Tapjoy Question

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tapjoy Question

Banned
    Post Count

Tapjoy Question

When I complete a tapjoy offer, I get the gold from the offer but if I try to do the offer again, it doesn't give me gold. But if I were to make another tapjoy account would it give me the gold from the offers that I had done in the account that I was originally using?

Supreme Scholar
    Post Count
    Silly Joaquim they track it using your iTunes account

Supreme Scholar
    Post Count
    So you would have to create another iTunes account to get the offers again

Post Count
    No, you won't cause they track you by UDID.
    Pay the game the way it's meant to be payed!

Supreme Scholar
    Post Count
    And they also track your device too

So new iTunes account + new device is what you need

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by joaquim View Post
    When I complete a tapjoy offer, I get the gold from the offer but if I try to do the offer again, it doesn't give me gold. But if I were to make another tapjoy account would it give me the gold from the offers that I had done in the account that I was originally using?
    I don't think so. You have to link your device and your device specific info is probably stored somewhere. I doubt it has anything to do with iTunes because even if you make a new iTunes account your device info will be unchanged. If you make a new Tapjoy account on a new device and transfer your game I don't see why there would be a problem, but it won't work using the same device.

Post Count
    Does Tapjoy ever reset their offers and let you do them again?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos, View Post
    Does Tapjoy ever reset their offers and let you do them again?
    I don't think so. I had a flickster offer for 4 gold. I did it again a few weeks later and didn't get any gold. I don't think that you can do an offer from one game and do the same offer for the other game either. I did the flickster offer for MW for 3 gold and didn't get a single bar.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    I don't think so. You have to link your device and your device specific info is probably stored somewhere. I doubt it has anything to do with iTunes because even if you make a new iTunes account your device info will be unchanged. If you make a new Tapjoy account on a new device and transfer your game I don't see why there would be a problem, but it won't work using the same device.
    I had to exchange out my ipad due to an issue and when I started using tapjoy from the new device it wouldn't let me download anything that I had previously installed. It showed the apps in my list of possible downloads but clicking on them brought up the this offer isn't available.

I emailed tapjoy support and they responded they couldn't do anything about it and it would reset eventually. It never did.

I fixed it by clicking on the old apps, getting the this offer no longer available message, then opening up the app store and reinstalling. They would then disappear from the tapjoy site but it took forever.

All of this to say that somehow their mechanism includes both the account and the device.
    retired

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by iteachem View Post
    I had to exchange out my ipad due to an issue and when I started using tapjoy from the new device it wouldn't let me download anything that I had previously installed. It showed the apps in my list of possible downloads but clicking on them brought up the this offer isn't available.

I emailed tapjoy support and they responded they couldn't do anything about it and it would reset eventually. It never did.

I fixed it by clicking on the old apps, getting the this offer no longer available message, then opening up the app store and reinstalling. They would then disappear from the tapjoy site but it took forever.

All of this to say that somehow their mechanism includes both the account and the device.
    Did you make a new Tapjoy account or just use the same one on the new device? If you make a new Tapjoy account on a new device, I don't see why you couldn't just transfer your game and get double Tapjoy rewards. It sounds like the problem you had could have caused by trying to use an existing Tapjoy account on a new device.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    Did you make a new Tapjoy account or just use the same one on the new device? If you make a new Tapjoy account on a new device, I don't see why you couldn't just transfer your game and get double Tapjoy rewards. It sounds like the problem you had could have caused by trying to use an existing Tapjoy account on a new device.
    I used an old account at first and saw the issue with all the previously used ones not working. I then created a new account, but since I had already set up old account on that device, the new account wouldn't work to give the gold to the game.
    retired

Lurker
    Post Count
    Is Tapjoy working on Android? I cant use it...