth the time and gold, it is fun and I love the comradery but it's 3 days of gree owning me. Personally I can make far more from other events then from syndicate battles, and thats the point gree is giving players options on player styles, it would be far worse if the only way to increase your stats was to participate in syndicates. Profit wise it would be better for every player to buy a vault a month then have 100 players by 20 vaults, and that what gree is trying to get us to.