Disapointed - May be a free player from now on Tactics?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disapointed - May be a free player from now on Tactics?

Post Count

Disapointed - May be a free player from now on Tactics?

New plans.

I’m waiting to see the outcome of some big bug issues I have had recently with the game and some bugs that have resulted in some serious wasted gold… serious wasted gold, and an entire missing second account.

So… in the meantime here is where I am going with the game and my thoughts. I am after feedback from other players to my thoughts below. If you are new to the forums and see my massive posts, either skip it like many or take the time… those who do often tell me they were happy they did.

THIS POST is about Crates/LE’s/Event items mixed with free play and low IPH… basically me.

I find myself in a conundrum at the moment. I have sworn to myself I will spend no further money on CC, KA and MW unless I am 100% satisfied with the eventual outcome of my situation from GREE/FUNZIO. I imagine I will hear something soon enough.

On the basis I will be playing free from now on I have had to give long hard thought to what I know, have read and where I can go with what I already have.

My thoughts were, even though I am a UK player I need to work out how to try to reduce my losses from being attacked while still positioning myself for being an effective attacker.

To work my strategy out I have the following data available to me, curious to see others assessment of tactics with this situation:

I have 303 Indestructible units with base defense above 16 so far. Stealth Bombers will give me my highest attack scores achievable within the next couple of weeks. They have a defense value of 16 so can sit behind 303 indestructible units PLUS any Cash, Drop and old residual Valor units I have or pick up

On this basis as I gain Event items with greater def scores than 16 I can grow my allies while keeping my best cash attack units from being killed when attacked and maximising my number of allies.

You might ask what about aircraft carriers and so on… well simply put they cost money or valor and can die, and they have much higher def values with lower or similar attack values. This would mean I would to protect them from dying need to decrease my ally size far far more than if I buy NO defensive units for now.

On this basis I can field say 75 Allies or 300 units. (currently down to 100 and decreasing once all my 500 perishable units die off that can be fielded with 100 allies.

With the best defensive position determined to prevent ANY loss of attack units I can field soon I need to look at my attack list. Again looking at how many units I have above or equal to 50 attack (to build in the max number of Stealth Bombers needed to make up the remaining 300 attack units) that can’t die I get. I have 113. So that means I have the capacity to improve my attack using this tactic with a max of 187 Stealth Bombers… plenty to keep me busy then. Sitting under that is already more than 400 undying units that will slowly be replaced in attack by the stealth bombers or step up when I lose them in a fight and can’t afford to replace them straight away. (again not including the hundreds of perishables I field already that can be thrown away for now).

So I feel I have a tactic that will create an army that can’t be raised at all when defending off attackers and will allow me to improve steadily my attack ability without spending further gold and only in game cash.. supplemented by free event items! So for every 4 event items with Def’s greater than 16 I can add one more ally and then field 4 more bombers less those same event items that already exceed 50 attack.

Slow, steady and free on top of what I have now. But it will mean a low ally count but a VERY VERY powerful and strong play technique… and I’ll use some of my remaining gold (Flan don’t hurrah this) to change to RUSSIA for the next 12 months or so using this tactic.

Feed back or thoughts?
    Last edited by Kiss Of Death; 07-24-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    Danger Close
    Top 250 Faction: 890879030
    CRIME CITY : PVP Addicts
    Top 250 Syndicate : Invite code 182973555

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Sorry kod that wa tooooo long for me to read... Can you say all that again but a lot shorter...
    413 983 651

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT.GIN View Post
    Sorry kod that wa tooooo long for me to read... Can you say all that again but a lot shorter...
    I can kick your arse and you can't kick mine... buns of steel... that sort of thing... that's my ADHD suffer's version

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss Of Death View Post
    I can kick your arse and you can't kick mine... buns of steel... that sort of thing... that's my ADHD suffer's version
    That's a good idea, but why no aircraft carriers?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Oh ok i see... So you buy gold in MW and kingdom?
    413 983 651

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPT.GIN View Post
    Oh ok i see... So you buy gold in MW and kingdom?
    As of now... pending... Did. CC doesn't count I only play that to de-stress from the intensity of MW and lesser degree KA... which is starting a big boss event soon I believe (yay)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by enahs1 View Post
    That's a good idea, but why no aircraft carriers?
    Simple, their def score is in the 40's... so I'd be exposing units to being killed in progressive attacks against me and their attack is only 27. As I can simply use ally numbers as my actual shield due to the sheer number of units that cant die I have, I want to field as many allies as I can to best effect. As soon as I add Aircraft carriers I would have to reduce my allies to about 20 to make sure my aircraft carries can't die in a defense... and then I have no need for attack units as I have well over 100 undying units that have attack scores in the 100's

The point here is to field an army as LARGE as possible using the existing undying units I have available... since the best way to do this is to field the highest attack units I can buy with cash that ALSO have the lowest defense score I can get. This means that even if 100 players smash me day in day out.. they cannot EVER kill off one single unit of mine that defends.... and THEN I can attack back with the highest possible attack score my ally count can field between new cash and old gold units.

