how much $gold is spent to reach top 25 ???!!!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much $gold is spent to reach top 25 ???!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

how much $gold is spent to reach top 25 ???!!!

how much gold u guys reckon it takes to reach top 25,( it will be appropiate the people who had a place in the 25 answer this qs)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The first event of this style ( diamond fist) I spent 6.5 vaults and placed 22nd if that helps u out

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke 3457 View Post
    The first event of this style ( diamond fist) I spent 6.5 vaults and placed 22nd if that helps u out
    thnks ,it helps heaps

Post Count
    Quite of few top 25 people on the forum have said to have spent over 6 vaults worth. There would have to be an insanely crazy modifier for me to even think about trying to go for it. I have come in the top 250 in these events spending between 50-70 dollars worth the gold to do so.

Edit: A top 25 person said that it wasn't worth the money/gold because they would have boosted their stats more by spending the same amount of gold on crates. Once you decide to go for it and spend a lot to be in the top 25 it is a waste to just take the loss and end up in the top 250.
    Last edited by KemoKidd; 08-03-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TONYMONTANA86 View Post
    thnks ,it helps heaps
    No prob bro

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Yeah crates way better deal except for the diamond fist. For people who had 90k attack and up anyway. I won't try for top 25 or 50 again not worth it IMO.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I've come to learn the crates are a better deal if you are just trying to boost your stats. I spent more than a vault of gold combined on 2 events. One got me the street demon car that gets the 10% of the upgrade time with a A/D 311/227 and the other one the head smasher got me no perk and a A/D 632/468. I never bought crates before but Instead of the events have started buying some of those. I got lucky and got the bomb which is now the 3rd strongest attack item in my inventory. I think If I put a whole vault of gold into the crates id have had way better stats then the 2 of those combined.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    ive changed my mind im not going for it, 6 vaults not worth the item, crates all the way.

Banned
    Post Count
    So if you do the math...

It costs each of the top 25 on average $500+.
    $500 x 25 = $12500
    They have one a week so 52 weeks in a year,
    $12500 x 52 = $650000
    This does not include those that attempt to get into the top 25 and don't make it. Nor does it include those who buy gold on a regular basis.
    I would say that gree has quite a racket going!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I did the math on an event and it worked out at about £2.40 per item or just over $3 so use that as a yard stick
    Level 159

296-288-356

Consistent Contributor Dangerous Greg's Avatar
    Post Count
    Actually, these are underestimations of the actual amount of gold required in my opinion.

I would say that it takes at least 8 vaults of gold to get in the top 25. Based on my records, I haven't done it using less than 12,750 gold bars. My last event took 10.35 vaults or 15,525 gold bars.

Why do I know that 6 vaults isn't enough? A very simple analysis tells you why:

In a 6 day event, there are 144 hours. That means that the best you can do is to to make 144 opening attempts without resets. The rates for getting the item you want...in this case secret documents, is around 30%. For me, my rates have been lower. The last event was 21.1% and the nitro (car event) my rate was 23.5%. This current event is even lower for me. But, assuming 30% rate, that means that in order to get 150 items (reasonable amount for top 25) that will take 500 opening attempts. 120 opening will be without the need for reset if you are really aggressive every hour with openings. To get 500 crates/boxes will require at least 20 energy refills. What does this all mean?

Approximately 500 boxes to open to get 150 event items. That is 7,500 gold bars
    To open 500 boxes, you will need about 380 resets (500-120). That is 5,700 gold bars.
    To get 500 boxes, you will need at least 230 refills of energy or about 600 gold bars.

The grand total to be in the top 25 should be 13,800 gold bars give or take a little bit. That's more than most people will admit to spending but this is a fairly straightforward analysis. Overall, I think this is a conservative estimate although one could argue that the top 25 can be achieved with less than 150 event items. This may be true but only for a few people. Generally, the numbers are greater than 150.

Theses events are not a value proposition!

Crates give more bang for your buck! Well, as much as a virtual reward can give you bang for your buck!

Good luck all!
    Game name: Alchemy103(CCS)(UB)
    Level 200
    Fights Won/Lost 79,852 / 1003 (1.25% Lost)
    Robberies Won/Lost; 72,927 / 23 (0.030% Lost)
    Attack 385,165
    Defense 325,013
    IPH 5,309,538

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Greg View Post
    Actually, these are underestimations of the actual amount of gold required in my opinion.

I would say that it takes at least 8 vaults of gold to get in the top 25. Based on my records, I haven't done it using less than 12,750 gold bars. My last event took 10.35 vaults or 15,525 gold bars.

Why do I know that 6 vaults isn't enough? A very simple analysis tells you why:

In a 6 day event, there are 144 hours. That means that the best you can do is to to make 144 opening attempts without resets. The rates for getting the item you want...in this case secret documents, is around 30%. For me, my rates have been lower. The last event was 21.1% and the nitro (car event) my rate was 23.5%. This current event is even lower for me. But, assuming 30% rate, that means that in order to get 150 items (reasonable amount for top 25) that will take 500 opening attempts. 120 opening will be without the need for reset if you are really aggressive every hour with openings. To get 500 crates/boxes will require at least 20 energy refills. What does this all mean?

Approximately 500 boxes to open to get 150 event items. That is 7,500 gold bars
    To open 500 boxes, you will need about 380 resets (500-120). That is 5,700 gold bars.
    To get 500 boxes, you will need at least 230 refills of energy or about 600 gold bars.

The grand total to be in the top 25 should be 13,800 gold bars give or take a little bit. That's more than most people will admit to spending but this is a fairly straightforward analysis. Overall, I think this is a conservative estimate although one could argue that the top 25 can be achieved with less than 150 event items. This may be true but only for a few people. Generally, the numbers are greater than 150.

Theses events are not a value proposition!

Crates give more bang for your buck! Well, as much as a virtual reward can give you bang for your buck!

Good luck all!
    cuz, its only a game bro ,i know this good psychologist,ha what u say?, if u want me to intruduce u to him i can

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TONYMONTANA86 View Post
    cuz, its only a game bro ,i know this good psychologist,ha what u say?, if u want me to intruduce u to him i can
    Greg writes an intelligent, insightful post helping people to understand the commitment it takes to place in these events and you come back with some 10 year old crap like that. Drop that garbage line on someone who is posting thoughtless crap (won't be hard to find, you fit that description perfectly).
    Also, might help if you got a dictionary out next time you read the grown-up's posts so maybe you can comprehend anything with more than 2 syllables.
    Cheers!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthHurts View Post
    So if you do the math...

It costs each of the top 25 on average $500+.
    $500 x 25 = $12500
    They have one a week so 52 weeks in a year,
    $12500 x 52 = $650000
    This does not include those that attempt to get into the top 25 and don't make it. Nor does it include those who buy gold on a regular basis.
    I would say that gree has quite a racket going!
    I like the math the other way around:

$500 x 52 = $26,000 per player per year
    $26,000 x 25 = $650,000

Pretty crazy to think there is someone out there who's gonna try to get every event item and they're going to drop more than what the poverty line is on this game.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Greg View Post

Good luck all!
    Thanks Greg for a very insightful post.
    Current mood -Claude Debussy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvUepMa31o

CC - Dillinja 145 319 413
    MW - iKill4Fun 243 199 681