What can we do to improve the Boss events?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What can we do to improve the Boss events?

Post Count

What can we do to improve the Boss events?

This thread has come about following a comment by War Priest regarding the massively skewed mechanics of the current and previous Elite Boss events, and specifically his suggestion that perhaps as Forum members we should try to organize our thoughts in a coherent way and attempt to put some pressure on the devs to make a few changes.

I think most of us would agree that as an event, the Epic Boss series is a great concept: it's obviously ensuring that non-gold spenders get a handful of indestructible units, it's undoubtedly making money for Gree, and it IS fun!

However, now that we're into the third such event, it's clear to all that the lower levels can go MUCH further than their counterparts at higher levels before they have to (if they wish) turn to gold. In large part this is due to the 'health' the Boss has at any given level seemingly being skewed in favor of lower levels.

The aim of this thread is twofold. First, to get feedback and as much hard data on your experiences of the Boss events to date. I am hoping Q Raider, in particular, will lift his post in another thread and put it here, and hope that others will then get the gist and add to the data he has been compiling. Second, there needs to be some discussion about what we can do in terms of communicating with the devs - the gold boycott did very little good, really, but that was essentially a negative protest. What we are talking about here is putting some pressure on the devs in a POSITIVE way to improve a product that is essentially good but COULD BE so much better.

So in short, data and ideas, please!

And sandpit-boys, this is not a thread for any of the usual banter or silly comments, please.
    Last edited by Thunder Child; 07-20-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    formerly playing as

Hammer Slammer & Thunder Child

Banned
    Post Count
    We have tried creating threads here on the forums for change and they did nothing. What I suggest is that we put together a little paragraph saying how we feel. Then copy & paste it and send it in a ticket form to support. Maybe if they get bombarded with a hundred or so tickets all demanding the same thing by all forum members, a change will happen.
    Last edited by War Priest; 07-20-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Post Count
    Just a suggestion...How about using WP's idea to be more effective..you come up with a Generic support ticket and every forum member that either agrees and has the same problem happening as far as these events sends in the very same paragraph as a ticket..maybe they will get the point.
    Team Sexey FTW!
    638-665-697- MW

Post Count
    Not great to be the first to respond, but would be really useful if we had feedback from low, mid and higher level players. I know JMC you have been about and are mentioned in QR's post, so your expereince would be especially useful from up on top.
    formerly playing as

Post Count
    @ WP & Seq

While I agree that is a great way forward, we need to generate content. If we can get enough good information, then condense it into a ticket that won't be dismissed too easily AND mobilize enough support for a mass send, then we have a chance of improving the Boss event series, I think.

But we DO need good content!
    formerly playing as

Banned
    Post Count
    I want loot units I actually send to battle. This goes foe the entire game. PVP loot especially.

Banned
    Post Count
    What pisses me off is the splash screen says the more bosses you defeat, greater chances at winning rarer and more powerful units. What total bullsh*t!

I am on boss 19 and have not got a singe rare, and only won 3 uncommons.

This should be fixed also!

Post Count
    Well the first kill takes me 2 cash hits. I assume that the level 1 boss for me has about 135000 HP or so. First hit does around 60% of the damage or a bit less.

Level 6 boss, i waited too long as i was preoccupied and was unable to kill him with 12 hits doing 89000 damage everytime. So that's a minimum of 1,068,000 health.

Also last event i was doing 105000 damage per money hit, so it seems they have made it even harder. Last event i could not kill the 7th boss either.

They need to decrease the health, especially for high level players. They should also show us how much health you have as well as how much the boss has. Defence scores should also be factored in to either how much health you have, or how much damage the boss does.
    Last edited by JMC; 07-20-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Post Count
    @ Poop

Noted, and agree. But in the first instance what we are trying to do is track how many hits it is taking you to dispatch the Boss at each level so that we can try to pressure the devs to make the progression from Boss 1 to 30 more equitable for players of all levels.

If players at levels 75, 95, 115, 135, 155 etc. have the same possibility of reaching Boss 20, for instance, before turning to gold if they wish (or can afford) to, then we have a much fairer event.

At the same time, since so many of us are stalling so early (around Boss 10 for me this time) chances are we're only going to get crappy commons, but if the whole thing were overhauled, more people would go further (though not necessarily to the end) and get into uncommon and rare territory.... which would sort out your wish, Poop.
    formerly playing as

Post Count
    Here's an idea. If the bosses are gonna be this difficult to defeat. Take away the 2 hour time limit that makes the boss run away. In item events, a free player can luckily get 10 items and win the grand prize. In the PvP/IPH tourneys a free player can win if he puts a lot of work into it. For this boss event, especially for the high levels, there is absolutely no way a free player can win. Take away the run away time and it might take me all day to kill the 30th boss, but at least it's possible.

Gold players obviously have the advantage as they always do, but it still makes it possible for a hardworking free player with high stats to get by.

Banned
    Post Count
    My attack on the recent boss is in that thread including hit values and numbers. Its on page 2.

Banned
    Post Count
    Great idea JMC.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopenshire View Post
    My attack on the recent boss is in that thread including hit values and numbers. Its on page 2.
    I think what we need to do next time is to set up a 'hit' tracker thread. McDoc has done a great job on getting the loot tracking going, but it's really the hits or the health of the Bosses that needs tracking so we can see the differentials between players' levels in black and white...
    formerly playing as

Post Count
    @ WP

I will come back to this in a few hours time. Once there is sufficient feedback, comment, data, etc. I will try put together a suggestion for a ticket for a bulk send by Forum members, who can then comment on and modify the text before it is used.
    formerly playing as

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Not trying to get nobody mad, but I like the boss event the way it is... There will never ever be away to get powerful units for free...
    413 983 651