It is just luck that the Stealth Bomber has the highest attack ratings and the lowest def ratings allowing this phenomenon to be played out. Any and ALL attack units with attack scores high enough to actually get involved when I hit someone that also have a high def rating place them in the position to be killed by other players attacking me.

The cost to me in GDP in the game is not good enough to bother. So the ONLY unit I will ever buy is the Stealth Bomber because it's all I need if I intend to stay in a position that attackers can never ever damage me economically by destroying my defending units.

Speak to me in a year when I have access to the Special Ops plane and my tactics will open up...
    Last edited by Kiss Of Death; 07-24-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Post Count
    It's great to have the possibility to have an army of indestructible units. I wish I could do the same but at the same time made me think that some of valor units are not that bad. I thought as an aggressive player as you are, you must have a lot of valor points. Am I wrong? What do you do with them? Or that's not something you rely on?

Of course, I'm not an expert and rarely give me my opinion on strategies from my fellow forum friends so you can ignore me if you feel it was a stupid observation or if I missed the point.

Post Count
    I'm not glad I read it. JK. I guess good plan...
    1 thing I really hate.

1. Stealing tonyspaghettti's sig idea.

sailing around in the world in my FORTUNE CARRIER!!!
    Post Count
    so you are basically making yourself invulnerable to the pirates?? I can't think of any other reason you'd be so concerned about losing units while defending.

Also- the elite ops jet is way overpriced and casualty rate is not very good. I wouldn't buy them.

Post Count
    I just wish we could correct the typo in "disappointed" in the thread title...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Everson25 View Post
    It's great to have the possibility to have an army of indestructible units. I wish I could do the same but at the same time made me think that some of valor units are not that bad. I thought as an aggressive player as you are, you must have a lot of valor points. Am I wrong? What do you do with them? Or that's not something you rely on?

Of course, I'm not an expert and rarely give me my opinion on strategies from my fellow forum friends so you can ignore me if you feel it was a stupid observation or if I missed the point.

Stacks of valor and throw it around for PvP, losses for some reason always kill my attack drones and stealth ships over my High cas rate infantry like bio warfare and commandos... I'll lose an attack drone AND a stealth ship 4 times in a row before I'd lose a single high cas rate infantry.

At one point I had about 200 of every valor unit up to Attack Drones, but they have whittled away. I have not been playing long enough to have a high IPH or have developed high levels in troop buildings so valor units have been my most powerful to field for some time. I now need to build IPH which will take a very long time, becuase all my PvP has placed me in the early 100's for level in under 90 days of playing... I can't maintain let alone field powerful units other than valor, so have to start back peddling to keep them alive and start re-accumulating valor. I can probably save 10,000-15,000 valor a week with PvP and minimal losses now I have dropped so many allies.

So to answer your question I have used valor like slower players use IPH and high attack cash units... I ust can;t maintain the losses anymore with no IPH & cash units to speak off to fill the gaps yet.

Post Count
    way i see it there is two options , camp it out for years building iph and high end units and by the time you build up an army mw2 will be out ! , or build as you go with what you can get and and afford to get enough of to make a difference ,gradually moving up the units as you go, collecting gold units from events , if i hit whale zone and it all goes pete tong i will run and hide by dropping down to around 4 allies so i have a little all gold army then camp and build and still play box events and do loads of misssions as leveling up won't matter anymore . what else can you do ?
    MW:558 634 055

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeast View Post
    so you are basically making yourself invulnerable to the pirates?? I can't think of any other reason you'd be so concerned about losing units while defending.

Also- the elite ops jet is way overpriced and casualty rate is not very good. I wouldn't buy them.
    Sort of and no... I need time to go back a few steps and build Income up and cash units. Having played for less than 90 days I have found myself very high level very quickly and no ability to support decent ally expansion without opening up to losses I actually can't afford to replace. This is sort of a Invulnerable turtle approach but after already accelerating to a high level and stronger enemies. Without spending more on high powered gold units or eating up my valor on what should be cash units taking the brunt of losses I need to back pedal and find a way to still enjoy what I like most ... PvP, so I don't become bored. I had very little patience when I started his game but now see why it would have been much more beneficial to go slower.
    Danger Close
    Top 250 Faction: 890879030
    CRIME CITY : PVP Addicts
    Top 250 Syndicate : Invite code 182973555

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    I just wish we could correct the typo in "disappointed" in the thread title...
    Oh yes me too!!!!! as soon as I hit post I saw it on a re-read and cringed.... I wish you could edit those rotten headers.